[UDP]

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Ariem

[UDP]

Post by Ariem »

Ok, I want to know what [UDP] is.

One thing I don't think anyone here can tell me is why every once in a while wolf will crash, re-load and have all my fav servers under local?

ie: Oldcrows Bani Objective[UDP]
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

udp is ultimate dance party. as in udpviper.com
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

I have seen posts about UDP. I forget where I seen them. If I start a server on my computer it will show up under internet and local(duh). UDP is added to the name under local. If I read the posts right, UDP is your port on your computer. Some copy and pastes of sorts:

UDP = user Datagram Protocol. If you set up a local lan thats runnunign on a TCP/IP network, you wil find that the game "packs" udp into the tcp packet and you see that UDP ting come up :)

27964 tcp/udp - Game Port
26950 tcp/udp - Q3 Port
27900 tcp/udp - master.gamespy.com IP:16.177.89.34
49160 tcp/udp - wolfmaster.idsoftware.com IP: 192.246.40.65

Games use UDP packets because they are much faster then a TCP packet. These types of packets are called "fire and forget" basically you send off the request and you never really know if it gets there. Wolfenstein uses 3 basic ports to connect to a server. For the outbound connection it looks like this:

packet 1:
source port UDP 27960
destinationUDP port 27951
sent to wolfmotd.idsoftware.com

packet 2:
source port UDP 27960
destinationUDP port 27952
sent to wolfauthorize.idsoftware.com

packet 3:
source port UDP 27960 (assuming the server you are playing on is using 27960 - which is the default)
destination port UDP 27960
sent to the server you are connecting to.

Don't know if any of this is correct. Maybe some one else can explain it.
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

For some reason my high school's web filtering policy blocks the udpviper site for "nudity"

good luck figuring that one out..
"I sure wish women would stop fucking with my head and get around to the rest of me."