16%
I'm so nice, I deserve a halo!
10%
You must be thinking of Ph0g...
30%

Total votes: 67

Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

listen i know i am an asshole, so before anyone decides to say something, i'll be the first to admit to it, sometimes i get pissed and tend to be a complete asshole, but one thing though, i don't get pissed at the noobs, because just the name alone for them explains why they don't know shit, i get pissed at the ppl that know how to play and choose to be dickheads about it, and you know who you are, ie "<---WILL END U", wtf is that, am i that good, that ppl just go after me?
Till DEATH do us Part
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

Ha Ha imbro. im not tryin to be an ass im just messin wit yah :D :D
are u ready to die!
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

In any of the mods...shrub or bani you are required to know more then stock wolf to play....stock wolf comes with the nice easy to read instruction manual, you can easily learn to play and jump online and have fun in your n00bfull (ignorant?) bliss. When you jump onto a shrub or bani server you are introduced to a world with a lot of changes.....too many to ask about during gameplay. Most of the people I have come to know who play the mods are people who know more about computers than the average joe....and not always are they nice about sharing their knowledge. When I first stumbled upon a bani server I was too whimpy to ask questions and instead turned to the website listed on the server....after watching people get flamed for asking the simplest of questions I too thought there were a bunch of pricks playing. As I kept at it I noticed more than a few were very nice and they and the fact that the mod rocked were what kept me here. In any field like computers, electrical, construction, whatever....people who are outsiders are always made fun of. You computer guys probably laugh all the time about the idiot who couldn't figure out this or that...I worked in construction as an elevator installer for a long time...we were always making fun of the idiot engineers and architects who were so stupid as to design something that was so obviously wrong. We would cut it apart and weld it together right, redesign the wiring, reconfigure the wiring to the computer boards, reconfigure the computer programming whatever was needed to make the elevator work. It is important to remember that whatever you do in life there are those who dont do it, if everybody had your knowledge the jobless rate would be pretty high. There are a lot of people on here who don;t have computer knowledge...they play for fun, as a stress reliever, or whatever. More times than not the jerks who ruin the gaming expirence are people who have the knowledge and think it is retarded for others not to. This is obviously not the majority of people here but there seems to be a higher percentage on the mods then in vanilla. Probably because there are more computer whizes here then in vanilla, the non computer guys either don't know about modding or don't care. I stumbled here by accident. Point is be nice about helping others with their transition into bani...in the long run it will be what keeps the game going for us all to enjoy.

/vsay sorry this was long. :oops:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i remember my first experience with banimod... it (ofcourse) was goldrush and half the team was complaining about this player using a cheat to look like the enemy... i asked how and so did half the team but no reply... later i went to someplace else (i didn't pay attention to the banners saying banimod forums so i went elsewhere)... and they told me a little about bani... No i don't think that we're assholes it does get annoying though with people repetidly asking the same question over and over when it's been answered many times...
Now as for engineers... :evil: i am a working on my computer engineering degree... :evil: (btw i understand about what your making fun of though, i had an engineering assistant job once and the engineers i worked with couldn't figure out how to retrieve a file they thought was lost)
also this is nothing, maggot and corpse fill my screen very oftenly with their posts
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
tWIStd

Post by tWIStd »

for the most part, i've always felt the real players of Banimod to be pretty cool. of course ppl get pissed and start whining and screaming. but it comes with the territory, ppl are so into this game.
Boco

Post by Boco »

Ooo. This has turned into a "first time playing Banimod" post. I add.

First time I played Banimod was on an Instagib Goldrush server running on mp_trenchtoast. I formed a rivalry with Vaden because I kept killing him and he kept complaining that I kept killing him (understand? heh.) Anyways, I eventually found the website and I learned there was a lot more to Banimod. I have been playing it ever since.

I also notice that people don't really reply to questions. I think that was why the "/callvote newbie" command was invented. But it is blocked on most servers. Go 'fig. Anyways, I usually will answer questions. About the discussion that all Banimod players are idiots, I find that funny while playing. To me, it is amusing watching people yell at each other. I mean, what can they do to the other person? Insult them? <sarcasm>Wow. I just got insulted. I am so sad.</sarcasm> I find it humorous to watch everybody yell at each other. I guess it is a mindset. Just realize that you don't have to yell back to try to "prove" your great skills. If he keeps insulting your abilities, just shoot him many times. That is what I do.

Oh well, this has turned from a "how I got into Banimod" post into a post about ignoring what people type to you. I got side tracked again... >_<
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

there isn't much for me to say about "my first time playing banimod", all i remember is that it was a HUGE deal if you cashed in 4 gold at one time, let a lone a goldrush, HOLY SHIT, yeah and getting 30+ kills in a single round was an amazing accomplishment to boot, aside from that, i was a noob when the mod was a noob, so everyone was noobs, and there wasn't too much to figure out, and by checking the forums for updates and such along the way helps you get ahead of other ppl, so :?
Till DEATH do us Part
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

after you plan bani for awhile though and get to know more people it's not bad and it's a good community 8)
Please visit our site it has a brand new look

http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/

please visit and join our forums if you want to stop by and hang out.
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

btw i been playing bani ever since like the first week it was released to the public but i wasn't active in talking to players till like half a year later.
Please visit our site it has a brand new look

http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/

please visit and join our forums if you want to stop by and hang out.
Boco

Post by Boco »

-[x]- Surge wrote:btw i been playing bani ever since like the first week it was released to the public but i wasn't active in talking to players till like half a year later.
Heh. I was kinda like you. I would frequent the forums and people who I played with knew me, but I never posted.
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

Yup, i have had a rough experience with my first time playing banimod too... I got on a goldrush server and when I saw guys flying around with insta-gib mausers I said "wtf is going on???". As soon as I said that a vote was called to kick me and I was kicked. So, I got back on the server and had the most fun I ever had on a wolf server since i first got the game. I went to this site after about a week of playing on that server. Ever since I have almost never played on a vanilla wolf server (until ET came out, that is). Back in the day when i had time to play banimod almost everyday, I found myself ignoring noob questions too. It just gets annoying to answer them over and over again so i binded "go to the website: bani.anime.net/banimod" to my keyboard! The problem is that is didnt even bother to use the bind! :lol: Banimod vets and banimod noobs just dont mix. If your a noob, then yeah: banimod players are assholes. If your a banimod vet, then hell no!
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

i remember my first time playin Banimod.

first thing i said to myself is holyshit smoke is comin out of that guys ass :D
are u ready to die!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i remember allmost getting kicked from BI2 because i used pilot to go over the wall and they accused me of using a hyper jump cheat
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

Is imbroglio {zer0}death?
kenny stinks
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

Once again you defy all commen sence, alex.
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo: