To Clan or not To Clan, that is the question

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

GOAT CHEESE

To Clan or not To Clan, that is the question

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

I’m seeking out advice and opinions on RTCW clan membership. I had an early-on negative experience with clan membership so I’ve never really considered it again until now. I've also noticed a lot of guys who were in clans that aren't now, and those who are now that used to not be. It seems there are fewer and fewer challenging rounds out there. It’s a crap-shoot on whether you’ll get a game full of newbies or a solid hard game of good players from night to night, or hour to hour.

My hope in joining a clan would be to get some more challenging and organized offensive and defensive games. The negative experience I had in the past was probably do to the fact that I’m 33 years old and have owned businesses and served as an executive for several companies the last 10 years. Thus I must admit I have trouble taking “orders” from overbearing, power-trip filled kids whose cumulative life experience consists of getting their first handjob and spending weekends asking people if they want fries with that. No offense towards younger people or those who work fast-food intended (we've all been there), almost everyone I’ve played with has been great.

So, what do you guys think --- was that an isolated bad clan experience? What are your clan experiences?
bacon

Post by bacon »

Don't join a clan if you don't really want to. You can find a lot of experienced players in the well-known servers, most of the time.
GOAT CHEESE

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

The tenor of my message is that I do want to join a clan, if its about playing some good games and having fun.
For example, I know I really like and respect the play of the players I've seen that are in [-X-], {Zero} and Phantom.
But what you don't see that may OR MAY NOT be there are the clan politics that I've seen and heard about it some clans (though I've heard nothing regarding those three).

So thats why I was posting, looking for opinions on clan membership....

GOAT CHEESE
alex247

Post by alex247 »

Hi goat

being that I am a 26 female and totaly understand where your coming from...I had a few bad experienceses and made my mind up that I was going to wait till the clan that I wanted to joind had an opening. For me I really like a number of clans. But the two I really like and became good friends with was -[x]- and SOL. I thought about some of the others but I knew one of the two clans were for me. So, as you can see I made it into -[x]- and love it. I'm glad that I'm in -[x]- now because the leaders are mostly my age and they do a great job running the clan.

So stop by and check the forums at -[x]-.
http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/
Also highly suggest stop in at the SOL forums too. There a great clan too.
http://www.solsquads.clan.st
Good luck looking for a clan. YOU WILL NEED IT! 8) 8)
-[x]-AleX
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

yeah lol, we are a well organized clan. with very good players. only 3 members of -[x]- are under 18 :D

if u ever want to tryout man u know where to find me :D :D
are u ready to die!
bacon

Post by bacon »

-[x]- badman wrote:yeah lol, we are a well organized clan. with very good players. only 3 members of -[x]- are under 18 :D

if u ever want to tryout man u know where to find me :D :D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well organized? HAH! Maybe but good players? HAHA! Explain how tom's on x then!
|HP|Killing_Josh

Post by |HP|Killing_Josh »

hey if you want to join a good clan join =tef=clan www.tef-clan.tk go there and apply on the forums
:lol: :P
Happy Penguin Classic
74.91.114.83:27960
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

tom is 1 of those under 18 players.

yeah he may be our worst player but he can get the job done :D
are u ready to die!
bacon

Post by bacon »

-[x]- badman wrote:tom is 1 of those under 18 players.

yeah he may be our worst player but he can get the job done :D
If the job is getting killed before getting a shot off then he's very good at his job ;)
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

If you want to see a clan where the members really respect, like and help each other out, check out the =WSS= Clan.
http://www.wssclan.20megsfree.com
They play a lot of goldrush, but they also play objective. And their leader, =WSS=Vulture, has designed some awesome maps to boot!
Be seeing you!
GOAT CHEESE

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

bacon wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well organized? HAH! Maybe but good players? HAHA! Explain how tom's on x then!
MY GOD BACON, is someone kicking your ass at school and stealing your lunch money that you have to beat up on people online in forums??? I've never seen you play, but I've sure played with and against BADMAN and SURGE of [x] and they both play great, so I'll take their input on who can play and who can't.
This kind of stuff proves my point as why I want to be careful in what teams I want to play with. I want to play with people who play the game well, but also with good people.

I'm not just speaking of your comments above to BADMAN, but the comments you made calling a statement I made "sad" in another thread.

How about some productive posts and chill out on the flaming people.
GOAT CHEESE

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

GOAT CHEESE wrote:
bacon wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well organized? HAH! Maybe but good players? HAHA! Explain how tom's on x then!
MY GOD BACON, is someone kicking your ass at school and stealing your lunch money that makes you feel the need to beat up on people online in forums??? I've never seen you play, but I've sure played with and against BADMAN and SURGE of [x] and they both play great, so I'll take their input on who can play and who can't.
This kind of stuff proves my point as why I want to be careful in what teams I want to play with. I want to play with people who play the game well, but also with good people.

I'm not just speaking of your comments above to BADMAN, but the comments you made calling a statement I made "sad" in another thread.

bacon

Post by bacon »

GOAT CHEESE wrote:
GOAT CHEESE wrote:
MY GOD BACON, is someone kicking your ass at school and stealing your lunch money that makes you feel the need to beat up on people online in forums??? I've never seen you play, but I've sure played with and against BADMAN and SURGE of [x] and they both play great, so I'll take their input on who can play and who can't.

First, I was stating the obvious, not flaming.
Second, stop being a hypocrite; why are you telling me to stop flaming when you're flaming me?
Lastly, why do you quote yourself for no apparent reason?

So "MY GOD GOATSE CHEESE"
GOAT CHEESE

Sincere thanks

Post by GOAT CHEESE »

Thanks to those who sent private e-mails and sincere posts I received regarding this thread. It helped. I am going to try out for a couple clans to find one that fits me so I can continue my enjoyment, ok addiction, to the game.

Dave (GOAT CHEESE)
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

bacon wrote:Lastly, why do you quote yourself for no apparent reason?
I was also wondering this?