from a server ETPRO3.00 at a server Shrub

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

macbeth

from a server ETPRO3.00 at a server Shrub

Post by macbeth »

i just connected on a shrubET server after playing on ETPRO 3.0 and the hud stayed exactly as it was in etpro. I there a way to avoid this?

macbeth :roll:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

WTF

that not posable. ...

it should have gave you the defaulth etmain hud again

esle it wasnt an shrubet server (unless that shrub server stole the etpro client)
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

we are on the server AZL
IP 66.28.238.21:22002 shrub mod

the topic is on this forum:
http://bustarbox.dynu.com:8888/forum/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Then? :wink:
macbeth
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

the scewed around
faltytower

Post by faltytower »

That happens when you load the mod (either by fs_game or connecting to an ETPro server) and immediately log to a server that is not pure and is running a mod. Unpure servers--as is their nature--allow any mods on the client-side to run w/o failure and ETPro is no exception to the code. It is by no means a bug or exploit. The server has to run pure in order to avoid this feature.

FWIW I have done this (on another server, Hamster House of Fun) and have found that most of ETPRO's client-side features (HUD, log message, speedometer) and bug fixes (spectator kicks) work.

If you want to avoid this, quit your game after having connected to an ETPro server. Or ask the admin of your server to run PURE.

EDIT:
Additionally, Shrub is a server-side only mod, meaning that the client doesn't necessary have to have files for it in order to play on a server that runs it. Put 2-and-2 together and you have your present circumstance.