hate shrub..........

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Imbroglio

hate shrub..........

Post by Imbroglio »

god for some reason today i played on a shrub ETserver, when ppl die med packs and such pop up out of their corpses, i was like WTF, whats the purpose of the medic if you get health back everytime you kill someone, and not only that, i think shrub fucked with the mp40 damage, or just the admin, instead of the usual 5 shots in ET to kill someone with an mp40 it took about 20 and the fucking thompsons were blowing everyone away, god i hate that mod :evil:
Till DEATH do us Part
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

Remember that most things are configured by the server admin, so rather than hate the mod, hate the server admin that configured it to behave like that.
O2.iceman
Oxygen
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

true, the server admin could have changed or altered the smg damages but the med pack thing, personally that just rediculous, and i also saw something that shrub included, it came up and said 'type /m msg (player or slot number) for private msgs', thats an obvious rip off of bani, so yeah, i do hate the mod or atleast the modder, bani mods towards mature audiences while shrub mods have corpse nades and fun mode? come one are we playing a team strategy game or are we typing in cheat codes for duke nukem 3d? :roll:
Till DEATH do us Part
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

I played in a server today with shrub mod... It didn't used to have shrub mod, but they recently added it. The mp40 does indeed have a reduced damage... It is really gay. The mp40 was the WEAKEST smg to begin with.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well i also played a shrub server i didnt nticed but thing where a litle different from normal like when your teamate dieed you clould use +ativate on him to over his class like airstikes med packs stuff like that but you lost you own classspecified stuff it was kinda cool but it sucked caz you also lost you smg

there is an other thing ripped from bani i think /shove he also added shove i didnt know if shub already had it but i thnk its ripped off and that sucks
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

shrub had sove in rtcw, he may have gotten it from bani but seems kinda rediculous not to have shove (especially if you can drag people)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SmokenStien

Re: hate shrub..........

Post by SmokenStien »

Imbroglio wrote:god for some reason today i played on a shrub ETserver, when ppl die med packs and such pop up out of their corpses, i was like WTF, whats the purpose of the medic if you get health back everytime you kill someone, and not only that, i think shrub fucked with the mp40 damage, or just the admin, instead of the usual 5 shots in ET to kill someone with an mp40 it took about 20 and the fucking thompsons were blowing everyone away, god i hate that mod :evil:

I'm addressing all the posts I've read so far in this reply. I'm not a SHRUB supporter, and will be switching to BANI (or what ever the name happens to be for ET) as soon as it is released!! :rock:

As a server admin all I have to say is, until some thing better comes out for Et it will surfice!!

MOST server admins will discuss problems you see with their servers if you use the posted email address and approach them with the proper attitude. Don't start off telling them their server or installed mod sucks!!! Let them know what you don't like about their server. People just don't like reading docs, and SHRUB comes without a config with most things ON by default! :roll:
I just installed SHRUB and did take the time to read the online documentation FULLY, and believe me there is a lot I didn't want enabled!! :shock:
My reason for installing SHRUB to begin with was for some control with my ET server when I wasn't around. The bot gives me that control.

The admin has control over the following weapon changes:

g_weapons (0) is a bitflag variable with the following attributes. Add up the values corresponding to the desired features and set g_weapons appropriately to enable them:
1 - field ops do not spawn with binoculars with Level 0 battle sense
2 - syringes work underwater
4 - pliers work underwater (it will click due to client-side prediction)
8 - "Too many airstrikes requested" will restore used charge bar
16 - "Too many airstrikes requested" will restore half of used charge bar

The only thing that I can find that they changed in the MP40 was the rate of fire, nothing was posted about the damage being changed.
added MP40/Thompson rate of fire control
(list of changes can be found here: http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/shrub/whatsnew.html )

To the person who said that SHRUB STOLE the PRIVATE MESSAGING, well in reading the release notes of BOTH mods, it seems that (correct me if I'm wrong on this) SHRUB implemented it first!! SHRUB on 8/6/02 and BANI on 15/04/03 Please, when accusing some one of stealing, CHECK your facts out carefully before posting!! :gunman:
Just because two mod coders use the same advantages/disadvantages, or features does not make them THEIVES!!! It complements each other for usefull features. :lol:

it came up and said 'type /m msg (player or slot number) for private msgs', thats an obvious rip off of bani, so yeah, i do hate the mod or atleast the modder, bani mods towards mature audiences while shrub mods have corpse nades and fun mode? come one are we playing a team strategy game or are we typing in cheat codes for duke nukem 3d?
As stated above (and unless I'm corrected on the release notes) SHRUB implemented the PRIVATE MESSAGING before BANI, so do you now hate BANI because (in your words and phrasing) HE ripped off SHRUB!!!! (Like I said before, including features from one mod to another is not STEALING!!! Out right code stealing is a no no, and if you can prove either one stole code then please do so.)
The mp40 does indeed have a reduced damage... It is really gay. The mp40 was the WEAKEST smg to begin with.
It's most likely that your not used to playing with the UNLAGGED CODE than a change in the said reduced damage. The only changes he has made to that is the increased rate of fire, which in turn would throw out the timing that your used to with increased rate of kick back as well.
well i also played a shrub server i didnt nticed but thing where a litle different from normal like when your teamate dieed you clould use +ativate on him to over his class like airstikes med packs stuff like that but you lost you own classspecified stuff it was kinda cool but it sucked caz you also lost you smg
Do you really think that you could keep your original class weapons and take over the speacialty weapons of another class??
You take over the class and weapons of a dead player to use for a short period of time, saves having to go to the limbo menu and change class and have to die first before being able to use them. When you do die you retain your original class and weapons without having to change in the limbo menu again. Seems fair to me! :D
shrub had sove in rtcw, he may have gotten it from bani but seems kinda rediculous not to have shove (especially if you can drag people)
You can only DRAG DEAD people/players!! :arrow: Shove is supposed to be used to get those players that are blocking a narrow space, preventing other players from continuing on with their game. Think about having to TK a player in your way or having to take the time to hit your TALK key and type in MOVE!! (wich they may not see anyway's cause they may be AFK anyway) in the heat of the battle. DRAG on the other hand is used to HELP the wounded, if you can drag them to a safe place and revive them out of the line of fire it reduces the chance of a waisted revive only to be killed again. I'm supporting your comment just incase you thought I was bashing you! :bows:

Let the FLAMES begin!! :jump:

[/b]
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
Dyne

Post by Dyne »

I think mzking admins able to change eveything is just bad. Every server will be differrent and that sucks. If admins can turn on /off some fautures thats fine. I heard about kicing grandes away , let that be configarable.
I think the mos should focusa on fixing bugs and adding to the game play experience. Instead of making eveything changable. Soon people can set r_picmip 7 or omething like in RA3, it sucks.
Do some cool things like only dynaite can blow yp ramp. So allies have a chance at winning by skill instead of waiting and being lucky for axcis to make mistake.
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

Dyne wrote:I think mzking admins able to change eveything is just bad. Every server will be differrent and that sucks. If admins can turn on /off some fautures thats fine. I heard about kicing grandes away , let that be configarable.
I think the mos should focusa on fixing bugs and adding to the game play experience. Instead of making eveything changable. Soon people can set r_picmip 7 or omething like in RA3, it sucks.
Do some cool things like only dynaite can blow yp ramp. So allies have a chance at winning by skill instead of waiting and being lucky for axcis to make mistake.
Can you elaberate on that a little more? :lol:
Try and tell us what you don't like about what we are doing!

Admins/server operators are trying to set up their servers to make the game more interesting to the users. Options like being able to kick grenades away make the game more life like. A grenade thrown at you in real life you would have to make a decission of trying to save your buddy's by either throwing it back, covering it with your body, or kicking it away. To me that enhances the game play and does not take away from the game.
Being able to force the game setup on users only makes ALL clients on an even par, also reduces the chance of cheats!! PB does this now, if setup by the admin it checks the cvar settings when a user logs on and temp. (does NOT change your config) sets them to what is specified by the server admin in the config file. This puts all players on the same settings, making it an even playing field.
Only the important settings, ones that could give a player an advantage over another player are set. There are some settings within the setup file that could be used for cheats.
I'm not sure what ramp your talking about here but the amount of damage that it takes to destroy an object is set within the map and if it is set to dynamite damage, no amount of grenades, airstrikes is gonna destroy it. It can however be set that the damage is accumulated causing the distruction of the item in time. Some maps have doors (other objects as well) that when you touch them it shows an icon of a tank. That should mean that ONLY a tank blast can destroy them, but shooting them a number of times does destroy them. This is just poor mapping by the author.
waiting and being lucky for axcis to make mistakes
Isn't this like real life?
Battles are won and lost by taking advantage of mistakes.
People want LIFE LIKE games and at the same time they want a set playing field to their advantage. You just can't have both. :D

I think mzking admins able to change eveything is just bad. Every server will be differrent and that sucks. If admins can turn on /off some fautures thats fine.
You say here that it's bad for admins to be able to change things, then turn around and say that for them to be able to turn things on and off is ok. Making OUR servers different is what makes us stand out. If all the servers were setup the same then we would be lucky to have players on them at all. People come back to my server for the features I have on my server, not just because they have a good ping.
If you don't like non vanilla servers check the server info before you join, use the SERVER INFO button and look through the info to see what mods, or if FF is on/off or what ever you don't like about about how servers are setup. All the info is there, you would just have to enlighten your self on server setup to know what is NORMAL and what has been changed.

Most server admins give you an email address, or have forums setup so you can let them know if there are porblems with the server. They also like feedback on what the users like and don't like about the settings. Just be nice about it, if the first words are your server sucks in an email it is most likely deleted without reading the rest of it. :grenade:
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

I love the kickable grenades. Ever played medal of honor? You throw a grenade, the ai will kick it back at you.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

wolf sp does the same thing
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Yes, shrub had private messaging first. I came from shrub which had it to Banimod at around version .50. So, yeah. Overall, those were two good posts Smokey.

Either way, I wish the Mod bashing posts would stop. It's just silly. If they suck, don't use them. They have a feature that the mod you like doesn't? Suggest it to the author!

As for the doors being able to be destroyed with regular explosives, even though they have a tank icon, that is realistic. After a while, a door would be damaged enough to break. If you mean the tank icon shouldn't be there, they probably did that so people would know that the tank should be there. It's a spawnflag, so there's nothing you can do to get rid of it. If they really wanted to though, they could easily make it so only the tank could damage it. There must be reason then, eh?
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

In the levels wehre you need the tank to destroy something, It would make the levels SUCK to have them able to be blown up by anything other then the tank itself.
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

WeblionX wrote:Yes, shrub had private messaging first. I came from shrub which had it to Banimod at around version .50. So, yeah. Overall, those were two good posts Smokey.

Either way, I wish the Mod bashing posts would stop. It's just silly. If they suck, don't use them. They have a feature that the mod you like doesn't? Suggest it to the author!

As for the doors being able to be destroyed with regular explosives, even though they have a tank icon, that is realistic. After a while, a door would be damaged enough to break. If you mean the tank icon shouldn't be there, they probably did that so people would know that the tank should be there. It's a spawnflag, so there's nothing you can do to get rid of it. If they really wanted to though, they could easily make it so only the tank could damage it. There must be reason then, eh?
No tank in the map, and yes the icon could have been changed to the breakable icon. Don't say there is nothing 'you' can do about it, cause there is. Guess you just have to learn a little more about mapping to do it! :lol:
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I never said there was nothing I could do about it. :shock:
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.