Bad pk3s ?

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

katz

Bad pk3s ?

Post by katz »

Hi ;) I don't know where place it, but I think here is OK ;P
I have a problem :P

When I play a ET, on e.g. Shrubet, all is ok. But if on ETPro, I get disconnect when next map loads, and I can't connect from ET. If I want to reconnect to the server, I must close ET, and run ASE. From there all is ok, but if next map loads I've got the same problem. After disconnect i get message with info:
Couldn't load an official pak file; verify your installation and make sure it has been updated to the latest version.
Does anyone know how to "repair" that ?

Sorry for my english :)
mouse

Post by mouse »

big bump. I have this problem for ET2.6 + 3.1.13

np @ ETmain servers, fresh install. Any help?

thanks in advance :)
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

Perhaps a corrupt file in etpro? Try renaming the folder (for backup purposes) and then connect to a server to redownload the client. You could also try to download the zip from here and extract the pk3 to your etpro directory.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

2.6 tells you in the console which official .pk3 it was having trouble with. You may have to scroll back a bit.

In general .pk3s are considered 'official' if the name matches the patter pakN.pk3 or mp_bin.pk3

Sometimes server admins aren't aware of this, and create their own pakN.pk3 files.
send lawyers, guns and money
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeh all stoopid campaign files caled pak1337.pk3 lol

well there are 2 new officail files in 2.60 the pak2.pk3 and the mp_bin.pk3 maybe u shold try to fix those
mouse

Post by mouse »

I installed multiple versions of ET for this patch, and I didnt edit my shortcut to it properly (so I was still playing the 'old' version and trying to connect to the new version)

:oops:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

whee lol