PrivateClients

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

tdg_sparky

PrivateClients

Post by tdg_sparky »

There is a server with 8 slots avaiable 9 slots max and one slot for private clients. I have two questions.

1. If the server is full, how do I put in the password for the privateclients slot?
2. If the server is not full but I know that in a few minutes it will be filled with people that dont know the privateclients password and I want to start playing now, is it possible for me to enter the privateclients password now before the server gets full for myself so that the following people will be able to occupy the regular slots?
[FuN]mazza

Post by [FuN]mazza »

/password password;connect iphere
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

so u will need to reconnect ????
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

Yes
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

That's got to be wrong dude, the server is not passworded. I'm not talking about how to place a password to get into a server, I'm talking about how to enter the privateclients password.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

tdg_sparky wrote:That's got to be wrong dude, the server is not passworded. I'm not talking about how to place a password to get into a server, I'm talking about how to enter the privateclients password.
He gave you the correct answer.
send lawyers, guns and money
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

rtcw and et do it the same way
passworded server
/connect <server ip>; password <password>
or
/password <password>; connect <server ip>

private slot
/connect <server ip>; password <password>
(exception... this way you'll connect.. if it's full you'll enter the private slot, if it's not you won't)
or
/password <password>; connect <server ip>
(exception... this way you will allways enter the private slot... the ingame browser doesn't show private slot users... so if you're only player on the server it'll show empty)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

OK Gotenks, I'll believe you but then let's say a server is passworded and is also privatecliented. Now when you go to the console what do you type?

/password gamepw; privatepw; connect ip
?
How do you then enter both the entry password and the privateclient password? Sorry i doubted mazza, thanx.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

If you have a private slot password, that will let you in, even if the server has a different g_password
send lawyers, guns and money
deej

Post by deej »

gotenks wrote:... if it's full you'll enter the private slot, if it's not you won't
Actually If you have the private pass set you will always enter a private slot, regardless whether or not the server is full.

You can check this behaviour by issuing /rcon status. If you have let's say 4 private slots, slots 0-3 will be the private ones and will contain players that have the private password set. Even better, if private slots are used when the server isn't full regular players can keep connecting although the server might seem full in game browsers :-).
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yes, but if you don't set the private password till after the connect command it will try to connect before it set's the password... and you cannot move from private slot to public slot
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
deej

Post by deej »

v46 didn't consider that one. I use HLSW which sets everything for me :p
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

gotenks wrote:yes, but if you don't set the private password till after the connect command it will try to connect before it set's the password... and you cannot move from private slot to public slot
Yeah, thats why I love All seeing eye, it saves passwords for each server, so when you connect it automatically puts in the password for that server. If its a 18 slot server with 2 private slots...and you put in the private client pass...then when u connect with 0/18 ppl on it...then 18 pubs could connect since your not using of one their slots up. In the same way...if the server has g_password on...even if u dot know it, you can still get in with the private client pass
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."