Switching from clanwar to public settings problems :/

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

kropa

Switching from clanwar to public settings problems :/

Post by kropa »

Recently i configured our clan server to run also public mode and i have some problems
In clanwar mode it runs config file given by cb/rtcw.no without any problems.
Public mode is based on Efterlyst public config files (thx to Vio) but i have few issues.
Seems that switching from clanwar mode to public leaves few server settings on even though i disabled them in public config file (like warmup length,ppl have to press /ready etc.).
I also switched off grass on radar but when switching server back to clanwar mode it still stays off.
I`m quite new into server admining so i`d appreciate some help how to solve this matters.
Here are all config files used on server:

http://kropa.republika.pl/server_cfg/
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

When you do the public/comp mode switch, make sure to then do a map XXX ( or exec a stopwatch rotation etc ). Basically, the settings will stay the same often - UNTIL A MAP RESTART, then they reset.

( at least, I've found doing so fixed that error on my servers )
kropa

Post by kropa »

KingJackaL wrote:When you do the public/comp mode switch, make sure to then do a map XXX ( or exec a stopwatch rotation etc ). Basically, the settings will stay the same often - UNTIL A MAP RESTART, then they reset.
I tried it - doesn`t work :cry: (grass stays off all the time in competition mode - only full server restart fixes it).
When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it is "MonsterKill", in Quake3 it is "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it is "Kicked by console"
blaz

Post by blaz »

Code: Select all

command "sv_cvar r_drawfoliage EQ 1"
that should NOT be there.

basically, foliage is turned off on radar, but the server isn't allowing the client to do so because it's being forced on by sv_cvar.

you should notice a cvar_backupx.cfg in your etpro folder saying "set r_drawfoliage 0" (what the server was forcing).

i guess you could inform clanbase that they're morons, or you could just let them figure it out for themselves when they play on radar. :)
MeeZ

Post by MeeZ »

blaz wrote: i guess you could inform clanbase that they're morons, or you could just let them figure it out for themselves when they play on radar. :)
Agree :D the first CB config i got off a clanbase admin actually crashed my server :E
Meez
#eat - Quakenet
#necromantia - Quakenet
kropa

Post by kropa »

blaz wrote:

command "sv_cvar r_drawfoliage EQ 1"
that should NOT be there.

basically, foliage is turned off on radar, but the server isn't allowing the client to do so because it's being forced on by sv_cvar.

you should notice a cvar_backupx.cfg in your etpro folder saying "set r_drawfoliage 0" (what the server was forcing).
But the problem is that grass stays off using clanwar settings - while it should be on - even after reloading map.
What bout other issues ? Any ideas?Is there maybe command to clear all server settings before loading new ones (sth like "pb_sv_cvarempty" for punkbuster cvars) ?
When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it is "MonsterKill", in Quake3 it is "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it is "Kicked by console"
kropa

Post by kropa »

Oki doki ,i managed to fix it myself :D
Key to do it was - move almost all the settings excl. main server settings like rcon pass,port etc. from pub.cfg to puttable config pub.config .
Problem with grass was fixed by just placing "command "forcecvar r_drawfoliage 1" in map default section.
blaz

Post by blaz »

ugh.. misread the post. i thought you were trying to draw foliage in your pub config and it wouldn't change in your clanwar config. :oops:

oh well.. clanbase admins are still morons for keeping grass enabled 8)

as for grass not turning back on...

technically, it does turn back on; it's just flat. apparently, adding forcecvar r_drawfoliage 1 to mapdefault doesn't cause this.

however, i take it you modified your clanwar.config? to fix your server i don't blame you. however, that's "unethical" to do so. another issue with that is.. when the "certified" configs are out, you will not be able to do that.
kropa

Post by kropa »

blaz wrote:however, i take it you modified your clanwar.config? to fix your server i don't blame you. however, that's "unethical" to do so. another issue with that is.. when the "certified" configs are out, you will not be able to do that.
Yeh,but it`s the only thing i changed :roll:
I think i can use mapdefault.cfg to stay 100% ethical :D
blaz

Post by blaz »

i believe the mapdefault*.cfgs are ignored when a [certified] config is called.

// b_mapconfigdirectory - define the directory to look for default map configs.
// when a new map loads, the server looks for mapdefault_mapname.cfg
// and executes it if found. if not found, it looks for mapdefault.cfg.
// (this setting will be ignored when a certified configuration is loaded)
// default: ""
set b_mapconfigdirectory ""
anywho.. clanbase should disable the grass on radar. it's ridiculous not to.

there's two alternatives.. restarting your server before every match to remain "ethical" or just enabling grass in your pub server.

personally, i'd play with whatever settings the league uses. therefore, when a match comes up, you don't "wish the grass was disabled" because you've been pubbing on it for the whole week.
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

I am part of the config team of a new league.
I want this Certified Config stuff soon.
It would realy help.

ClanBase, well what can I say, they finaly did some update work.
But it still isn't the ClanBase I once knew and loved years ago...