Custom campaign problems

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

[2nr]Wags

Custom campaign problems

Post by [2nr]Wags »

Hi guys,

I'm having a few problems setting up a custom campaign. I've created a 4 map campaign (Fueldump, Goldrush, Battery, Oasis) using http://wolf.dehn.net/campaign.php, put all the files in etmain, and edited the server.cfg to load it as default, but it always starts in Stopwatch mode, not as a campaign.

The campaign files are:

etmain/[pak file]/scripts/nr.campaign
{
name "nr"
shortname "cmpgn_nr"
description "Campaign created by Http://wolf.dehn.net/campaign.php**Second Reality 4 Maps"
maps "fueldump;goldrush;battery;oasis"
mapTC 374 374
type "wolfmp"
}
etmain/nr.cfg
set d1 "campaign cmpgn_nr ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"
// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet."
set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map fueldump ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"
vstr d_initial
I've checked everything I can think off to make sure there isn't a "g_gametype 3" anywhere, and can't find a thing. The regular campaign works fine, so I can only assume it's a problem with this custom one.

Anyone notice anything I've done wrong?

Thanks,
Wags.
[2nr]Wags
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

can you show me your server config cause i cant even get it to load teh campaign?

thanks
This space for rent.
[Judge]Cmdr.Thor

Post by [Judge]Cmdr.Thor »

everything should be in your etmain folder, that is why it is not working. Then you should be able to put it into effect via ET Pro admin, under map/campaign selection....

etmain/[pak file]/scripts/nr.campaign

If that is the actual path it is in, it needs to be in just he etmain folder.

One other thing just so you know, is that if and when you reference a map that you dont have on the server, it will revert back to I believe if im not mistaken 'battery' as a stop watch type.... Since you are referencing stock maps, that shouldnt be the issue here, but wanted to tell you about it so you would know.

Also, doesnt that program (php script) name the Pk3 file something like.... Pakxxxx.cfg ??? If so, did you rename it yourself? If you did, change it back to what it was before you changed it...

please show us your server config.....

Thor
[2nr]Wags

Post by [2nr]Wags »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Where I put "[pak file]/scripts/..", I meant [pak file] to be the .pk3 file, and /scripts is inside that .pk3 file. Also, I left the .pk3 file as it's default name (pak4063.pk3 if I recall).

I'm away from my own PC at the moment, but I'll post my server.cfg tonight. For referance, the only things I changed with regards to the campaigns are the 2 places that "campaigncycle" appear near the bottom of the file. The first being in the "// MAP ROATION" section and the second being in the "// WATCHDOG" section.

Many thanks,
Alan.
[2nr]Wags
[2nr]Wags

Post by [2nr]Wags »

Thanks to the wonders of net2ftp.com, here's my server.cfg...
set dedicated "2" // 1: dedicated server for lan 2: dedicated server for internet
// set net_ip "" // set to override the default IP ET uses
// set net_port "27960" // set to override the default port ET uses

// PASSWORDS & CLIENTS

set sv_maxclients "16" // number of players including private slots
set g_password "" // set to password protect the server
set sv_privateclients "0" // if set > 0, then this number of client slots will be reserved for connections
set sv_privatepassword "" // that have "password" set to the value of "sv_privatePassword"
set rconpassword "<removed>" // remote console access password
set refereePassword "<removed>" // referee status password

// DL, RATE

set sv_maxRate "13000" // 10000 standard but poor for ET
set sv_dl_maxRate "42000" // increase/decerease if you have plenty/little spare bandwidth
set sv_allowDownload "1" // global toggle for both legacy download and web download
set sv_wwwDownload "0" // toggle to enable web download
set sv_wwwBaseURL "" // base URL for redirection
set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0" // tell clients to perform their downloads while disconnected from the server
set sv_wwwFallbackURL "" // URL to send to if an http/ftp fails or is refused client side

// MOTD ETC

set sv_hostname "^1Second ^7Reality ^4Public" // name of server here
set server_motd0 " ^7[^12^7n^4r^7]" // message in right corner of join screen here
set server_motd1 " "
set server_motd2 "^1Admin: ^7[^12^7n^4r^7]Wags"
set server_motd3 " "
set server_motd4 "^1Refs: ^7Various"
set server_motd5 " "

// MISC SETTINGS

set g_heavyWeaponRestriction "100"
set g_antilag "1"
set g_altStopwatchMode "0"
set g_autofireteams "1"
set g_complaintlimit "6"
set g_ipcomplaintlimit "3"
set g_fastres "0"
set g_friendlyFire "1"
//set g_gametype "4" // Game type should be set from map rotation script
set g_minGameClients "1"
set g_maxlives "0"
set g_alliedmaxlives "0"
set g_axismaxlives "0"
set g_teamforcebalance "1"
set g_noTeamSwitching "0"
set g_voiceChatsAllowed "4"
set g_doWarmup "0"
set g_warmup "30"
set g_spectatorInactivity "0"
set sv_floodProtect "1"
set sv_allowDownload "1"
set sv_pure "1"
set sv_minping "0"
set sv_maxping "0"
set match_latejoin "1"
set match_minplayers "4"
set match_mutespecs "0"
set match_readypercent "100"
set match_timeoutcount "0"
set match_warmupDamage "1"
set team_maxplayers "0"
set team_nocontrols "1"
set pmove_fixed "0"
set pmove_msec "8"

// LMS ONLY SETTINGS

set g_lms_teamForceBalance "1"
set g_lms_roundlimit "3"
set g_lms_matchlimit "2"
set g_lms_currentMatch "0"
set g_lms_lockTeams "0"
set g_lms_followTeamOnly "1"

// VOTING

set g_allowVote "1"
set vote_limit "3"
set vote_percent "60"
set vote_allow_comp "0"
set vote_allow_gametype "0"
set vote_allow_kick "1"
set vote_allow_map "1"
set vote_allow_matchreset "0"
set vote_allow_mutespecs "0"
set vote_allow_nextmap "1"
set vote_allow_pub "0"
set vote_allow_referee "0"
set vote_allow_shuffleteams "1"
set vote_allow_swapteams "0"
set vote_allow_friendlyfire "0"
set vote_allow_timelimit "0"
set vote_allow_warmupdamage "0"
set vote_allow_antilag "0"
set vote_allow_balancedteams "0"
set vote_allow_muting "1"

// PUNKBUSTER

// sv_punkbuster is a readonly variable. Use +set sv_punkbuster on command line or use the command pb_sv_enable in the console
pb_sv_enable
pb_sv_httpPort "8002"
pb_sv_httpKey "<removed>"
pb_sv_httpAddr "213.228.215.164"
pb_sv_GUIDRelax 1

// LOGGING

set g_log "etpublic.log" // Game logging
set g_logsync 1
set logfile 1 // Console logging ( 1: enable 2: enable and sync )

// MAP ROTATION

exec nr.cfg // Campaign mode
//exec objectivecycle.cfg // Objective mode
//exec lmscycle.cfg // Last Man Standing mode

// WATCHDOG

// in case the game dies with an ERR_DROP
// or any situation leading to server running with no map
//set com_watchdog 10 // defaults 60
set com_watchdog_cmd "exec nr.cfg" // defaults to quit
Thanks,
Alan.
[2nr]Wags
ApoCalypso

Post by ApoCalypso »

I have found using certain symbols in the description field have screwed up my custom campaign files. I would clear that field out and add something simple like 'test' to see if it corrects the problems. If it does just add things in pieces at a time until you get it right.

I've always also included my map pak in the etpro folder as well. I don't know if this is really required but I think I recall it is.
[2nr]Wags

Solved

Post by [2nr]Wags »

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help, I eventually managed to track it down to the set b_campaignfile setting in the ETPro config. I had a typo in that :)

Removed the line, and now all is working well again.

Thanks,
Wags
[2nr]Wags
daytroxative

Post by daytroxative »

ya i made a typo on that same thing.. i had the command right.... but not the variable... anyone know how this works?!??? i've tried

Code: Select all

set b_campaignfile "josejose??.pk3"
to load my campaign from etmain "josejose??.pk3"
the?? is the number of the campaign i'm using it hink im at like 16 now :\
so anyways... it goes to stopwatch when i try that... or do you do the shortname i think i tried both... i dont remember
deej

Post by deej »

You only have to put:
set b_campaignfile="scripts/custom.campaign"
since the .campaign file is packed within the scripts dir in the PK3.

The server will make the client download every .pk3 file that has a .campaign file inside it in the scripts dir.

If you then want to rotate between different custom campaigns, it is best to put the campaign definitions in one .campaign file like this (R0F10Map.campaign file packed inside the scripts dir inside the R0F10Map.pk3):

&#123;
		name				"ROF 10-Map"
		shortname			"cmpgn_R0F10Map"
		description			"1943. While the Soviets battle the Axis in the East the remaining Allied forces weaken the Axis in the South and the West until an amphibious liberation of Europe can be mounted.**This is a ten map campaign. Its also called Deej's Long Fest ;-&#41; Have Fun and enjoy your stay ...."
		maps				"battery;temple_final;oasis;v2base_te;railgun;caen;fueldump;v2base_te;oasis;goldrush"
		mapTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
		name				"Total Mayhem"
		shortname			"cmpgn_TotalMayhem"
		description			"Total Mayhem Frag Fest**This campaign runs the maps that offer the best fighting grounds. No sneaking around, just a lot high fragging action**If you do not have these custom maps, they will be downloaded for you from another VERY FAST server so please be patient and don't disconnect**^1Maps ^1also ^1available ^1on ^1www.fragland.org"
		maps				"oasis;citadel_obj;v2base_te;supplydepot2;tc_base;caen"
		mapsTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
		name				"Desert Storm"
		shortname			"cmpgn_desertstorm"
		description			"1944 and the legendary desert battles draw to an end. Axis and allies fight heavy battles in northern Africa in the footsteps of the legendary general Rommel.**^1This campaign uses a few custom maps! These maps will be downloaded automatically for you from the server at high speed, so there's no need to disconnect.**Have fun!"
		maps				"battery;bayraid_beta1;temple_final;v2base_te;citadel_obj;goldrush;oasis"
		mapTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
		name				"Desert Temple"
		shortname			"cmpgn_temple"
		description			"1948. The Axis High Command has ordered a strategic withdrawal from the 'remote and ultimately insignificant' North African theatre and their forces are busy fortifying the Atlantic coastline in expectation of Allied raids and an eventual invasion.**The Allies have much work to do before they can hope to mount a successful invasion attempt and must gain expertise in both beach and parachute landings. Clearly, the next phase of conflict will be critical."
		maps				"battery;temple_final;goldrush;radar;railgun;fueldump;oasis"
		mapTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
		name				"Complete"
		shortname			"cmpgn_complete"
		description			"1948. The Axis High Command has ordered a strategic withdrawal from the 'remote and ultimately insignificant' North African theatre and their forces are busy fortifying the Atlantic coastline in expectation of Allied raids and an eventual invasion.**The Allies have much work to do before they can hope to mount a successful invasion attempt and must gain expertise in both beach and parachute landings. Clearly, the next phase of conflict will be critical."
		maps				"battery;goldrush;radar;railgun;fueldump;oasis"
		mapTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;
and then just put the following in your campaigncycle.cfg

set d1 "campaign cmpgn_R0F10Map ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign cmpgn_complete ; set nextcampaign vstr d3"
set d3 "campaign cmpgn_totalmayhem ; set nextcampaign vstr d4"
etc...
Working this way you only need ONE PK3 for all your campaigns which you control from ONE campaign file set by the b_campaignfile variable...

It's much easier to manage campaigns this way and it keeps your server very clean (people that connect to it for the first time won't have to download a bunch of .pk3 files).

EDIT: gonna write a tutorial on this this week-end since this is causing trouble for so many people.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
vanhero.com

Post by vanhero.com »

deej wrote:You only have to put:
set b_campaignfile="scripts/custom.campaign"
since the .campaign file is packed within the scripts dir in the PK3.

The server will make the client download every .pk3 file that has a .campaign file inside it in the scripts dir.

If you then want to rotate between different custom campaigns, it is best to put the campaign definitions in one .campaign file like this (R0F10Map.campaign file packed inside the scripts dir inside the R0F10Map.pk3):

&#123;
		name				"ROF 10-Map"
		shortname			"cmpgn_R0F10Map"
		description			"1943. While the Soviets battle the Axis in the East the remaining Allied forces weaken the Axis in the South and the West until an amphibious liberation of Europe can be mounted.**This is a ten map campaign. Its also called Deej's Long Fest ;-&#41; Have Fun and enjoy your stay ...."
		maps				"battery;temple_final;oasis;v2base_te;railgun;caen;fueldump;v2base_te;oasis;goldrush"
		mapTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
		name				"Total Mayhem"
		shortname			"cmpgn_TotalMayhem"
		description			"Total Mayhem Frag Fest**This campaign runs the maps that offer the best fighting grounds. No sneaking around, just a lot high fragging action**If you do not have these custom maps, they will be downloaded for you from another VERY FAST server so please be patient and don't disconnect**^1Maps ^1also ^1available ^1on ^1www.fragland.org"
		maps				"oasis;citadel_obj;v2base_te;supplydepot2;tc_base;caen"
		mapsTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
		name				"Desert Storm"
		shortname			"cmpgn_desertstorm"
		description			"1944 and the legendary desert battles draw to an end. Axis and allies fight heavy battles in northern Africa in the footsteps of the legendary general Rommel.**^1This campaign uses a few custom maps! These maps will be downloaded automatically for you from the server at high speed, so there's no need to disconnect.**Have fun!"
		maps				"battery;bayraid_beta1;temple_final;v2base_te;citadel_obj;goldrush;oasis"
		mapTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
		name				"Desert Temple"
		shortname			"cmpgn_temple"
		maps				"battery;temple_final;goldrush;radar;railgun;fueldump;oasis"
		mapTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
		name				"Complete"
		shortname			"cmpgn_complete"
		maps				"battery;goldrush;radar;railgun;fueldump;oasis"
		mapTC				374 374
		type				"wolfmp"
&#125;
and then just put the following in your campaigncycle.cfg

set d1 "campaign cmpgn_R0F10Map ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign cmpgn_complete ; set nextcampaign vstr d3"
set d3 "campaign cmpgn_totalmayhem ; set nextcampaign vstr d4"
etc...
Working this way you only need ONE PK3 for all your campaigns which you control from ONE campaign file set by the b_campaignfile variable...

It's much easier to manage campaigns this way and it keeps your server very clean (people that connect to it for the first time won't have to download a bunch of .pk3 files).

EDIT: gonna write a tutorial on this this week-end since this is causing trouble for so many people.
where do you put the

set b_campaignfile "scripts/[whatevername].campaign"

command line??
#vh spe!rs
deej

Post by deej »

in your cfg file used to execute the campaign (e.g. campaigncycle.cfg)
vanhero.com

Post by vanhero.com »

hi,

i put it there, during one of my camps-when it hits a certain map-it go into one map stopwatch mode. sucks!!!

i could remove the camp files from the map pk3; however, the client would have to download ALL maps again... since pure server is on, and the files have been changed.

here is an example of my campaigncycle.cfg:

set d1 "campaign cmpgn_VH_Basic5 ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign cmpgn_VH_Frag_Fest6 ; set nextcampaign vstr d3"
set d3 "campaign cmpgn_N00B Maps ; set nextcampaign vstr d1

set b_campaignfile="scripts/custom.campaign" // new setting 

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet.
set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map fueldump ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
vstr d_initial
and here is my campaign file:

&#123;
        name                   "VH_Basic5"
        shortname             "VH_Basic5"
        description            "hosted by&#58; vanhero.com*.&#58;5 map campaign&#58;.**All welcome, have fun. No greifing, laming or spamming spawns.**Maps&#58;**Fueldump*Railgun*Battery*Oasis*Goldrush**=WARNING=*This is a no-bullshit server, play fair - or be kiked by the Fab5**.&#58;Home of the |VH| Clan&#58;."
        maps                   "fueldump;railgun;battery;oasis;goldrush"
        mapTC                  374 374
        type                   "wolfmp"
&#125;

&#123;
        name                   "VH_Frag_Fest6"
        shortname             "VH_Frag_Fest6"
        description            "hosted by&#58; vanhero.com*.&#58;5 map campaign&#58;.**All welcome, have fun. No greifing, laming or spamming spawns.**Maps&#58;**Supply Depot 2*Xposed*Caen*SOS Secret Weapon*Temple Final*Starlingrad**=WARNING=*This is a no-bullshit server, play fair - or be kiked by the Fab5**.&#58;Home of the |VH| Clan&#58;."
        maps                   "supplydepot2;xposed;caen;sos_secret_weapon;temple_final;stalingrad"
&#125;

&#123;
        name                   "N00B Maps"
        shortname             "N00B Maps"
        description            "hosted by&#58; vanhero.com*.&#58;5 map campaign&#58;.**All welcome, have fun. No greifing, laming or spamming spawns.**Maps&#58;**Cortex*Urban Territory*Saberpeak_final*SG@_1945_2_CatC*Mml Church*Daybreak*Northpole*ET_ice*Xlabs*BaceRace**=WARNING=*This is a no-bullshit server, play fair - or be kiked by the Fab5**.&#58;Home of the |VH| Clan&#58;."
        maps                   "cortex;UrbanTerritory;saberpeak_final;SG2_1945_2_CatC;mml_church_et_v1;daybreak;northpole;et_ice;xlabs1;bacerace_b1b"
&#125;
BTW, i think i forgot a quotation mark on the 3rd variable of campaigncycle.cfg

i don't think that would cause all the problems i am having though.

EDIT: i put a " mark up there, still stuck on goldrush.
#vh spe!rs
vanhero.com

Post by vanhero.com »

made a complete 6 map rotation, all defaults, still stuck on last map!
#vh spe!rs
deej

Post by deej »

Your shortnames don't match the names you call in the campaigncycle.cfg file... I don't see cmpgn_ anywhere in your .campaign file yet you set these in d1, d2 & d3.
vanhero.com

thanks

Post by vanhero.com »

for some reason... i was thinking... it had to say cmpgn_ in that spot. it works now, thanks!
#vh spe!rs