Disable Enemy Spawn Timer

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

[G-TAP] Franco

Disable Enemy Spawn Timer

Post by [G-TAP] Franco »

how do you disable the enemy spawn timer server side, i think this edition the the etpro mod is fine for league play but on our 32 slot public server it just encourages spawn killing.
can you disable it server side? and what are other ppls views on this?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Regardless of the built in spawntimer being enabled or not, it is trivial to time enemy spawns. Unless you propose to lobotomize all your players so they can't count...

Really, knowing your enemy spawn time is an essential part of good gameplay. Not just for spawn camping either.
send lawyers, guns and money
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

hm i first though it was done by a cvar but i see u indeed cant disable it server side and not force it on a client either

i did found 1 client cvar b_nmespawntimer "" default 2 but i didnt see the use of it
DG

Post by DG »

players can count it anyway, or use an external spawntimer that cant be restricted. ETPro's timer just levels the field by ensuring everyone has easy access to one.

Unfortunately all that can be done about spawnkilling is either strong adminning, having good regular players who are sportsmen and switch teams to balance them*, or just having good maps which have spawnpoints that are hard to camp.

* maybe could be encouraged by admins giving out private slot password for a week as reward for "sportsman-like conduct"? Means changing the pass regularily and keeping track etc though.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

before the spawntimer i had it set up at odd intervals... 23 or 17 second spawns for example...very difficult to predict w/o the builtin
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

not if u downlaod a good program for it :x