Help

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

MrBoneDaddy

Help

Post by MrBoneDaddy »

Ok I uploaded the etpro 3.2.0 and started the server. I found that when I connected and it download the ETPro to my ET client that after that I got a mismatch client/server anyone else get this I have searched the forums and have not found much about it. Also if there is anything else I need to do please let me know all I did was upload etpro and then started the server. The server I am putting this on is going to be a training server and would need to be stock but with some mods for term. Pleas help me out. Thank you.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well there many posable reasons for that

first make sure your server as wel as your lcient runs et 2.60

make sure the server only has 1 etpro version on (3.2.0)

and.. make sure the server runs pure

i suggest delete the servers etpro folder (u might wana backup all the .cfg files or any .pk3 i need

and do the same to your cleint :roll:
MrBoneDaddy

Hey

Post by MrBoneDaddy »

Well come to find out it was the pure. Ok now I have questions on the config part of it. Do you have to make configs for each map. Or like ETpub you make a server.cfg and a Defult.cfg Also where would you put them and tell it to load them? Thank you for the help.
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

You can load a server config just the same as in etpub or etmain. You should place the files in the etpro directory because that makes the most sense.

mapdefault.cfg is the default map config and mapdefault_mapname.cfg is the per-map config file.

Inside the etpro zip you will find example.cfg that contains sample cvar settings for etpro. You can also find descussion about those here or find samples at other clan or league websites.

Personally, I use a modular config so that I can mix and match files no matter what mod I am doing or disable sections if I want to. (IE I have a file for etpro cvars, one for punkbuster, one for regular cvars, one for the cvars that differ from server to server (name, motd, etc), one for passwords, and others that all execute from server.cfg) You don't have to get that involved with your config, but I find it saves a lot of time when running multiple servers and different mods and makes it easy to find a certain type of cvar.

Good luck setting everything up.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com