Campaign dies after the 6th map, everytime!

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

[BSS]Hambone

Campaign dies after the 6th map, everytime!

Post by [BSS]Hambone »

I'm having a problem implimenting a new campaign on my server. I currently have a campaign with 10 maps, works fine. But then I decide to build 2 10 map campaigns, XP reset at the end of each campaign. Which I done with no problem before, until now. So I've built the new campaigns, place the 18+ custom maps in the etmain folder, start up ET. Goes through the first campaign and dies after the 6th map. The error message that is displayed is "Map 'xlabs1' isn't a valid campaign starting map. Switching to stopwatch mode.". Xlabs1 is the map was the 6th map! It doesn't roll to the 7th map. I've switched the 6th map and it doesn't matter what the 6th map is it always dies on the 6th map. So I decide to test the 2nd campaign, which inturns dies on it's sixth map as well. Anyone have any advice for me?

PK3 File:

{
name "^2[BSS] Cmpgn1"
shortname "cmpgn_bss1"
description "Welcome to Blacksheep Squadron Enemy Territory Server**Please visit us at our forums**Spawn Camping is allow on this server"
maps "oasis;venice;fueldump;beach;battery;goldrush;frostbite;v1_drakir;northpole;rommel_b2"
mapTC 374 374
type "wolfmp"
}

{
name "^2[BSS] Cmpgn2"
shortname "cmpgn_bss2"
description "Welcome to Blacksheep Squadron Enemy Territory Server**Please visit us at our forums**Spawn Camping is allow on this server"
maps "temple_final;resurrection;falcon2;eagles_b1;v2_factory_b2;fun_beach2;saberpeak;stalingrad;xdam;supplydepot"
mapTC 374 374
type "wolfmp"
}

Cfg file;

set d1 "campaign cmpgn_bss1 ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign cmpgn_bss2 ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet.
set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map oasis ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
vstr d_initial
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

There's no such thing as map 'v1_drakir' (unless you made one). v1_drakir.pk3 is a map PACK, which contains the following maps:
- 'fliegerhorst'
- 'rhine_bridge'

I've also heard that there _may_ be issues running Northpole under either ETPro or 2.60 (I forget which). Try without that map and see what happens maybe?
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

Northpole works fine on our server. We are rotating 5 campaigns varying in length form 6 to 10 maps and don't have any problems with that.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
[DR]REVOS

Post by [DR]REVOS »

A. I don't see X Labs in here at all...
B. Whatever v1_drakir is... just take it out, because I doubt it's a correct file name.
C. I think a problem is in the CFG file... I've posted one of my own, functional campaign CFG's for you to compare to.
D. It might be wise to always start your camps off with two regular basic maps. Fuel Dump, Oasis, Battery, whatever. Starting them on a custom has, on rare occasian, caused me issues.
E. Question: when it fails after the 6th map, does it default to Stop Watch or crash your server? If it's defaulting to SW it's a problem with the 7th map, if it's failing once the 6th ends.
F. Double check all your map names are the correct .bsp file names.
set b_campaignfile "scripts/dark028c.campaign"

set d1 "campaign dR|028c ; vstr c2"
set d2 "campaign dR|029c ; vstr c1"

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet

set c1 "set g_gametype 4 ; map battery ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"
set c2 "set g_gametype 4 ; map fueldump ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
[/quote]
booger

Post by booger »

Its always a good idea to put a starting map for the campaign in the cfg.
I remember before the patch,the map fliegerhorst in a campaign caused problems,but I doubt thats an issue here.
v1_drakir will cause forced dloads unless b_campaignfile is set.
Does anyone still play xdam?