post your ET bugs here

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Noobie

Post by Noobie »

I have a problem with b_defaultskills (running ETpro 2.0.7 on a LMS server with b_defaultskills 4 4 4 4 4 4 4).

After the first round of each new map all skills reset to 0 again. So: when the rounds/map is larger then 2, after the first round the skills are gone. I found out that doing a /ref matchreset gives the players all lvl 4 skills again.

Apparently there is a difference in how ET loads the next round of a LMS map and how a matchreset works.
________
WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Last edited by Noobie on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i'll have a look at this bug

not many people seem to play LMS ... :moo:
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

people who get disconnected download due to map change seem to have their XP reset. ETPro 2.0.7
send lawyers, guns and money
Bane

Post by Bane »

I did a quick search, but found nothiong, so I think it's not mentioned yet:

If you shove an enemy corpse againts a flag, you'll loose it. Perhaps the shoving of corpses could be turned off...

~Bane
Tuchyna

Post by Tuchyna »

dont have time right now to go thru all the posts here, but here r some bugs in 2.0.7 that i found:
1: 1 panzer limit on server, i`m panzer, and go from server. other teammate chooses the panzer. and then i log in to the server, my stats r restored and i`m panzer again: so we have now 2 panzers, even the limit is set to 1...

2. i made the forcecvar on radar, no gras, but after that some clent wont connect... it takes time to connect for them, 999... but not for all clients, onli like 30 - 40 % of them
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:people who get disconnected download due to map change seem to have their XP reset. ETPro 2.0.7
the server punts them, not giving the mod a chance to save the XP.

workaround: dont use disconnected downloads :P

same thing will happen if a player is punted via punkbuster. the mod doesnt get a chance to save XP before the server kills them.

i may have some fix in the future...
Vraknor

Post by Vraknor »

I'm unsure if this is a bug, but it appears that in a SW 7v7 match with TWL settings if a team is locked while people are still readying up, the teamlock disappears once the round actually starts.

This happened to us (n4rc) during our SW league match vs KK where we locked teams at the beginning, but halfway through our defence one of them tried and succeeded in switching teams and went on to team kill us. On the next map we made sure we teamlocked, but once the round started he again almost immediately succeeded to joining our team and panzering us.

We then tested this out ourselves (of course after they threatened us to dispute the match on bad configs and try to force us to get kicked from the league and subsequently all left the server). I would like someone to try this on another server to verify that it is not just our server configs.

Thanks,
=N4Rc=Vraknor
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

I have also seen that team locking gets reset at the start of each round.
Stock bug (not just ETPro) that I don't think anyone has asked Bani to try and fix.
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

bani wrote:
SCDS_reyalP wrote:people who get disconnected download due to map change seem to have their XP reset. ETPro 2.0.7
the server punts them, not giving the mod a chance to save the XP.

workaround: dont use disconnected downloads :P

same thing will happen if a player is punted via punkbuster. the mod doesnt get a chance to save XP before the server kills them.

i may have some fix in the future...
why dont oyu keep the palyerss XP stored inot a file and update every time os it will always be there
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Vraknor wrote:I'm unsure if this is a bug, but it appears that in a SW 7v7 match with TWL settings if a team is locked while people are still readying up, the teamlock disappears once the round actually starts.

This happened to us (n4rc) during our SW league match vs KK where we locked teams at the beginning, but halfway through our defence one of them tried and succeeded in switching teams and went on to team kill us. On the next map we made sure we teamlocked, but once the round started he again almost immediately succeeded to joining our team and panzering us.

We then tested this out ourselves (of course after they threatened us to dispute the match on bad configs and try to force us to get kicked from the league and subsequently all left the server). I would like someone to try this on another server to verify that it is not just our server configs.

Thanks,
=N4Rc=Vraknor
team locks are not kept across warmup. this is the way etmain has always worked.
Vraknor

Post by Vraknor »

is there any chance teamlock could be carried through to the actual match in the next etpro? or is it simply not considered a bug...?
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Again, apologies if this has been covered already......

It has come to my attention that if you prime a 'nade and hit (and hold) TAB that you can hold the 'nade in it's primed state until you release TAB (and one would hope if you were into that sort of thing +attack). Now, although you are static (and in a strange semi-crouch position) this can come in handy in an ambush especially if on comms. which I hope most etpro regulars are.

If you move whilst the scoreboard is up, the 'nade resumes it's ticking from where you paused it, but if you remain stationary you can hold it for as long as the score is showing.

Any chance of having a tinker with the old code for a subsequent release?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Smokey wrote:It has come to my attention that if you prime a 'nade and hit (and hold) TAB that you can hold the 'nade in it's primed state until you release TAB (and one would hope if you were into that sort of thing +attack). Now, although you are static (and in a strange semi-crouch position) this can come in handy in an ambush especially if on comms. which I hope most etpro regulars are.

If you move whilst the scoreboard is up, the 'nade resumes it's ticking from where you paused it, but if you remain stationary you can hold it for as long as the score is showing.
i tried this and it didnt work. you end up throwing the nade and dying. you just dont hear the clicks while the scoreboard is up.
XelFiN

Post by XelFiN »

I have two problem.
One problem is with team_maxPanzers, etc.

One game, team_maxPanzers was set "-1". Few players used Panzerfaust in that game.
Then map had changed, team_maxPanzers was set "0". But some players still used Panzerfaust, even though Panzerfaust was banned. :(
I think it is necessary to change ClientUserInfo.

Another one, sometimes a player spawn at SOL with SMG without classchanged.
I don't know it's cause. But sometimes happen.
sAnexeh

Post by sAnexeh »

If an engineer disconnects from the server, his mines are removed too.

For example oasis: you place 10 mines before the old city gets capped. Allies takeover without hitting any mines.

Engineer has 0 mines to place at the guns area, so i can disconnect and say 'my ET crashed', reconnect and i can place 10 mines again.

Should be fixed imho =p