Radar bug

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

RedBaron

Radar bug

Post by RedBaron »

Hi, my first post here :D

And here's the bug: On radar when the player who took the radar parts gets kicked from server, the parts are lost for the whole game. Have seen it on a german server and the allies had no chance of winning. When the player dies, it normally returns after 30 seconds but when he gets kicked the parts are gone too.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Does he get kick WITH the parts? Or he had them and died?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i can't reproduce this bug on 3.0.0

please connect to 69.93.136.70:27969 and try it.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

There is another bug on Radar: Disappearing Dynamite. A side effect of this bug is that sometimes players get cought by construction madness (near the Main Gate/Side Entrance) when the Bunker-MG is constructed.
The Emperor watch over you.
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

He took the parts, ran away to side entrance and near command Post he got kicked. He was alive and had the parts.
Gonna connect as soon as I'm at home (working sucks :( )
[KuB]FraGiLe

Post by [KuB]FraGiLe »

Maybe it was our server ? :)...I only had kind of this bug when i did a mid-map shuffle via new shrubmod so the map wouldnt restart, just all ppl die and go back to spawn. What happened was that the parts were lost for the whole round.
faltytower

Post by faltytower »

This bug is still present with the current release of et (2.6) and etpro (3.2.5); not sure if it is fixable (could be Q3-engine related or computation related) but will give a description anyway for reproduction purposes.

Scenario: Player has taken east radar part and heads long way to drop zone; objective-carrying player's client crashes somewhere in this path (not sure, could be at command post or allied bunker spawn). No annoucement is made about part being lost. Player does reconnect few minutes after crash.

During the time the objective-carrying player client crashes and reconnect, west radar part is pick up. First two attempt fails, but eventually part is retrieved to drop zone. Unfortunately, since east has not been recorded as lost, game does not end.

One possible theory might be that objective is still with the player and all the player has to do is go to truck to drop the part.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

A demo would be very helpful
send lawyers, guns and money