Client communication failure

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

EZCChaos

Client communication failure

Post by EZCChaos »

On etpro 3.0.0/3.0.1 servers I get instant 999 ping that goes down on some servers if i'm the only one there but otherwise I get kicked for 'client communication failure.' What does this mean and how do I fix it?
The right perception of any matter and a misunderstanding of the same matter do not wholly exclude each other
Leviathan

Post by Leviathan »

i had same Problem a fev minutes ago, but Server restart has fixed it...

No idea, what caused the Error
Ich hasse Medics
EZCChaos

Post by EZCChaos »

sadly that doesn't solve my problem and I can't play matches until I find hte solution to this.
The right perception of any matter and a misunderstanding of the same matter do not wholly exclude each other
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

sounds like your network settings are wrong. snaps, cl_maxpackets and/or rate etc.
EZCChaos

Post by EZCChaos »

why do networks settings that work perfectly with shrub or normal ET and etpro2.0.7 fail to work with ETPro 3
EZCChaos

Post by EZCChaos »

someone said punkbuster needs to be updated to solve this but a fresh reinstall didn't help. does anyone know the answer to this?
Btw, rate snaps and cl_maxpackter aren't the problem (25000.20.30)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

try connecting to the quaketheism server 69.93.136.70:27969 and see if you get the problem.
EZCChaos

Post by EZCChaos »

I did connect there and well I can tell i'll have that problem there when the server is populated but when its just me I start as a 999 ping and go down.
EZCChaos

Post by EZCChaos »

I also got kicked for cl.snap.servertime<cl.oldFrameServerTime once when the same thing happens that normally kicks me for client communication failure.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

EZCChaos wrote:I also got kicked for cl.snap.servertime<cl.oldFrameServerTime once when the same thing happens that normally kicks me for client communication failure.
'cl.snap.servertime<cl.oldFrameServerTime' should be impossible as it would mean time is going backwards.

it would seem to point to severe network problems...
EZCChaos

Post by EZCChaos »

I also get kicked for configstring>MAX_CONFIGURATIONS quite a bit if any of these errors are related?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

configstring>MAX_CONFIGURATIONS is an etmain bug. it means your client was dropping packets while connecting. usually means a poor network connection to the server.
EZCChaos

Post by EZCChaos »

But how come I only get these errors to etpro3.0.0/3.0.1 and not etpro 2.0.7 or shrub?