Would this be considered a cheat?

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

KalleGuld

Would this be considered a cheat?

Post by KalleGuld »

I was playing around with my gfx drivers the other night, and I stumbled upon the ATI SmartShader option. It can produce some very wiered effects. (see screenshots)
But would it be cheating to use the smartshader? Or should it be considered so in the future?

(edit)
screens removed, sorry
(/edit)
Last edited by KalleGuld on Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edit: None of this is true
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Sorry Pic's are not working...
KalleGuld

Post by KalleGuld »

v46

fixed. sry for lame speed btw.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

Why would it be considered a cheat unless there's actually some advantage?

I'd be suspicious if I saw a PBSS of someone using it though... but why would you?
KalleGuld

Post by KalleGuld »

with this mode on it's really easy to spot ppl as they appear almost entirely white. Also, movements are a lot easier to spot because of the high contrast.
DG

Post by DG »

i'd be very surprised if league admin didnt ban you and maybe your whole clan after seeing that on a pb screenshot.

not exactly convinced just how useful it is, but if someone is using it, its pretty obvious what the intention is. it doesnt have to be a "hack" to be considered cheating, or at least not allowed.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

KalleGuld wrote:with this mode on it's really easy to spot ppl as they appear almost entirely white. Also, movements are a lot easier to spot because of the high contrast.
Is that Sketch mode? I tried it out, and I don't think it's easier to spot people, and it' almost impossible to see who's friendly and who's not.
KalleGuld

Post by KalleGuld »

yeah you're prolly right. I just wanted to hear other oppinions. btw, try ASCII-mode :D
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

more realistic tbh being in black and white......

hehehe
daemord

Post by daemord »

well you could have fireteam symbols on, when playing a clan match ur team would have symbols, so just shoot those without, id have to see it running like in a avi or something to see if it actually makes much difference, as at first glance things look a little smudged rather than clearer, if however it is easier over distances, especially if it effectivley removes fog then yes should be regarded as a cheat, however if its a driver "feature" the question becomes how do ya prevent it.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Even if this particular one isn't a cheat, it seems likely variations could be. PB screenshots would seem to be the only way to prevent it, unfortunately they are rather unreliable.
send lawyers, guns and money
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

lol i think leuge admni will ban if they see this tru a PB screeny

but its not realyy a cheat i think its more like how do i screw up my graffix :D
MeeZ

Post by MeeZ »

i tweak my graphics card driver to the effect of r_picmip 8.... Point being?
Meez
#eat - Quakenet
#necromantia - Quakenet
kingbolt

Post by kingbolt »

...errr...don't anyone have ATI-card...

You don't have to "hack" to get that kind if effects...just use the ATI control panel....there are multiple different "colour schemes"...
Grizbo

Post by Grizbo »

kingbolt wrote:...errr...don't anyone have ATI-card...

You don't have to "hack" to get that kind if effects...just use the ATI control panel....there are multiple different "colour schemes"...
Very first post
KalleGuld wrote: I was playing around with my gfx drivers the other night, and I stumbled upon the ATI SmartShader option. It can produce some very wiered effects. (see screenshots)