playing on et pro 3.18 server BUGS

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Dogwood

Post by Dogwood »

OK, as I said before, I have Norton AV2002 as part of NSW.
I'm running WinXP Pro SP2, with the built in firewall.

I just ran 2 test:
With NAV disabled, I get the problem, no change.
With WinXP Firewall off, I get the problem, no change.
BBr|ET Clan Leader
BroadbandReports.com
Dogwood

Post by Dogwood »

Ran another test.

This time I went beyond just right clicking on the NAV tray icon and selecting "disable", I removed it and all Symantic products from the start-up list in MSCONFIG.
Then I went to the WinXP Services Manager and disabled every reference to Symantic/Norton products as well as Windows Firewall and Security Center.
Rebooted.
Joined one of my ET servers running ET Pro v3.1.8 and I still got the quadruple "fight" and the freeze.

I hope this helps in your quest to find the real problem with this version.
BBr|ET Clan Leader
BroadbandReports.com
petlion

Post by petlion »

oh i have no Sp2 if that helps..
triggadeath

Post by triggadeath »

hey...

I also get that 20-30 sec freeze crap... never happened before 3.1.8, I was just on BIO server and a few people are complaining of having it as well...

while we are at it...
PunkBuster Client: r_nv_fogdist_mode = "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV" : must INCLUDE "NV" (OK)
wtf is that? and why does it repeat itself 50000000000 times on round change? is there anyway to stop it??!?!

Spec:-
P4 3.6 || 1GB RAM || 500GB Serial ATA RAID 0 || GeForce 4 ti 4600 || SoundBlaster Live || 2MB ADSL ||
Drivers: Nvidia Official version 66.93
Software: winXP Home || SP2 || Norton NOT installed.
Tried: WinXP Firewall on/off (same sh*t) || Tried using dxdiag to set sound hardware acceleration to the various 4 settings || Tried deleting etpro folder and re-installing 3.1.8 || Tried banging the F*cking computer!

plz fix.. as it is frustrating to wait for 30 secs between rounds and be left behind at spawn
thx
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

I get the brief freeze at map start too. Enough to hear "fight" 2-4 times. Seems to leave a gap in the lagometer.

Only AV is clamwin, which doesn't do any kind of active scanning (its just a little app that updates its db, and can schedule file scans), I'll try turning it off next time.
send lawyers, guns and money
*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

I doubt the reason of the game freezing lies in anti-virus software, because I don't run any. At least no on-access ones which are running in the background all the time. Turning off my Kerio Personal Firewall didn't change anything either. Having to be logged in as admin can't be the reason in my case either because I use Win98. :oops:

I did not get any problems like this on 3.1.6 servers (Efterlyst, ET-Center Box) and I still don't, which seems to indicate that it has nothing to do with the new PB client which was released in the meantime.

Maybe it is of importance that my PC is behind a NAT router...? But this never caused me any problems with ET before. :(

*EDIT* The degree of the freezing seems to vary on different servers. Sometimes it's only once at the beginning of the warmup and at the beginning of the round, sometimes it's even twice in the warmup. The length varies as well, but not much. Would a demo be of any help for you ETPro guys?
R/ed

Post by R/ed »

ugh we all experienced this .. so i dunno what..maybe or maybe not a bug at the start of each match my screen freezes and the anouncers voice repeats voice repeats voice repeats voice repeats voice repeats then everyhting is normal! well that all i got ... have your take on it
Only happened once to me, when i had just downloaded/installed etpro.
Connected to bio and when i got in, my whole pc freezed except my mouse :? , after a restart i reconnected and no freezes ever since.
I use Kaspersky Antivirus and i have no firewall, my pc is behind a NAT router too.
Dogwood

Post by Dogwood »

Is there a solution to this problem yet, or work around so that we can still run 3.1.8?
I really don't want to go back to 3.1.0, but I'll have to if we can fix this soon.
BBr|ET Clan Leader
BroadbandReports.com
*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

Taken from this thread:

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... 3&start=30
bani wrote:next release should have a fix.
:D

Looking forward to it. Btw I didn't post yet how much I like the changes in 3.1.8 because I somehow assumed it was pretty obvious that they're great, but of course it doesn't hurt to underline it. ;) I love especially the new hitboxes and the location names. But the other, less visible things are very nice, too, like noactivatelean etc.

Great job by the ETPro team!
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

on this pc i also get freeze ups after m,ap loading nd after warmup
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

My team members seem to have something in common with the freeze up issue. Only the people with dsl get the freeze. The people with cable dont.
Zaedyn

Post by Zaedyn »

I have the same problem using AVG, it's only for a few seconds though, not very long. I'm almost on the same LAN as the server too, which might be why it's not as long. Or maybe it's just different with AVG, dunno.
--Zaedyn (aka josh)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

next release should have a fix.