3.1.8 beta bug: 1 of around 10 can't play

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Zaedyn

3.1.8 beta bug: 1 of around 10 can't play

Post by Zaedyn »

I know this is similar to another bug, but it's become serious enough to merit it's own post for me. It seems around 1 of 10 players on our etpro server (running the 3.1.8 beta) have their ET freeze upon connect. Some of them can wait around 2 minutes and have it work fine, other wait two minutes and have no mouse control. Others wait 2 minutes and are just disconnected. I'm not sure what is the same about all these people. I think they may all have NVIDIA cards, but so do I---on 2 computers with 2 OS's (XP, Linux--Rh9 and Debian Sarge) without problems.

I can have one of these players try anything you need to figure out what it may be. I had him turn of anti-virus and disable the firewall but it didn't work. He's also on the same LAN as the server, so there shouldn't be any latency problems.

We'll probably have to go back to 3.1.0 until this is fixed.

Thanks.
--Zaedyn (aka josh)
zinx

Post by zinx »

This bug has already been fixed in the development version, and the fix will be included in 3.1.9 (and, eventually, 3.2.0)
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
Zaedyn

Post by Zaedyn »

Wonderful! Because we really like the changes in 3.1.8. I'm guessing we can't get a hold of the development version (cvs anywhere?).

So will there be a public 3.1.9 release?
--Zaedyn (aka josh)
triggadeath

Post by triggadeath »

zinx wrote:This bug has already been fixed in the development version, and the fix will be included in 3.1.9 (and, eventually, 3.2.0)
Great... because today ET was totally unplayable for me on my fav servers... :mecry: The problem has now gone from connect and after round start to sometimes during the round

gonna go :drink: myself to :sleep: :mecry: