Aimbot

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Pedro

Aimbot

Post by Pedro »

On a public server tonight and i found this guy cheating. I only got a couple of minutes of demo'ing but from what i saw, the guy was clearly using an aimbot.

Just thought any cheats should be reported to the etpro team straight away, considering the mod has just come out.

Heres the zip file, containing the demo and the screenshot of the guys cheaters ID. The players name was Pussytiv.

http://www.smokeysgrotto.com/demos/cheat.zip

Hope that is of some help ;)

Yea i posted this in the RTCW mod section as well :oops: I'm a divy ;)
meLonF

Post by meLonF »

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Oops didnt realise, sorry :oops:
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

pedro hows about telling us all which hax u use :wink:
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

>>steven! wrote:pedro hows about telling us all which hax u use :wink:
The ones you cant steal in Liverpool :P
hellcat123

Post by hellcat123 »

Wow, what a retard. Love the part when he is standing up on the balcony looking down through the floor at the medic. His FOV is like 180 degrees with his aimbot and is too stupid to set it to something uh, perhaps, less conspiquous. How was he allowed to play so long? LOL. Worst most brazen cheater I have ever witnessed. Nice demo.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

I wonder why no cheat ever managed to show mines, because cheaters seem not be able to see it. Or they just to dumb to avoid mines?
The Emperor watch over you.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

Maybe the client doesn't know where enemy mines are?
meLonF

Post by meLonF »

hellcat123 wrote:Wow, what a retard. Love the part when he is standing up on the balcony looking down through the floor at the medic. His FOV is like 180 degrees with his aimbot and is too stupid to set it to something uh, perhaps, less conspiquous. How was he allowed to play so long? LOL. Worst most brazen cheater I have ever witnessed. Nice demo.
I would bet money i have the demo of the stupidest cheater ever ....
for example his bot was spamming in global chat "xxxbot coded by ww.xxxx.net" every 30 seconds ffs :roll: he still insisted that he wasn't cheating ... up until the point i leaned him and he said "i have aimbot, but you must have wallhack cause you saw me through the wall" rofl
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

you should have gotten his specific cheat database info so bani could determine what cheat that was, because it was quite a devastating bit of programming and should be stopped ASAP. seeing an aimbot that powerful show up as [clean] makes my heart sink, TBH. the level of cheating in shooters has almost driven me away, actually. any game genre where a computer can outperform a human at the major skill (aiming in this case) is going to be laced with cheats. aiming is a matter of pixels, and pixels are the domain of computers. they will always be superior to the human eye.

i just can't seem to find any online, multiplayer game where the primary skill is something a human can do better than a computer program or script (such as thinking, planning and strategy). the only thing i can think of is chess, since you can watch your opponents moves and keep track of his pieces. on the other hand, i've had a few computer chess programs that kicked my ass in humiliating fashion, so people would just use those :(

human nature really sucks ass...
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

it does worry me stuff like this but tbh, i just live with it, cos

1) i enjoy the game
2) most cheats r nubs and wont survive in the clan community.
3) all games have ways of cheating, whether they r computer games, or RL games
4) it gives me summet to moan about when in comms, i like moaning....

ps. wasnt there a computer called deep blue or summet that played kasparov and beat him?>> so chess is definately not for u :P

hows about command and conquer 8)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
DG

Post by DG »

cheaters are less than 1% of players as far as i can tell, and at least half of them are total retards with it who are still totally crap. Half of what's left are obvious and hence can be dealt with, and that leaves what, a quarter of 1%?

oh noes!!11

hardly anyone wants to cheat because as someone posted elsewhere, it's like rogering your missus with a dildo so she thinks you've got a big cock.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

That guy was so wasy to spot..it wasnt even funny. Most of the people who cheat usually arent that good at the game, so i'm not too worried about it creeping into the clan game side of things.

I got his cheater Id..its in the screenshot. :wink:
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

>>steven! wrote:hows about command and conquer 8)
never tried it. any good?
DG wrote:cheaters are less than 1% of players as far as i can tell, and at least half of them are total retards with it who are still totally crap. Half of what's left are obvious and hence can be dealt with, and that leaves what, a quarter of 1%?

oh noes!!11

hardly anyone wants to cheat because as someone posted elsewhere, it's like rogering your missus with a dildo so she thinks you've got a big cock.
lol, well aside from the numbers you pulled from the air, i agree. it's not the point, however. i bitch about scripts and cheats here constantly, as i'm sure you've noticed, but i assure you it's not because i'm having a particularly difficult time with the game. i do OK. the point is that i am one of those people who wants to be as absolutely certain as possible that my opponent(s) are my peers. since i'm not a computer program, this means i desire human opponents. it really doesn't bother me to lose, UNLESS i lose to someone using artificial enhancements.

face it, the aimbot in that demo was *fantastic*. if you came against him, it wouldn't matter that he moves like a total newbie and scrolls through his weapons. what matters is that if you come within range of his gun, it promptly squeezes off 3 neat, clean headshots and you lie down. he doesn't have to see you first - his bot gives him eyes in the back of his head. he doesn't have to line up his first shot like you do - his bot whips around and locks onto your doomed noggin in a fraction of the time it takes for you to even distinguish him from a teammate.
Pedro wrote:I got his cheater Id..its in the screenshot. :wink:
that's not the bit bani needs. you need to do

/cheaters 4

to get his detailed information
DG

Post by DG »

ouroboro wrote: lwell aside from the numbers you pulled from the air
which bit gave it away? ;)
I'd be surprised if anyone felt that there were more cheaters than 1 in every 100, at least in mainstream europe servers anyway. when I'm playing I probably come accross at least a hundred players a week and certainly dont suspect a cheater every week. or month.
face it, the aimbot in that demo was *fantastic*.
but, fantastic is exactly the right word - that demo concerns me a lot less than bots that could be mistaken for a very good aiming human. You dont want to kick/ban or accuse people that might actually just be skilled, whereas speccing that for 30 seconds gives absolute confidence that he's cheating, no room for debate. Hell, if they guy kept bypassing the ban and rejoining, an avi of that might even be worth making available when sending logs to his ISP abuse line.

fwiw there's even a thread in a cheater forum (hi) pointing to this and expressing amazement at the accuracy of the bot.

cheating was quite a problem in C&C games last I looked, mostly hacks for removing the fog of war (revealing the entire map, and hence exactly what you're doing).