problems with anticheat

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

bani wrote:
SCDS_reyalP wrote:It would nice if you at least kept sticky or something which listed all the known false postives, when they were fixed etc.
i thought thats what this thead was for :lol:

read the first post, its pretty much that already...
Hmmm, without specific violation numbers or something like that, it makes things rather problematic for admins to ban based on the output. I realize that detecting methods, rarther than specific signitures makes this difficult, but with known false positives, and no way to tell them from the real thing, I would be reluctant to take action.

Another slightly offtopic suggestion. Would it be possible to make the anticheat take a pb screenshot (or an etpro screenshot when that is implemented) when a suspect player was detected, before kicking them ? In at least some cases, that could change a maybe into a 100% positive...
send lawyers, guns and money
DG

Post by DG »

/me agrees with reyalP, espeically with regard to making it very clear wether the detection is a definite cheat worth banning with - and maybe more importantly, accusing a player as being a cheat, maybe kicking him from clan and/or other ramifications.

Not sure either way as to wether the PB screen would be generally useful though. Taking a PB ss would certainly help on the occasion that it shows up naughtyness. However, from going through my PB auto-screens (including sometimes those of whom PB has later kicked), the chances of an essentially random shot declaring anything is actually pretty small - I gather due to the relatively large amount of time players actually spend where there just isnt any other player or object that gets shown through walls actually being onscreen, or at least within the small portion of screen PB captures.

Granted there is still no real negative from this, but I'd be concerned many people would look at the screenshot, see nothing incriminating and then assume the detection was wrong. They shouldnt, but I'd bet many would, especially when the player just didnt have the wallhack toggle'd on in a circumstance that would have clearly shown evidence.
daemord

Post by daemord »

one of the biggest problems i have with this anticheat, is that it declares to the whole server you ARE cheating, remember someone new to the game may not even know what ET Pro is, they just joined ur server and are now being accused of cheating by the server due to a strange graphics driver, or some unknown annomily, tbh it doesnt put alot of faith in this anti cheat system, due to the fact there IS false positives, doesnt matter what they are or what causes them, the simple fact they exist puts doubt into it, and in turn its reliability, as a server admin you then have 2 choices, ban everyone who might be a cheat, or leave potential cheats running riot, neither option is good, and tbh ignorance was far more bliss.

On top of this, it isnt very polite imo to inform the whole server that someone "MAY" be cheating, and not the individual themselves, fair enough if they are, kick them, ban them and do whatever else you want, but not just because they might be doing that, or might have exited some program having no idea these forums exist to check that list at the top of this thread at all.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

IMHO, possible (unknown) cheats should only be reported to the admin/referee and written to the log (together with a request to send the logfiles to bani).
The Emperor watch over you.
mondauge

Post by mondauge »

ok.. I use gentoo Linux and I have the recent version of glibc installed. Now, I am always listed as a cheater which is especially annoying on public servers since you cannot really play there because you get kicked all the time.

So.. the current testfix release deals properly with this bug, but it is not installed on many servers. Since I wish to continue playing ET I would really like to know, when the next stable version will be released, so that it gets installed on publics server.

Furthermore, I fully agree with Ragnar_40k and daemord.

impatiently awaiting the next release,
mondauge
mondauge

Post by mondauge »

ok... today I have been kicked from 8 servers and received a ban on two of these... I'm really pissed about that. It is even hard to play a clanwar under these conditions. A fix needs to be published immediately on major et news sites!!!!!
nUllSkillZ

Post by nUllSkillZ »

Hi,

I've got a little problem.
My OS is Windows XP and I've got a nVidia Videocard.
ET is not running in compatibility mode. And I'm not using Fraps.

The problem:
After playing for one or two hours on a server I've been kicked with an info.
This info has been that I'm cheating (yellow letters).
I haven't got any problems before.
I'm not using any cheats.
It would be nice if you (Bani) can help me.
Many thanks in advance.

EDIT:
After writing this post I've restarted my PC.
And the message is gone.
Nothing changed. Only restarted.

EDIT1:
If you're interested:
Before the restart I've connected to the server that has been mentioned some posts above.
So there must be a log-file entry.
kingbolt

Post by kingbolt »

....almost similar problem that I got at ONE ET PRO 3.0.1 server only. The difference is that my text was RED :shock: and I'm using ATI (newest catalyst-driver). Well I was kicked and banned !...and I went back after 30 sec (!!! I WENT BACK AFTER BAN !!!) to ask if I could have the data from the cheat...no answer..just nagging :evil: . Next day I went back again....NO MESSAGES of cheating.
It was a week ago and still got no mail about my "cheat" :P
There must be some random "bug" in the engine that cause those cheater-messages...

P.S. Didn't use any additional progs like atitool or similar and deffinitely not any cheat but the server admin was so "professional" that he knew that I WAS USING ATLEAST WALLHACK AND AIMBOT...and he knew that by just reading the cheater-message...imho THE BIG LOL FOR HIM
fretn

Post by fretn »

kingbolt wrote:and he knew that by just reading the cheater-message...imho THE BIG LOL FOR HIM
what's his name .... einstein ?
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
F@TBOY

Post by F@TBOY »

Hi fellas, looks like we have similar issues.

I have a fellow connecting to our server running etpro. He is very new to gaming and has been helped along the way by a m8 who is a clan m8 of mine.

He is running WinXP Pro, ET, no Fraps. He is using the official drivers from nVidia, (in vanilla setup). He is virus free, and the only tweak he has in his config is a coloured name. His stats certainly do not suggest he is using a cheat, unless it's a "Miss_everything_bot".

He is being flagged as using a Red Cheat, not that PB detects anything.

I have recently put the new .dat on the server which I extracted from the testbugfix. This has made no difference.

Below is the output to the cheat log. (I have changed the player name to protect the "innocent" party)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

\mod_version\3.0.1\mod_url\http://etpro.anime.net/\g_maxlivesRespawnPenalty\
0\voteFlags\63751\g_balancedteams\1\g_maxGameClients\0\g_covertopsChargeTime
\30000\g_soldierChargeTime\20000\g_LTChargeTime\40000\g_engineerChargeTime\3
0000\g_medicChargeTime\45000\g_bluelimbotime\20000\g_redlimbotime\30000\game
name\etpro\g_heavyWeaponRestriction\100\g_gametype\4\g_antilag\1\g_voteFlags
\0\g_alliedmaxlives\0\g_axismaxlives\0\g_minGameClients\8\g_needpass\0\g_max
lives\0\g_friendlyFire\1\sv_allowAnonymous\0\sv_floodProtect\0\sv_maxPing\0\
sv_minPing\0\sv_maxRate\25000\sv_minguidage\0\sv_punkbuster\1\sv_maxclients\
20\sv_hostname\^3Mustard ^1For ^4Everyone
Public\sv_privateClients\2\mapname\fueldump\protocol\83\timelimit\30\version
\ET 2.56 linux-i386 Sep 10 2003
2306:48etpro IAC: 2 [^8PLAYERSNAME]
[571AAE02F28E85C4767FC155B2DF0B59F206AEE3] [^3CHEATER^7 win32]
2306:48etpro IAC:
zfUhLYZRmy2k7+G9nQJGZKEQA7WroxTerVKj2ydFhkq06Ft3sxUCq0bsi34gLVnoSdrNMrBvMZaY
usbr-tOyEDFQSP1aCflePj0-YkhobiIRhNlTOLq6xJl33Q9XNnuwyHqSUyzmxZyMu3J73ghhcsOA
TxmIQVtRvRyjRNcAG6eUZpBwKBPSQ3ejGfg2n+1WjP85Lp3IJSvphyk89W4lKHtYhHKu-B9tDAC1
QQc87Bus8oY

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hope this makes more sense to you fellas.

Fingers crossed. :wink:
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

he is using something which is hacking his opengl driver. that's why he is being flagged as a cheat.

try testbugfix4?
F@TBOY

Post by F@TBOY »

Cheers Bani.

I'll pass it on.

I have extracted the new.dat from the testbugfix.zip, but not all files. Should I do 'em all?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

F@TBOY wrote:Cheers Bani.

I'll pass it on.

I have extracted the new.dat from the testbugfix.zip, but not all files. Should I do 'em all?
you should atleast unzip the .so or .dll files and the new client side pack

but you dont realy need the example.cfg or all the map scrpt (but it is better if you do unzip it all)
F@TBOY

Post by F@TBOY »

Thanx again for the advice fellas.

I'll get right on it. :D
F@TBOY

Post by F@TBOY »

Just to let ya know that the OpenGL issue has been sorted.

The player in question passes on his thanx.

Issue was dealt with by re-installing OpenGL. (just incase anyone else has a similar prob)

Just to big up the anti cheat code, we laffed so hard last night when a player was Flagged RED as Cheating by the anticheat code, closely followed by PB auto kicking, him for a "Wallhack".

You have probably been asked 1000's of times, but is there any plans to release, a log file parser that will decypher the cheaters_log outputs, so that doughnuts like me can identify who, what, where and when.

Thanx 4 the help guy's. :wink: