skript kidz

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Sif=RoK=

Post by Sif=RoK= »

I had a chat to bani about this awhile ago, and i submitted a number of scripts that i'm aware have been floating around.

Rest assured that these issues have been resolved in the next version of ETPro. :D

As for the issue, i personaly dont see anything wrong with tweaking or scripting, my own config has been optimized a lot, but i do see something wrong with bypassing commands that were removed for a reason, such as centerview and recoil (ask any UT player about how effective it is if you want to get raged..)
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

skillzilla wrote:btw no center view script is possible in ET
it must of been something else
I am pretty sure it's possible ;)
Why not posting those scripts in public, that way the issue will be solved in no time...
SnowWhite

Post by SnowWhite »

To clarify what I meant in my previous post:

I'm against exploiting a bug in the game engine, essentially breaking its behaviour in a way that may or may not be reproducable on other systems.

I defend using scripts to perform automatic actions that are completely within the "legal domain" as seen by the engine (yes, the engine, not some human who freaks out and screams "cheater!" at the sight of anything unexpected or new).

While the bugs should be patched up on sight, the ability to script certain actions should be treated with more caution and respect, because this ability may have benevolent uses that we haven't yet anticipated.

All actions performed by scripts that are "legal" by the game engine's standards are completely reproducable by human players. In cases of skilled players, no script offers the same flexibility and precision as a human. It's just a matter of automating tedious tasks, such as looking up mortar angles from a table on your wall, or flicking your mouse vertically once to account for scoped weapon's recoil.

So what if some people want to use these enhancing scripts? As long as they are not breaking anything, the advantage they get is small, and they lose the flexibility that normal gameplay has. A long script, once it starts executing, ties you up completely. A short script has a small impact. It's a tradeoff right there, and as such it still takes a brain to learn when to rely on a script and when not. You can't download a brain quite as easily as you can download a script.

As for comparing scripts to aimbots... please. It doesn't follow your head or body, it just locks the aim at a level where the user anticipates most targets to be. "Aimlocker", at best. If you can easily spot them, what compells you to keep your head in level with the guy's gun?

Let Bani & Co work on something useful instead.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

sorry, we're closed. thank you, drive through...
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
kingbolt

Post by kingbolt »

SCDS_reyalP wrote: Some people argue that centerview is useless in ET, because so much of the maps are not level, but there are still plenty of flat places. As long as you can turn it on and off, that isn't much of an argument.
...hmmm....when you shoot someone in the game where is your crosshair ? It's ALWAYS at the center of your screen, isn't it ? Centerview deffinitely helps....
But there are other "moves" too that will help on some situations. Doing them by script saves many "finger presses".
All actions performed by scripts that are "legal" by the game engine's standards are completely reproducable by human players. In cases of skilled players, no script offers the same flexibility and precision as a human. It's just a matter of automating tedious tasks, such as looking up mortar angles from a table on your wall, or flicking your mouse vertically once to account for scoped weapon's recoil.
LÅL...positive case...
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

kingbolt wrote: ...hmmm....when you shoot someone in the game where is your crosshair ? It's ALWAYS at the center of your screen, isn't it ? Centerview deffinitely helps....
Huh :nag: :?
send lawyers, guns and money
DG

Post by DG »

LOL! Image
DG

Post by DG »

er anyway can the ppl who use lower cl_pitchspeed for mortar fine-control give the sort of ranges they're using?
140?
100?
70?
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

check pm
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

kingbolt wrote:...hmmm....when you shoot someone in the game where is your crosshair ? It's ALWAYS at the center of your screen, isn't it ?
No it's not, and I'm proud to present the ultimate centerview script!

Code: Select all

seta cg_crosshairx 0
seta cg_crosshairy 0

:roll:
DG

Post by DG »

i prefer

cg_crosshairx 20
cg_crosshairy 0
wait 125
cg_crosshairx 20
cg_crosshairy 20
wait 125
cg_crosshairx -20
cg_crosshairy 20
wait 125
cg_crosshairx -20
cg_crosshairy 0
wait 125
cg_crosshairx -20
cg_crosshairy -20
wait 125
cg_crosshairx 0
cg_crosshairy -20
wait 125
cg_crosshairx 0
cg_crosshairy 0
DG

Post by DG »

anyway here's a quick demo of a centerview one. It's just a basic "centerview" script so just manual, I couldnt be bothered getting it to automatically center after each shot, or after each burst (for headlevel-locking), but with a bit of work it can be done.

notice it's a little off sometimes with the scoped recoil, i guess it's something to do with the way the recoil works (SD changed it over rtcw to make it independent of fps), so have to time it right or it gets a little off.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

DG wrote:i prefer

cg_crosshairx 20
cg_crosshairy 0
wait 125
cg_crosshairx 20
cg_crosshairy 20
wait 125
cg_crosshairx -20
cg_crosshairy 20
wait 125
cg_crosshairx -20
cg_crosshairy 0
wait 125
cg_crosshairx -20
cg_crosshairy -20
wait 125
cg_crosshairx 0
cg_crosshairy -20
wait 125
cg_crosshairx 0
cg_crosshairy 0
:shock: i'd never even imagined that one, but i can pretty much guess what it does just by looking - sniper antirecoil, right? holy crap... why are those not limited as well then? is there any legit reason for having your crosshair NOT where your bullets are going, aside from a very funny "missbot" script for joking around? lol
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I have no problem with most scripts. They may be lame, but nothing offers such a huge advantage it can't be beaten. Locking at head height is just a reminder to crouch and move better - they still have to aim side to side. I know when I sweep left to right I manage to keep my crosshair at head height pretty consistently, the difference a script would make is I'd feel more restricted and somewhat put off, and if they start jumping and crouching I'd best hope body spamming is the order of the day.

I think there are some circumstances where things have been misapplied though. Cvars and commands have applications the game developers didn't necessarily anticipate, because it takes someone thinking outside the square to find an alternate application most of the time. The game developers also don't have years to sit around fiddling with values. I doubt things like r_clampToEdge dropping fog, or MSN sign-ins on ATI cards causing wallhacks were intentional. Even wallhacks aren't infallible, they still can't shoot you through the wall, so provided you're alert the odds are still close to even. I've looked at the MouseSpeedX/Y registry values for my mouse and considered locking my mouse at head height, considered writing a toggle to increase m_yaw so I can move freely again, but I'm not that ruthless, I'd rather just learn to aim.

I agree with SnowWhite, the world's longest, most wonderfully complex script means you're a sitting duck whilst activation occurs. Look at the crosshair movement thing, you're locked up for nearly a second. Scripts can only account for so much of a person's skill - when you see people who own with almost stock settings, you realise that the individual still makes a lot of this game, not the scripts he's downloaded.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
DG

Post by DG »

ouroboro it's a joke script, just moves the crosshair about the screen, no use to anyone.

there is a total of 7 wait in the centerview script, the only "pause" on the demo is 'cos i probably havent used the sniper rifle for more than a grand total of 2 minutes since i quit playing RTCW. IIRC the mortar scripts have some reasonable waits*, but the script should still be much quicker to aim with, and scripted 'wait' time isnt really important since the mortar takes ages to undeploy regardless.

* (~200 for the crappy ones Ive seen so far, havent caught up with mortarbot's author yet)