ET 2.60

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

MOS27ECHO

ET 2.60

Post by MOS27ECHO »

Some things Inoticed, though they may have existed before:

1. It appears that voting to restart the map, voting to shuffle XP and voting to start the match can not be disabled.

2. Also the max vote count does not seem to work with one person on the server, they can restart the map over and over again. This is not a good thing I.M.H.O.

3. I found that in Goldrush you can crawl in the back of the gold crates and are able to see and fire at anything coming through the door. If you head is in the area where the gold bars are on top they don't appear to be able to see you.
DG

Post by DG »

1. vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp 0 doesnt work? are you sure? :?
2. i brought this up with digibob during the fueldump test, its this way by design.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

The Max Vote count thing resets each map so it'd make sense they can restart repeatedly.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

ET 2.60 also now sets the referer for redirect downloads, so it is pretty simple to make anti-leach measures, if you control the web host.
send lawyers, guns and money
gotenks

Re: ET 2.60

Post by gotenks »

MOS27ECHO wrote:3. I found that in Goldrush you can crawl in the back of the gold crates and are able to see and fire at anything coming through the door. If you head is in the area where the gold bars are on top they don't appear to be able to see you.
yes that existed before
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
deej

Post by deej »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:ET 2.60 also now sets the referer for redirect downloads, so it is pretty simple to make anti-leach measures, if you control the web host.
could you elaborate a bit more on that?
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

servers can secure downloads so they only allow downloads if they're referred to from a certain location... if the web server doesn't know where they're referred from or it's from another location, it can't download
My Website
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

it's liek a supar sekrit password
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

kind of, but it's allmost impossible to get it as you don't put anything in. Your browser/game automatically does it
My Website
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

even if you make a "username / password" into the www-download string, it can be easily "sniffed" at the client (even the client won't show it while it downloads). So be aware, no method is 100% secure, but makes it more difficult to steal your bandwidth.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
MOS27ECHO

Post by MOS27ECHO »

DG wrote:1. vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp 0 doesnt work? are you sure? :?
2. i brought this up with digibob during the fueldump test, its this way by design.
1. You ask the question.

2. You answer it.

3. If it's that way "by design" then why have a config option to turn it off?
MOS27ECHO

Post by MOS27ECHO »

EagleReloaded wrote:The Max Vote count thing resets each map so it'd make sense they can restart repeatedly.
Common sense would dictate that I am not discussing per map, but I hear common sense isn't so common. :roll:
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Mark wrote:Hi,

even if you make a "username / password" into the www-download string, it can be easily "sniffed" at the client (even the client won't show it while it downloads). So be aware, no method is 100% secure, but makes it more difficult to steal your bandwidth.

Greets
Mark
The referer check should be fine to prevent people from from pointing their own servers at your download link, as anyone who wanted to spoof the referer would have to hax their et client, or exit and use an external program. Of course, it does require that you have some control of your web host, and the knowledge to make it refuse other referers.
send lawyers, guns and money
DG

Post by DG »

MOS27ECHO wrote:1. You ask the question.

2. You answer it.

3. If it's that way "by design" then why have a config option to turn it off?
the numbers in my post correspond to the numbers you gave your questions.
MOS27ECHO wrote:1. It appears that voting to restart the map, voting to shuffle XP and voting to start the match can not be disabled.

2. Also the max vote count does not seem to work with one person on the server, they can restart the map over and over again. This is not a good thing I.M.H.O.
DG wrote:1. vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp 0 doesnt work? are you sure? :?
Mark

Post by Mark »

SCDS_reyalP wrote: The referer check should be fine to prevent people from from pointing their own servers at your download link, as anyone who wanted to spoof the referer would have to hax their et client, or exit and use an external program. Of course, it does require that you have some control of your web host, and the knowledge to make it refuse other referers.
Why?

If the leecher sets his own ET server to the same settings, he doesn't need to hack the client. He just has to configure it like the original server. Or do i get something wrong here?

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!