etpro server filter not functioning

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SickBoy

etpro server filter not functioning

Post by SickBoy »

With 3.1.15, the filter to only show or exclude ETpro servers from the list doesn't work anymore, it just seems to show all servers anyway.

:edit: after restarting etpro a couple of times I can't reproduce the bug, though it did happen :D
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

lies! :shock:
ReyalP

Re: etpro server filter not functioning

Post by ReyalP »

SickBoy wrote:With 3.1.15, the filter to only show or exclude ETpro servers from the list doesn't work anymore, it just seems to show all servers anyway.

:edit: after restarting etpro a couple of times I can't reproduce the bug, though it did happen :D
As a wild guess, I'd say this was a result of mixed etrpo versions and .pk3s. Before you connect, which ui.dll you get is a bit lotto, and some of the older .pk3s come before the latest ones in .pk3 search order.
send lawyers, guns and money
Decade

Post by Decade »

This happened to me too, I downloaded etpro 3.1.13, started et 2.60 + etpro, checked that filtering only etpro servers was enabled, and connected to one.
And then the horror! it was a shrub server. :x
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

Aha ! Proof ! :twisted:
Tron

Post by Tron »

Hmm that's weird though because I recognize some servers on this screenshot which actually do run ETPro. :?
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

Yeah that's because the filter isn't working and it shows both etpro and non-etpro servers
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

OK I figured out how it happens

I have currently only etpro-3_1_15.pk3 installed

If I join a 3.1.13 or 14 server with autodownload off, and therefore can't connect, then the bug kicks in. And stays even after reboot. Untill I join a 3.1.15 server, afterwards it's OK again.
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

It's still there with 3.2.0

So basicly one has to choose between installing all pk3's (with the server-host-crash-thing) or this :?