Updated map scripts for fueldump, supplydepot, railgun +more

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

mortis

Post by mortis »

Supply

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... ply.script

Fixes spawn bug, gold bug, grenade/mortar over roof into stairwell exploit, disables troublesome music speakers and offers new satchel/crane control exploit fix. Fixes wm_endround waitstate.

Supply - alternate script

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mortis/supply.zip

Fixes spawn bug, gold bug, grenade/mortar over roof into stairwell exploit, disables troublesome music speakers and removes new satchel/crane control exploit fix. Fixes wm_endround waitstate.Players will no longer bounce into invisible walls, but the satchel exploit is possible with this script! This version was requested by GA for competition and the desire to play with no playerclips in the passages.
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

mortis wrote:Fueldump "Pro" Script III

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... ump_v5.zip

In addition to all etpro features and setting of the allied autospawn to the cp at spline 73, this script disables stage 2 of the east depot defenses. Thanks to 2/3Soul for the modified constructible code. Noobs can no longer build the east defenses, stage 2 with this script. Only stage 1 can be built. On the west side, both stages of depot defenses work normally. No more games spoiled by hyperactive noobs. Player clips block all trickjumps into fueldump. 2 axis spawns are enabled in the Axis truck garage. Axis can spawn at Axis CP when CP is built. Allies can spawn at Health and Ammo hut after advancing the tank to the MG nest. Allied spawn at Ammo Hut is disabled after tank blows the main tunnel door. Axis spawn is disabled by blowing up the Axis CP. Bridge stages reduced to one engy bar each for faster build. Allied footpath is reduced to .75 bar for fast build time. This script is experimental!
yep, it works :). Many thanks, this script is the best :)
wolFTeam.pl
mortis

Post by mortis »

No bugs, so far? I only tried the script once on a localhost to verify its features were operating correctly.
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

mortis wrote:No bugs, so far? I only tried the script once on a localhost to verify its features were operating correctly.
nope, works g8, i was testing and playing :), but i found a bug in adlernest. The sound + msg was repeating all time, i have only a part of the log from server:

Code: Select all

02:47.00 etpro popup: allies stole "the documents"

02:47.41 etpro announce: "Main blast door opening!"

02:49.55 Item: 6 team_CTF_redflag
02:49.55 etpro popup: allies stole ""
02:50.00 etpro popup: axis returned "the documents"
02:50.05 etpro popup: axis returned "the documents"
02:50.05 etpro popup: axis returned ""
02:50.07 etpro announce: "Main blast door closing!"

02:50.24 etpro announce: "Allied team has transmitted the documents!"
02:50.24 Exit: Wolf EndRound.
Last edited by Luk4ward on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolFTeam.pl
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Hmmm, weird bug.

Did it actually announce lots of times on players huds, or was it just in console?
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

Dersaidin wrote:Hmmm, weird bug.

Did it actually announce lots of times on players huds, or was it just in console?
it was in the position of etpro popup :P, i dnt remember correctly but it was propably the cpm / cpmsay location and of coz in console too + looped sound over and over until they capture the obj and finish the map
wolFTeam.pl
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

mortis wrote:No bugs, so far? I only tried the script once on a localhost to verify its features were operating correctly.
ok, i found one:

when tank breached the Tunnel Doors axis spawn @ cp is still available,

regards
wolFTeam.pl
mortis

Post by mortis »

I knew about that...it gives the allies incentive to blow the CP and keep it blown.

I can disabled it automatically, but if the CP is later destroyed and rebuilt, it would be come active again...it's your choice.
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

mortis wrote:I knew about that...it gives the allies incentive to blow the CP and keep it blown.

I can disabled it automatically, but if the CP is later destroyed and rebuilt, it would be come active again...it's your choice.
I see. Tought that if u can spawn allies @ ammo/med cabinets when tank is passing it u will be able to do same with the spawn axis @ cp.
wolFTeam.pl
mortis

Post by mortis »

Yes, I could do it that way, but the spawn would be active regardless of whether the CP is built or blown. Generally the CP spawns only work when the CP is built.
mortis

Post by mortis »

If the CP were rebuilt later, it would be impossible to turn it off. Well, okay not impossible, but I'd have to put in a variable check, and I'm not sure if it would work properly.
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

I see, i also notice some unpleasent thing;p: when allied set the spawn @ ammo/med and then when the new spawn become [cp or the HQ (or only HQ)] or has been destroyed [cp] the script is pushing allied @ the first respawn, i'll have to record demo if u dnt understand my english ;p

Btw the knowledge from map scripting should be updated and sorted here ;p ( http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/Map_scripting ), so the more ppl can work on them :)

regards
Last edited by Luk4ward on Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolFTeam.pl
mortis

Post by mortis »

yes, I can explain to you why that happens. When you manually set the spawnpoint, it attempts to spawn you there, even if a later event (building the CP for example) sets a different autospawn. By manually setting it, you tell Wolfy to ignore the autospawns. When the ammo spawn becomes disabled, the game then tries to spawn you at the spawn point that is physically nearest the spawn you selected manually, in this case further back than you were hoping. If you manually set the spawn to the CP in the limbo menu, you will thereafter spawn forward normally. Or you should be able to, at the very least.

In other words, you spawn at an active spawnpoint that is closest to the one you selected in the limbo menu.
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

mortis wrote:yes, I can explain to you why that happens. When you manually set the spawnpoint, it attempts to spawn you there, even if a later event (building the CP for example) sets a different autospawn. By manually setting it, you tell Wolfy to ignore the autospawns. When the ammo spawn becomes disabled, the game then tries to spawn you at the spawn point that is physically nearest the spawn you selected manually, in this case further back than you were hoping. If you manually set the spawn to the CP in the limbo menu, you will thereafter spawn forward normally. Or you should be able to, at the very least.

In other words, you spawn at an active spawnpoint that is closest to the one you selected in the limbo menu.
aa, i see, thx for explanation and great work :)
wolFTeam.pl
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

Luk4ward wrote: i have only a part of the log from server [aldernest]:

Code: Select all

02:47.00 etpro popup: allies stole "the documents"

02:47.41 etpro announce: "Main blast door opening!"

02:49.55 Item: 6 team_CTF_redflag
02:49.55 etpro popup: allies stole ""
02:50.00 etpro popup: axis returned "the documents"