Updated map scripts for fueldump, supplydepot, railgun +more

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

mortis

Post by mortis »

Added to my main list. I keep meaning to make that alternate et_beach script, but I've been too busy. Maybe this weekend I'll put it together...
Father

Post by Father »

mortis wrote:I keep meaning to make that alternate et_beach script, but I've been too busy. Maybe this weekend I'll put it together...
..great news..

I want to learn etpro scripting myself.. but i'm too busy too becouse i have just started study on university.. :(
If you don't do it, someone else will.
mortis

Post by mortis »

Hmmm, I noticed an error in my scripting that only allowed one person to use the south spawn point. I fixed that, and moved the spawns into the rtcw position as requested by Father. This needs testing. If people prefer the south beach but not over the hill spawn points, I have a fixed copy of that script as well.

ET_beach

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... ach.script

Fixes south beach spawns (located at TWO - rtcw style), double/triple messages, adds supply bunker spawn for allies when CP is built, many other minor fixes.

ET_beach - bugfix only

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... _beach.zip

Fixes south beach spawns (located at TWO - rtcw style), double/triple messages, many other minor fixes.
Father

Post by Father »

Great work.. :thumbs:

I´m going to put this scrip on 10 Czech servers.. so it will be tested enought, i think. :)
If you don't do it, someone else will.
mortis

Post by mortis »

StarGate_1945

Not really a bugfix but a minor gameplay change.

new version (etpromapscript)

I fixed grammar of the wm_announcements and the upped the charge bar requirement to build the gate to 1.5. This creates more incentive for Axis to come forth and defuse dynamite, rather than simply sit back and rebuilt the gate instantly when it blows.
mortis

Post by mortis »

new railgun versions:

Railgun Fun II

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... n_fun2.zip

Same fixes as railgun, but makes CP spawnable for Axis or Allies when built. Beta script!

Railgun Fun IIb (includes 6 tower spawns)

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... tower2.zip

Same fixes as railgun plus Ragnar's tower spawns, but makes CP spawnable for Axis or Allies when built. Beta script!
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

Despite all of my google skills, I could find no mention of why some of the sounds dont work in Caen2 nor could I find a fix for it. Altered the names of the referenced sound scripts in the mapscript by Mortis/Ragnar, seems to work.

www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/caen2_soundfix.zip
mortis

Post by mortis »

Maybe there were some errors, you can check/condump the console while running a ded server and note the error messages when the sound is called.
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

Saw the errors in console, they were "couldnt find sound scripts" warnings. When I looked in the pk3, I saw that it was because they were all named incorrectly. I tried downloading the map from 4 different sources but they were all the same.
GhosT:McSteve
Ghostworks Gaming Community
mortis

Post by mortis »

ah, post your code and i'll merge the scripts...
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

???

Sorry Mortis, I dont understand your query. With the caen2.pk3 files I tested the reason the sounds were not working was because the mapscript was specifying sounds with the wrong names. I took your mapscript and did a 'cut and replace' of instances of 'caen2' and replaced with 'caen'.

e.g.

wm_teamvoiceannounce 0 "caen2_axis_tank_steal"
becomes,
wm_teamvoiceannounce 0 "caen_axis_tank_steal"

These names match with the ones in the 'caen2.sounds' file. The mapscript can be downloaded from my post above, which is actually yours and Ragnar's with the replacements. Like I said I dont know if it was just a bad bunch of caen2.pk3s I was trying. Maybe there is a caen2.pk3 there without the error.
antman

Post by antman »

McSteve wrote:These names match with the ones in the 'caen2.sounds' file. The mapscript can be downloaded from my post above, which is actually yours and Ragnar's with the replacements. Like I said I dont know if it was just a bad bunch of caen2.pk3s I was trying. Maybe there is a caen2.pk3 there without the error.
I had the same problem with caen2, but instead of starting to play with the mapscript I just created a small pk3 with a new 'caen2.sounds' script: caen2_soundfix.pk3
Prometheus swept down from the heavens bringing the gift of fire.
Wrong move.

antman's etpro stuff
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

antman wrote:
McSteve wrote:These names match with the ones in the 'caen2.sounds' file. The mapscript can be downloaded from my post above, which is actually yours and Ragnar's with the replacements. Like I said I dont know if it was just a bad bunch of caen2.pk3s I was trying. Maybe there is a caen2.pk3 there without the error.
I had the same problem with caen2, but instead of starting to play with the mapscript I just created a small pk3 with a new 'caen2.sounds' script: caen2_soundfix.pk3
Ah, I suspected someone would have done this with a pk3 but my google searching didnt find yours. Obviously both work, however I prefer the mapscript because the client doesn't need a download. Good work though!
mortis

Post by mortis »

New supplydepot versions:

Yet another speaker fix, 100% working now. New satchel control exploit brushes. The old brushes could occasionally snag a player on the controls side of the wall, making it difficult to activate the controls. The new brushes are in the room at the top of the stairs making a small portion of that room unusable (the portion closest to the crane controls, naturally).

Supplydepot

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... 7.2006.zip

Fixes spawn bug, gold bug, grenade/mortar over roof into stairwell exploit, disables troublesome music speakers and offers new satchel/crane control exploit fix.

Supplydepot2

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... 7.2006.zip

Fixes spawn bug, gold bug, grenade/mortar over roof into stairwell exploit, disables troublesome music speakers and offers new satchel/crane control exploit fix.

Supply

http://images.quakewarsterritory.com/mo ... ply.script

mortis

Post by mortis »

Battery

battery mapscript

Ouroboro brought a clipping error/exploit to my attention. It can be fixed by this script for a minimal amount of loss of shooting angle on the corner.

If you look at the brushes, you can see exactly how much volume is blocked. The brushes have to be rectangular prisms, unfortunately, so corners are hard to deal with. I tried to minimize the loss.