railgun exploit

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Ramon

Post by Ramon »

gotenks wrote:
Ramon wrote:
Playdead most certainly doesn't work in etpro

I run an etpub server with ETPro mapscripts.
um... then why post here about them????

... because I run an etpub server with ETPRO mapscripts and thought you might be interested in my find; plus, the coder of the fix, mortis, is an active poster here. Found all the scripts I use here at banis' forum, also the tank-fix. Thought it might be reasonable to post problems I encounter with them here and not in the etpub forums. So far about my justification for my committed blasphemy of mentioning a different mod than etpro in these holy forums. :P 'playdead' is just an assumtion, as said above, I didn't see him going in , just saw that player when he was already in. Could be something else also. However, the tank-fix was active for sure and he found a way in. I'll try to find out more about this and monitor the player, when he gets online.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Ramon wrote:... because I run an etpub server with ETPRO mapscripts
no you don't... you run an etpub server with CUSTOM mapscripts... the playdead probably bypasses the script fix (as it does/used to bypass the door texture in goldrush), it's a problem that etpub will probably have to fix
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

gotenks wrote:
Ramon wrote:... because I run an etpub server with ETPRO mapscripts
no you don't... you run an etpub server with CUSTOM mapscripts...

Aww come on, what I meant to say is, it's a script based on banis improved scripting system and a script that came with ETPro originally, that's why I wrote ETPro mapscripts. If that information is incorrect, well, then sorry about that, I just wanted to give help and receive some, that's all. I'm just a mod-user, not -coder; I don't deem any ET-Mod to be better than the other or something, if that's the way I was understood. :(
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i'm not trying to be offensive, but the map scripts are not created by bani... so you're referring to a particular person's scripts, which were written for etpro... etpro doesn't have things like playdead, which has bugs in it
My Website
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

gotenks wrote:but the map scripts are not created by bani...
The initial ETPro map scripts are created by Bani and Rain using the original scripts.
The Emperor watch over you.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yeah... and that's not what he's using, since he's using one that "fixed" the water tower bug... if he was using bani/rains, then he wouldn't have the water tower fix in the first place
My Website
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Well, as said before, I do not intend to set up a 'fight' or discussion what mod's to blame for what I saw, certainly not. Maybe the source of the error is sitting right here in front of my display, who knows. So here's what I did in short: I just copied mortis' tower-fix to ragnars' railgun.script that features the new axis spawn positions, as you can see below. The script contains the line '// bani - Mon Mar 1 00:38:32 PST 2004 - falling deaths fixed' so I guess there must be some content by bani incuded.
Reason is, I wanted both features of mortis' and ragnars' script combined and as far as I could tell, it worked fine; at least I was unable to enter the tank (which I was able to do before). Again, etpubs' 'playdead' as a way in is just an assumption by me, I can't tell for sure for I didn't spectate the guy going in, just while he was in. I don't even know myself how to get in by playing dead; he could also have used some other way, that's also possible in ETPro. Just throught, you guys might want to know, that's why I wrote here.
deej

Post by deej »

gotenks wrote:yeah... and that's not what he's using, since he's using one that "fixed" the water tower bug... if he was using bani/rains, then he wouldn't have the water tower fix in the first place
talk about nitpicking :roll:
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

argh, i was pointing something out, and asking a question about the playdead through doors bug... was that one ever fixed?
My Website
deej

Post by deej »

gotenks wrote:argh, i was pointing something out, and asking a question about the playdead through doors bug... was that one ever fixed?
IIRC latest etpub client solved that yes. Killerwhale is merging Whaleclient into Etpub client AFAIK and he fixed it.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Foonr

Post by Foonr »

nitpicking indeed :roll:.
squadjot wrote:and..Fusen ure just a c**ksucker... sorry to say
mortis

Post by mortis »

The railgun exploit existed in etpro due to some kind of clipping bug on the water tower itself. I don't know if etpro corrected this on a coding level, but I just put a large player clip to thoroughly block access inside the water tower, from the sides as well as from above. I think it is some other exploit that is being used to outside of etpro to get inside the tank, but I need a demo in order to understand how they are getting it. I suppose I could spawn a trigger_hurt inside the tank or something like that just as an added incentive to keep out of it.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

mortis wrote:I could spawn a trigger_hurt inside the tank or something like that just as an added incentive to keep out of it.
that's a good idea :D
My Website
mortis

Post by mortis »

Is it worthwhile for me to add this code? Has anyone found a demo of how it's being done with the current mapscript? Is this really an etpub issue more than an etpro issue?

Under etpro, I can't do any better than stick my head into the tank. The fakebrush is VERY tall and extends well into the 'air' above the model as well as into the bsp below. Testing on lowgrav, you can easily bump into the brush above the tank. Making the brush any larger in the x and y dimensions caused issues when player models neared the edges of the brush, causing player models to 'hang' or 'stick'. It wouldn't be too hard to add a trigger_hurt inside the tank, but it might have the same size constraint issue, I'm not sure.

--Mortis
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

mortis wrote:Is it worthwhile for me to add this code?
If you don't mind and find the time to play with it.
Imho, a trigger_hurt would be by far the most 'stylish' way to tackle this one...