Cheat enabled, lua scripting or how was this done?

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

wipeout

Cheat enabled, lua scripting or how was this done?

Post by wipeout »

On xfire someone posted a journal about a weird occurrence. In the demo posted someone is emptying a whole clip on short range with several headshots and lots of body shots but beeing unable to kill the enemy. After the next spawn you see an enemy medic shooting a panzer.

He said this game was played on cb's (certified) 3on3 config. So actually it shouldn't be possible to enable cheats or load any lua modules due to these lines:
setl sv_cheats 0
setl lua_modules ""
setl lua_allowedmodules ""
So what did they do? How is this possible?
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

Headshots do 50+ damage. But distance fall off can reduce this to 20% (at a distance of 2500+ units ). So one headshot does a minimum damage of 10HP per hit.
The Emperor watch over you.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

hmm i dunno how config file react to forcecvar sv_cheats 1 :roll:

still it is posable to h4x aronud dll's on the server sin some kind of a way like QMM does
Last edited by =FF=im2good4u on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
wipeout

Post by wipeout »

Ragnar_40k wrote:Headshots do 50+ damage. But distance fall off can reduce this to 20% (at a distance of 2500+ units ). So one headshot does a minimum damage of 10HP per hit.
You watched the demo?
=FF=im2good4u wrote:hmm i dunno how config file reaced to forcecvar sv_cheats 1 :roll:
If you meant to say react, then I can tell you that it forces sv_cheats back to 0 (at least it did this for me in a quick test).

edit: I just noticed that the server where the file is hosted is down. Uploaded it to rapidshare: http://rapidshare.de/files/16961894/gul ... dm_84.html
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Looks date related to me :lol:
send lawyers, guns and money
wipeout

Post by wipeout »

reyalP wrote:Looks date related to me :lol:
I don't think so :P (or at least I don't hope so). He told me that he wanted to contact these guys.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Well, the demo looks exactly like sv_cheats 1

Given that it was posted on April 1, and without anything other than your word that it is running a correct, certified config, pardon me for thinking it is someone playing a joke. Like this:
http://www.challenge-tv.com/index.php?m ... demo=24955

(note: demo is actually in a .rar If it downloads as .zip rename it.)
wipeout

Post by wipeout »

Yea, I agree. Maybe they altered the config and these players didn't notice.
I will ask him if there is any other demo.
(don't you think that if the config is a league config (the configname contains the league name), but it is uncertified, etpro should output a warning?)

btw, xfire.be is back up. you can read his journal now.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

wipeout wrote:Yea, I agree. Maybe they altered the config and these players didn't notice.
I will ask him if there is any other demo.
(don't you think that if the config is a league config (the configname contains the league name), but it is uncertified, etpro should output a warning?)
Etpro would have to have a hard-coded list of leagues for this to work. It doesn't. It is up to the players to make sure the 'config is certified' message is there.

BTW, you can see the demo was recorded with an uncertified config. Certification status is shown in the scores screen.
wipeout

Post by wipeout »

reyalP wrote:BTW, you can see the demo was recorded with an uncertified config. Certification status is shown in the scores screen.
Forgot about that. Guess you just solved that 'problem'. :)
brugal

Post by brugal »

config string 1:

\r_wolffog\0\pmove_msec\8\
\sv_pure\1\sv_serverid\1013462764\timescale\1\fs_game\etpro\sv_cheats\1

sv_cheats\1
the_cre8or

Post by the_cre8or »

yup defiantly cheats, I wen tinto the demo and did /cvarlist then condump to view it later:

R sv_cheats "1"
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

the_cre8or wrote:yup defiantly cheats, I wen tinto the demo and did /cvarlist then condump to view it later:

R sv_cheats "1"
That doesn't tell you. sv_cheats is always 1 in demo playback.
the_cre8or

Post by the_cre8or »

really?

Never knew that :oops:
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

/cvarlist shows your cvars anyway, not the ones from the server the demo was recorded on. (Verified by doing /sv_hostname while watching the demo, and it was the name from my config.)