Spawn Weapon Switch

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

EagleReloaded

Spawn Weapon Switch

Post by EagleReloaded »

Pretty incidental on the bug scale, but if you're spectating someone whilst waiting to spawn and they're using a WeaponBank other than 3 the moment you spawn, you'll spawn with that particular WeaponBank selected, providing you have it of course.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ReyalP

Re: Spawn Weapon Switch

Post by ReyalP »

EagleReloaded wrote:Pretty incidental on the bug scale, but if you're spectating someone whilst waiting to spawn and they're using a WeaponBank other than 3 the moment you spawn, you'll spawn with that particular WeaponBank selected, providing you have it of course.
I'm not able to reproduce this.

I have noticed spawning with the wrong weapon on occasion, but that doesn't seem to be the cause, or at least some other element is required. My impression was that sometimes you spawn with the last weaponbank you had selected, but I'm not sure about that either.
send lawyers, guns and money
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Perhaps it's not as consistent as I thought but whenever I've spawned with a weapon other than the normal one it's been after I was spectating someone with something else selected - perhaps it's something more complex like they have another bank selected and change bank just as you spawn, I'm not sure.
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

It happens to me if I have been using pistol, when i respawn with mp40/thompson then it changes to pistol, just like riflenades sometimes that happens with them to, surprised it was never fixed actually pretty obvious 'bug'.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

If you can give reliable steps to reproduce it, then it would might be an obvious bug. Just dying with a pistol out doesn't do it.

A demo might help. Or it might not. I know it has happened to me (worst is spawning with a grenade out and drawgun off), but I've never pinned down what causes it.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I have a demo showing it on Gold Rush from a match last week, I'll post it tonight when I get back from work.
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

i have a demo from a 3on3 the other day where it happened to the 3 of us, we changed to pistol, our last man /kill with pistol to respawn when it happended
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Telling us you have the demo doesn't help if you don't post it :x

Just FWIW, ping may be a factor in whether this happens or not.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Only vaguely related, but I find it annoying when you hold your weaponbank 2 bind during the last few seconds of warmup, so you will whip out the pistol instantly upon "fight," it makes the swapping sound like 5 times. :curse: