Is this a Wallhack or??

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Patriot1

Is this a Wallhack or??

Post by Patriot1 »

I really hope u guys can help me

We have a guy in our clan, that we suspects of using a wallhack of some kind

the screenie here is taken by him an send to me

He claims that it is his Graphiccard thats broken, apparently its a MX440

He admits that he can see ppl through walls

could this really be true??

But even if it is true, isnt it somehow not ok??

We have put him into limbo until we have an satisfying explanation

ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

I've never seen a WH that obliterated the entire side of a building like that, not even a crappy WH, but the effect on his Thompson looks exactly like a typical "low budget" wallhack.

That doesn't mean his card isn't the cause, however. There are many verified, innocent cases like this, even with recent games like CS:S.

The question is, even if his card is causing it, do you want him playing on your team while he can see through walls? I'd enable PBSS on your server, then try to help him to resolve his issues and keep checking on him. Please tell me PB is enabled on your server? Although if it's not getting picked up by ETPro I guess it wouldn't by PB.

BTW, can an MX440 hold 76 fps? I've never owned one...

*** PATRIOT: PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM, REGARDING ANOTHER MATTER ***
Patriot1

Post by Patriot1 »

Thx for PM

an yes we have PB enabled on all our servers

I duuno the mx440 so i dont know if the fps looks plausibel
mortis

Post by mortis »

On my radeon 8500, with certain drivers, I would occasionally get textures that would 'flicker' if viewed obliquely, allowing me at times to see through ceratin textures, but only certain textures, at certain FPS. I never ever had the whole building go transparent though. If you are able to see it that way when specc'ing him, the map is being rendered on your machine, not his. It is obviously a case where something about his settings (hax or otherwise) is not right. Get a few PB screenshots, especially if he persistently track players before they emerge.

It sure looks like textures are selectively transparent, i.e. only the ones that need to be removed to see all the people are transparent.
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

this looks like that 2-bit z-buffer mom and dad were always talking about.
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Looking at the edges in that image I'd believe it was AN Nvidia card.

I think ouroboro might be right in questioning if it can hold 76 though - especialy when the textures and stuff appear to be on reasonably high quality.
nedd3h

Post by nedd3h »

i'd submit the screenie here
http://www.punksbusted.com
in the ET forum
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

It's cheating regardless of if it's intentional or not, and if your clan plays competetively you should absolutely not let him play until he resolves the issue (unless you're all prepared to get kicked out of leagues because of him).

Ask him to try a different version of the GFX driver to see if that's the cause.

Regarding the FPS: I had a MX440 for a short time, and I'm pretty sure it can't hold 76 FPS even with a decent CPU (I had a hard time holding 43 FPS @ 800*600). It may be possible in that particular spot and with some of the textures not being drawn though. :)
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

Actually ALL of the textures are being drawn. It's the z-buffer thats fucking it up. There's no intentional or selective removal of textures.

Now whether that's being done intentionally I can't say, but it is definitely possible that it is a hardware fault.
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

I'd say put it on ebay for $$$. Label it 'hardware q3 engine hacking device' for marketing sake.
Get a spankin' new card with the $$$ and have fun entering competitions with the whole clan again..
mortis

Post by mortis »

I've seen some drivers where you can mess with the z-buffer, perhaps this user found a way to override the wolfy settings causing an 'incompatibility'? not sure, just seems awfully convenient that those walls are removed.
Patriot1

Post by Patriot1 »

Thx for replies

i think il try that punkbusted link there m8 thx

anyway he is no longer in clan.
Nail

Post by Nail »

RoadKillPuppy wrote:I'd say put it on ebay for $$$. Label it 'hardware q3 engine hacking device' for marketing sake.
Get a spankin' new card with the $$$ and have fun entering competitions with the whole clan again..

:lol: an excellent idea
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome