[Unknown] ETpro guid

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Zenza

[Unknown] ETpro guid

Post by Zenza »

It appears I don't have an ETpro guid anymore... I know this guids are created by hardware, but I don't seem to have an conflict. Is anyone formiliar with this problem? I am especially interrested in an solution since some idiots ban me for this :(

Thanks in advance,
Zenza
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

bani wrote: etpro guids are unreliable and should not be used
You should direct the idiots here if they don't believe you.

Some say that the guids are based on the HDD serial, so changing your primary disk may give you a new guid.
Zenza

Post by Zenza »

I tried the HDD switching thing, it's not working :(. Also most admins don't like discussions, there 'level 3 status' gives them a god feeling. Think I have to cheat and spoof a guid then :( bah I dont like that idea at all, but no choice!
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Zenza wrote:I tried the HDD switching thing, it's not working :(. Also most admins don't like discussions, there 'level 3 status' gives them a god feeling. Think I have to cheat and spoof a guid then :( bah I dont like that idea at all, but no choice!
Sure you do. Play on a server that isn't run by idiots.
send lawyers, guns and money
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i thoghu it was based on the ... oww im probelynot allowed to say it
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Why keep a secret if it has no value?
ouroboro wrote:On an EIDE setup, the ETPro GUID appears to be based on the first enabled HDD on the ribbon (i.e. the slave drive, if present and enabled in Windows, will determine the GUID).
I also remember my GUID changing on the same HW during the course of reinstalling WinXP, but I can't remember at what point (it was either after installing SP2, or drivers).

On Linux, it's based on your MAC address and is thus changeable at whim.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.