ET on Mac

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

deej

Post by deej »

/bind MOUSE1 kill for guarantueed 1337 fragging!
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
geneticlone

Post by geneticlone »

has anyone been able to get into activision lol, i think they've blocked my email as spam :). Please people contact activision and tell them u want a port :).
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

give up its useless :o
geneticlone

Post by geneticlone »

will Enemy Territory run on yellow dog 4.0?
Nail

Post by Nail »

possibly, according to this

"The two most annoying things, however, were no hardware 3D acceleration, and no wireless. The Broadcom chipset in Apple's Airport Extreme is undocumented, so Linux drivers can't be easily written. Because of this, I'm considering buying an inexpensive PCMCIA Orinoco Silver card. As for hardware 3D acceleration, it is possible to get hardware OpenGL rendering working if you have an ATI GPU, but as far as I can tell so far, it requires a kernel recompile, which I just haven't had time to do. Like the Broadcom chipset, Nvidia doesn't have open-source drivers."

but then it would be running under linux, not really mac, but good luck, post if it works
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
geneticlone

Post by geneticlone »

lol well i installed yellow dog and it didnt work cus it doesnt pick up the graphics card. Im hopeing to get it work on mandrake 10.1 PPC, wich i read an article on and they say that it pics up that card. And i also found et for that version of OS. so lets try that tomorrow lol.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Nail wrote: but then it would be running under linux, not really mac, but good luck, post if it works
Arg. No it won't work. As explained previously in this thread, itt can't possibly work because the mac has a PowerPC CPU, and all existing ET binaries (windows and linux) are for x86 CPUs. Two completely different processors. There is NO FUCKING WAY you can run software for one on the other, without ungodly slow software emulation.

The *only* way to get ET to run, in any useful sense of the word, on mac hardware, is to have the engine source and port it.
send lawyers, guns and money
geneticlone

Post by geneticlone »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:
Nail wrote: but then it would be running under linux, not really mac, but good luck, post if it works
Arg. No it won't work. As explained previously in this thread, itt can't possibly work because the mac has a PowerPC CPU, and all existing ET binaries (windows and linux) are for x86 CPUs. Two completely different processors. There is NO FUCKING WAY you can run software for one on the other, without ungodly slow software emulation.

The *only* way to get ET to run, in any useful sense of the word, on mac hardware, is to have the engine source and port it.
:lol: i laught at u If im correct then this is what you say does not exist http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/ ... 6.rpm.html

look at enemy-territory-1.02-3plf.ppc.rpm .

Your right but when u install LINUX on ur mac, not emulated you can run this game.

Only problem for me is that madrake install does not boot on my ibook.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

:roll:
send lawyers, guns and money
Grim|EFG

Post by Grim|EFG »

geneticlone wrote: look at enemy-territory-1.02-3plf.ppc.rpm .
You have choosen search rpm in world FTP resources.
Not enought search parameters. I'm using defaults.
FILE WASN'T FOUND ON FTP SERVERS. TRYING TO SEARCH THIS FILE IN RPM FILES CONTENT.

Your search enemy-territory-1.02-3plf.ppc.rpm did not match any entry in database.
If you didn't do it, try add to searched space more distributions and repositories.
Doesn't that give you a small clue? :roll:
geneticlone

Post by geneticlone »

ok well anyway im going to try Debian cus lots of people say it really works great and ill contact u guyes if it does. :P
Nail

Post by Nail »

Grim|EFG wrote:
geneticlone wrote: look at enemy-territory-1.02-3plf.ppc.rpm .
You have choosen search rpm in world FTP resources.
FILE WASN'T FOUND ON FTP SERVERS. TRYING TO SEARCH THIS FILE IN RPM FILES CONTENT.

Your search enemy-territory-1.02-3plf.ppc.rpm did not match any entry in database.
If you didn't do it, try add to searched space more distributions and repositories.
Doesn't that give you a small clue? :roll:

download worked for me
click
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

That's not the same file...
Nail

Post by Nail »

:oops: sorry, total linux idiot here
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

endless entertainment

With aspyr working on D3, there's no mac port in sight. Give it up (for now).