ET Pro 3.0.10 testbugfix released

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

DG

Post by DG »

IMHO it would be better not to have b_fixedphysicsfps and just leave it as if it was 125. Currently it leaves too much open for server variation for something as basic as the physics, you dont have a standard to get used to and never know what you're getting on a server until you join and play about for a bit, like some Shrub "feature". If it was client side it wouldnt be so bad because player makes the decision, player knows whats up.

I'd actually hope that in later versions b_fixedphysics would be forced to 1 (assuming a reasonable period of open testing shows everything is fine with it).

Will shuffle_norestart now shuffle teams in between campaigns without the weird "server restarting" nuance that tends to confuse players?
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

i tested it.

i went axis, clanmate went allieds on radar. he took west parts, i did a shuffle with no amprestart. he stayed in allieds and i in axis but the objective was completely gone and also did not auto-return to the radar like it would do when it is dropped and not picked up.

another thing is that it doesnt show anywere that there is a possibility to vote for shuffle without restart. only if you actually know it is possible on a server and then do /callvote shuffleteamsxp_norestart then the vote will happen, can't select it from the menu.
shake

Post by shake »

bani wrote:
SickBoy wrote:Cheers for the fixedphysics, now everyone can move the same !
Hope this gets set in the leagues. :wink:
youll get alot of whining from the trickjumpers :roll:
what makes you say that? Wouldn't this make trickjumping open to more people?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

actually if you set it to 2 you won't get more than a 166 trick jump (best jumps occur at 333 afaik)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
lagzalot

Post by lagzalot »

REQUEST! in previous etpro, say i have these in my autoexec_radar.cfg

- r_overbrightbits 1
- r_gamma 3

and on my autoexec_oasis.cfg i have

- r_overbrightbits 0
- r_gamma 1.5

when playing on radar and switching to oasis, the new values for oasis are only LATCHED and basically if i have different visual cvars per map, once i load the map, i have to vidrestart to get those latched values into effect. pls fix these or tell me if there is another way aside from vidrestarting every map switch kthnx
Kami

Post by Kami »

you have to vidrestart, sorry
Neith

Post by Neith »

lagzalot wrote:REQUEST! in previous etpro, say i have these in my autoexec_radar.cfg

- r_overbrightbits 1
- r_gamma 3

and on my autoexec_oasis.cfg i have

- r_overbrightbits 0
- r_gamma 1.5

when playing on radar and switching to oasis, the new values for oasis are only LATCHED and basically if i have different visual cvars per map, once i load the map, i have to vidrestart to get those latched values into effect. pls fix these or tell me if there is another way aside from vidrestarting every map switch kthnx
you should try to look here http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... 6ce1#36491 or if i well remember in another topic (it was already asked by Kami) btw that thread explains how to make a simple script to make these changes for you everytime you change the map (but the script always vid_restart(s)
faltytower

Post by faltytower »

It's probably nothing significant but I'll report it anyway.

I changed the server to zero gravity ( g_gravity 0 ) and for some reason the game would stall, be unresponsive.

Condition:
* win32 (windows XP Pro)
* tested under a listen server
* drawgun is off :)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

etpro doesnt work properly as a listenserver.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

zinx wrote:b_fixedphysics 1
Completely framerate independent, but gives you a boost in jump velocity so you get a decent jump height.
b_fixedphysicsfps controls the boost you get -- 125 (default) gives you the height you'd have using framerate dependent physics with 125fps.

It is recommended that you don't use pmove_fixed with this setting, since it won't improve anything, and there are some bugs with it still (not related to b_fixedphysics, though)
caveat: b_fixedphysics 1 also takes slightly more bandwidth for players (160bytes/sec). this is nothing for broadband, but might affect dialup users.
*BUH*Hank

Post by *BUH*Hank »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:how about changing the vote for shuffle_teamxp into shuffle_teamxp no restart
how about this ? is it possible ?

btw: server works fine with the new bugfix ;)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

ofcourse its posable
*BUH*Hank

Post by *BUH*Hank »

*rofl* and how ?

set vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp_norestart "0" !?!?!?
[BuH]ET1|FunForEveryone
IP: 62.4.74.241:27960 (40 Slots)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

*BUH*Hank wrote:*rofl* and how ?

set vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp_norestart "0" !?!?!?
yes it all verry wel posable

or vote_allow_shuffleteamxp "2" is no restart
-W0kk3L-

Post by -W0kk3L- »

I'm testing ETPro v3.0.10 on one of our 64 player servers (137.224.240.14:27960) and as far as i can tell, (after playing a complete campaign) i haven't found any bugs yet...