ET Pro 3.1.0 Released!

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

DSky.kotkis wrote:
b_pronedelay (default 0, disabled) - millseconds to freeze player on prone transitions. A value of 600 defeats the "bugprone" script entirely.
This one is interesting, since the whole script is a joke. It was originally a speed jump script that instead of jumping goes prone, and therefore it's just plain _useless_. No bugged hitboxes, no faster prone, it just adds a small delay so you can't shoot right away. It's hilarious to see people talking about who uses it and who doesn't, and whether it's a cheat or not. I can't wait to see if some of the major ET leagues decide to make it even more hilarious by trying to ban an useless script :) (I know TWL had this brought up at some point, but they lacked the resources at the moment)
LMAO. That is exactly what I said when I sent the URL to bani.

It may have been a waste of time, but it clearly shows that people need to *verify* before the accept that something is an exploit.

That said, it actually does do one thing: your head goes mostly underground as you prone, which could be good if you were reloading or medpacking. Of course, looking down with the mouse would give you the same result, and it would trivial to prevent in game code.

*sigh*
Last edited by ReyalP on Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
send lawyers, guns and money
Jin

Post by Jin »

Why there is no "shuffleteamsxp_norestart" in the Vote menu???(after adding <vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp_norestart "1">)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:LMAO. That is exactly what I said when I sent the URL to bani.
no, you didnt say it was useless...
Noobie

Post by Noobie »

The script isn't useless, it's just an autmatic way of doing stuff. You can make jump scripts too......
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Well, I know quite a lot of players get annoyed by people that up/down multiple times in a firefight ( because it's hard to hit headshots while they're prone/unproning ). A small value of b_pronedelay ( around 200-300 ) is enough to make going up and down like a yoyo a whole lot harder, but at the same time isn't too obtrusive when you go prone. I don't see anybody forcing other leagues to 600, and tbh I hope my league won't be using anything that high - it would just be too obtrusive for MG'ers etc.
mortis

Post by mortis »

I have been trying it out at various settings....600ms is not too bad at all. As you climb past 1000ms and get up to 1200ms, it really begins to be way too long. I thing that a setting of 400-800ms should work for most people....

--Mortis
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

bani wrote: no, you didnt say it was useless...
OK, not *exactly*. I said the faster, smoother proning seemed like BS, and the only real effect seemed to be the underground head. If I didn't clearly convey that I doubted its usefulness, I apologize. I assumed that you would do your own analysis anyway.

@noobie: Uh the script is a way of doing useless stuff automatically. That doesn't make it any more useful.

If you know how to shoot while proning, you are better off doing that than using the script. Since the script strafes, you cannot even self medpack or reload while using it. So, you trade a slightly harder to hit hitbox, for holding almost completely still and doing nothing. Not a good trade, IMO.

Bani did point out to me that strafing thows the model off even more, which I hadn't really paid attention to before. But that is true of all the ET stances...
send lawyers, guns and money
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

KingJackaL wrote:Well, I know quite a lot of players get annoyed by people that up/down multiple times in a firefight ( because it's hard to hit headshots while they're prone/unproning ). A small value of b_pronedelay ( around 200-300 ) is enough to make going up and down like a yoyo a whole lot harder, but at the same time isn't too obtrusive when you go prone. I don't see anybody forcing other leagues to 600, and tbh I hope my league won't be using anything that high - it would just be too obtrusive for MG'ers etc.
There is already a delay before you can stand up again. If it would be too low, it could be increased. But the "freeze" is completely and absolutely unnecessary, only serves to be a pain in the ass, so it should never be enabled IMO.
Lofi

Post by Lofi »

Thanx Bani!!!
ildon

Post by ildon »

If anything, now public server admins who don't like "combat proning" or whatever you want to call it have a way to make it less useful/effective. So it's not time *completely* wasted....
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

bani: no time was wasted with prone delay. everyone knows the prone hitboxes are b0rked (even those of you who use it often). nevermind the whiners on this one, they just rely on the b0rked hitboxes to get by in this game.

an RtCW vet rarely uses prone, for good reason. those who have never experienced RtCW rely on proning to make up for a skill gap in 1v1's and a known "bug/exploit" in the game.

all i can say now is keep on proning kiddies, it'll be alot more fun to kill you when your frozen after trying to prone on me.

)) NewdeaL
Grim|EFG

Post by Grim|EFG »

We were running Prone Delay 600 on our server last night, and people who were proning in firefights were finding it was not as successful as they had hoped :twisted:

Despite the fact that the prone bug script is a joke, this feature is a welcome addition imo.
[Koff3]ArseMeister

Post by [Koff3]ArseMeister »

Grim|EFG wrote:Despite the fact that the prone bug script is a joke, this feature is a welcome addition imo.
Can't agree more. It's a very useful option. This prone/up/prone/up-procedure is so annoying and now there's a sane way to prevent it. Maybe we should thank whoever wrote the script, since most likely b_pronedelay wouldn't exists without it?!? And thanks to bani of course! ! :wink:
mouse

Post by mouse »

I find headshots annoying, I cannot make headshots myself. Plz remove headshots from ET!

(that is how some people are talking about prone)
Vinyl

Post by Vinyl »

mouse wrote:I find headshots annoying, I cannot make headshots myself. Plz remove headshots from ET!

(that is how some people are talking about prone)
blabla mouse. Headshots are not an exploit in ET but the bugged hitboxes when proning are.