ET Pro 3.1.9 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

thompier wrote:
=FF=im2weak4u wrote:you can already set / reset at the name time whit conosle command

settimer 31 ; resettimer or something
No.
setTimer 31 sets a 31 seconds cycle, but I want to resetTimer at 31, with a 30 seconds cycle.
Bind settime to a key in a mapspecific cfg (e.g. Goldrush, Axis spawn all 30 sec, "bind t settimer 30" for Allies. You only need to hit the t-key when Axis come out their hole.

But something like "settimer2 5 30" (i.e. enemy spawns at 5 and then every 30) would be nice. On the other hand the server knows the respawn cycle (and the players usually too), so a "settimer2 5" should be enough.
The Emperor watch over you.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Just bunged 3.1.9 on our server and had a poke around, I found that when inviting someone to my fireteam I kept recieving the message that they were not on my team :shock: - I was using mpfireteamadmin to do it though, which only displays a list of those on your team, not currently participating in a fire team. The invitation still worked, and was accepted - so it's not a critical issue, just a strangeness.
Pantaloons

Post by Pantaloons »

3.1.9 working well on 81.169.171.73:29960, we had to remove 3.1.8 because so many members had probs but seems fine now :D
www.fatalpunishers.com

[fP]Demolition Centre Too

81.169.171.73:29960
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I agree it would be useful to be able to pass in the spawn time in seconds and have the countdown go from there. So you /timerSet 30 for a 30 second cycle and then you /setSpawnTime 37 to indicate that the opponents spawn on 7 and 37 of each minute say. But I can cope with hitting a key for timerReset when I see/know the spawn. Either way, it's pretty useful.
Last edited by EagleReloaded on Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i like this way... still requires a little work to get it to work accurately
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Bouaap

Post by Bouaap »

Better even is to set the proper spawn cycle times in per map autoexec's. I've now the correct spawntime on screen for every 'normal' map, for both axis and allies, all automatically. Just remove all the old spawntimer scripting and replace it with the nice & short new /timerset. The timer is correct even from the 1st spawn, where the times are NOT the max spawntimes. No need to reset whatsoever.

Code: Select all

autoexec_oasis.cfg:
  set alliesspawntime "vstr 15_sec"
  set axisspawntime "vstr 30_sec"
autoexec_allies.cfg:
  seta side_spawning "vstr axisspawntime"
autoexec_axis.cfg:
  seta side_spawning "vstr alliesspawntime"
autoexec.cfg:
  vstr side_spawning
etc.
wargle.c
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Smokey wrote:Just bunged 3.1.9 on our server and had a poke around, I found that when inviting someone to my fireteam I kept recieving the message that they were not on my team :shock: - I was using mpfireteamadmin to do it though, which only displays a list of those on your team, not currently participating in a fire team. The invitation still worked, and was accepted - so it's not a critical issue, just a strangeness.
yeh i also reproted the the fireteams seems a litle scewed

like i invited a single plyer by the menu and i got 2 messsages in console saying the other player <name> is already on our fireteam

als ivited som1 and a few secs later i got your aplication was rejected while it as an invite nor an aplication ..

so its wierd sometimes
RivrStyx

Post by RivrStyx »

All my autoexec_<map> and autoexec_<class> scripts don't seem to work all the time in 3.1.9. All worked perfect up until this version. Sometimes they get executed...sometimes they don't. They even worked fine in 3.1.8.
Still works in matches or servers using 3.1.0 btw
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

hmm I joined a 3.1.9 server last night and had that issue. I had to exec myself...
h4ks

Post by h4ks »

RivrStyx wrote:All my autoexec_<map> and autoexec_<class> scripts don't seem to work all the time in 3.1.9. All worked perfect up until this version. Sometimes they get executed...sometimes they don't. They even worked fine in 3.1.8.
Still works in matches or servers using 3.1.0 btw
worked fine for me; only issue i had is that "fireteam inviteall" works only when you're leader of the fireteam. could be much more useful if it worked even when you're not the leader.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Hmm... The only legitimate time to use inviteall is in a clan match, and in those, whoever forms the fireteam should really be competent enough to admin it. So I don't think people should be able to propose all.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

indeed think if you are a leader and some1 does a purpose all youget spamed whit votes to invite all plyers :/

this would only be handy if it would only give the leader 1 vote a invie all vote
h4ks

Post by h4ks »

why should u get spammed with votes? once you accepted to come in you're done, unless u bother calling votes for fireteams in 16+ pub servers.

and about the clan match, being really competent enough blabla, the 'fireteam inviteall' could be used to kill the need for mp_fireteamadmin and goin thru the menues for every teammate you have to invite. but since 3.1.9 is a beta (implying that theres less or more 10 servers in europe with it, many without b_realhead 1 etc., not to talk about the time it takes to let a clan join your server with the 'new etpro', omg..) ppl dont bind inviteall and use fireteamadmin.
btw why those fireteams arent forced like in rtcw is just beyond me.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

the think i meaned as that a fireteam admi gets a vote for every propesed member
zeus

Post by zeus »

Is it possible to show the quantity ammo in the FT? As health actually do
Last edited by zeus on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.