ET Pro 3.1.9 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

at least as ref move a player into another team ..and then invite him/her into fireteam.... it says " you are not at the same team" and sometimes there are
2 "alpha" just to meantion

Harry
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

regarding the autoexec.cfg not executed: it's reproducable by joining a 3.1.0 server, quitting, and then joining a 3.1.9 server.
todd`

Post by todd` »

My suggestions:

1) For consistency, instead of /resettimer and /timerset, use /resettimer and /settimer .. and maybe add /unsettimer

2) Specs can set timers, but really have no reason to.. maybe disable timers if you're spectating?

3) Been waiting to see this for a while, but havent.. when you're waiting for a revive from a medic, you can look around you by moving the mouse. The thing that bothers me is if I'm in limbo and specing teammates, i can't look around them to see what's around them (enemy that just killed them, etc).. so I'm asking to be able to rotate the view when speccing teammates waiting for a medic as well.

4) I don't like the idea that I can't see how many of each class a team has before I join.. When I join, I like to be what the team needs (medic, engineer, etc) and I don't want to have to join and then go back to change my class because I couldnt see the numbers before. There is not much significant information someone could get by seeing how many of each class the opposite team has.

5) This is probably an etmain bug, but its starting to really annoy me. The number of kills/deaths is wrong a lot on the screen after a map (only in the main list).. if you click the name and count the kills with the weapons on the left, it might be completely different from the number of kills shown on the right. This also affects the awards (eg. highest fragger). Anything you can do?

Btw, is a custom HUD fully implemented yet? or at least a point to where its usable? I cant figure out how to move things, and I've been waiting for it since 3.0.1 :(

Edit:

6) just noticed this.. if someone has colors in their name, the colors will change the color of the last ) and : and the location..

this may help explain:

Last edited by todd` on Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

1) unsettimer would turn the timer off would it? Cause otherwise I don't really see any need whatsoever for that sort of command.

2) Disabling the spawntimer as a spec is a must. I just tested it then and you can spec the other team, hit your bind to sync your timer when they spawn and then join the opposing team and the spawn time will be there waiting for you. This could actually be cause to implement that unsettimer function, so that it's turned off when you join a team and you have to figure out the spawn time yourself. Of course you can spec the team briefly at the start of the map and then keep it in your mind until you join a team and turn on the timer, but it'd at least make it a bit harder.

3) Always wondered about this myself but it's never bothered me all that much, I tend to spec live people if I can.

4) Perhaps hiding the classes of a team could be an expanded function of speclock, so it only gets used in matches where it actually matters?

5) Haven't noticed it myself, I'll have to keep an eye open.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
todd`

Post by todd` »

EagleReloaded wrote:1) unsettimer would turn the timer off would it? Cause otherwise I don't really see any need whatsoever for that sort of command.

2) Disabling the spawntimer as a spec is a must. I just tested it then and you can spec the other team, hit your bind to sync your timer when they spawn and then join the opposing team and the spawn time will be there waiting for you. This could actually be cause to implement that unsettimer function, so that it's turned off when you join a team and you have to figure out the spawn time yourself. Of course you can spec the team briefly at the start of the map and then keep it in your mind until you join a team and turn on the timer, but it'd at least make it a bit harder.

3) Always wondered about this myself but it's never bothered me all that much, I tend to spec live people if I can.

4) Perhaps hiding the classes of a team could be an expanded function of speclock, so it only gets used in matches where it actually matters?

5) Haven't noticed it myself, I'll have to keep an eye open.
1. Yes, currently there are two commands:
/timerset
/resettimer
I was thinking to keep consistency, rename /timerset to /settimer
then I added that you might want /unsettimer in case you dont want the timer there (for whatever reason).. it would be best to have a suit of timer commands rather than a way to set it and it being impossible to unset.

2. Exactly..

3. (no comment)

4. good idea.. that would work.. to emphasize my point, i just joined a team as an engineer, and just caught the spawn time so spawned as an engineer, only to find out my team was full of them and couldve used another medic instead.

5. just look for people with like 80 kills and 10 deaths or something :P

btw bani, nice job with the new versions so far.. i LOVE the text locations rather than map locations when talking..
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

todd` wrote:I was thinking to keep consistency, rename /timerset to /settimer
I was thinking, to keep consistency, rename /resettimer to /timerreset. all the cvars uses prefixes, for sorting and command completion using tab in console.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

1) is useless use settimer 0

2) agreed

3) huh?

4) i agree whit the idea i dont kno wut a team neads but enemy's are not seposed to know your teams class count

5) yeh would be nice if it was fixed

5a) the hud probely isnt gonig tobe ready any soon, there was nothing coded for it ever since 3.0.1

6) this has been like that since etmain i even add ^7 at the end of m name to make it while again :D
DG

Post by DG »

4) i thought that was done deliberately so that rejoining players cant see the class counts of the enemy.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

please make that "bug fix" (4) a option. On public server it IS usefull to see, how many players are in a class, before you join from spectators team.

For example: If you restrict players in a class (like i do, lets say 2 covert ops), then you don't know, if covert ops are already full before you join ...

greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
booger

Post by booger »

You can see the class if you happen to be normal speccing and go to limbo,
but only of the team you are watching.
bacon

Post by bacon »

HarryHirsch wrote:at least as ref move a player into another team ..and then invite him/her into fireteam.... it says " you are not at the same team" and sometimes there are
2 "alpha" just to meantion

Harry
And sometimes when a player goes spec he/she is still on the fireteam....
todd`

Post by todd` »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:3) huh?
you know when you are waiting for a medic because you just got killed, you can move the mouse to look around you? now, what about when you're spectating somebody that is waiting for a medic.. you cant move the mouse to look around them.. ive been waiting to see that included..
Nail

Post by Nail »

hit f, you'll go to free look , then look around
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
bacon

Post by bacon »

Nail wrote:hit f, you'll go to free look , then look around
Not with speclock on...
Simpledark

Post by Simpledark »

2 things

1st when using settimer... the window popup but you still have to click at it to type the number. If possible could it be done like the chat windows. You press teamchat ou chat and automatically type the message. No need to click on it with the mouse.

2nd be able to drop an item. Its kinda handy to be able to drop an objective. If you are low on life or want to pass the goal to a teammate you could drop it without having to kill yourself.
I've seen and used this technique very often when running and hide. If I'm low on life probably I will lose my item so I prefer to kill myself to get a teammate to carry the goal. It would be really handy to be able to drop the objective without using the suicide technique.

This could be done with a new command like /dropobj or by a combination like "activate"+"weapalt" (in my case F+RightMouseButon).

Waiting for feedback... tks

PS: I once saw something similar to this in powerball when you had to pass the ball before being able to shoot.
Been there... Done that... Argh... But what am I doing??