Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Nail

Post by Nail »

just don't be surprised if it shows up in RTCW2 first
:wink:
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
deej

Post by deej »

so any view on when ETPro will be compatible with RTCW2 then? ;)
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

:grenade:
Till DEATH do us Part
MeeZ?

Post by MeeZ? »

deej wrote:
Nail wrote:it will come with individually selectable rainbow coloured pony helmet decorations for festive occasions
So does that mean that the engine supports technicolor? :P

<3

BAN PRONEDELAY \o/
fetz

Post by fetz »

any insight regarding etpro and mac?

very little chatter on the forums from mac users. we host a 2.6 etmain server for ordermates using mac, and the general consensus is gameplay suks. without being specific, when running etmain on a top of the line mac... the game runs jerky, with no relief from reduced settings or cvar tweaks. can donate mac players and server space for testing if needed.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

On Mac, is it jerky because of low frame rates, or is it bad even when the frame rate is good ? A top of the line Mac with a decent video card should be able to get good frame rates (even the pathetic mac mini I was testing on could hold over 20 on lowest settings)

Also, is it any better if the server is also mac ?
send lawyers, guns and money
mortis

Post by mortis »

I think we would need more info, like how much RAM, which flavor of Mac OS , what video card, etc.

ETpro may help, but it won't magically make their hardware better. I see many Windows clients running crappy because of settings, low memory and inadequate video cards....

--Mortis
Nail

Post by Nail »

Brad Oliver from Aspyr recommends 10.3 for OS version
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
macsta

Next ET Pro

Post by macsta »

Well I am having to run our server with ET Pub, however for what ever reason I cant get Punkbuster to work. I am aware this is not your problem. so this is not a plee for help, what it is a plee for is to know how long I am going to have to be paranoid for before you bless us with an idea as to what state the next ET Pro is. If you are in need of testers, let us me know I am more then willing to put in some time to check for bugs and things, As it is we are using your hit sounds(missed them too much). Thanks in advance of your next great release.

mAC
{GZR}mAC

Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

If they realesed the soruce for 2.60 think that means new Pro will be out soon? Since the pro team would of had access to it making the mod. Think it put back the realese of the new etpub.
|TGT|Rodent|

Post by |TGT|Rodent| »

When will the new version of ET Pro be released!?

And how about giving people to option of having XP Save. I remember a member here said that if a mod had XP Save they would avoid it altogether, fact is that there are thousand of ET players who would love to see ET Pro with XP Save through campaigns.

ET Pro is fantastic, with updated anti cheats and hitsounds, fixed hitboxes etc, its by far the best mod on ET, only one thing that keeps people from playing on ET Pro servers is the fact that ET Pro doesn't even give the server admin the choice of enabling XP Save. (and the huge xp save debat begins)

N.B. Has anyone else noticed a HUGE decline in the amount of people playing ET since 2.60 was released?
Visit our website or join 69.56.128.51 | 207.218.249.168
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

Yes ive noticed the decline too, simply cause the 2.6 brings a lot of bugs....:(
sgone:red.

Lack of players

Post by sgone:red. »

Quite a few of my clan are playing that crappy "my sword is bigger than you magic hat" stupid ass game, Ever Quest or something to that nature :evil:, while there's not much going on.

NEED the ETPro soon. Why the release didn't coincide with the patch i just don't know.
www.smokeysgrotto.com -- #smokeys-grotto -- www.et1337.net

Lekdevil.NL

Post by Lekdevil.NL »

|TGT|Rodent| wrote:N.B. Has anyone else noticed a HUGE decline in the amount of people playing ET since 2.60 was released?
No. All Seeing Eye reports 10000 to 11000 ET players at peak times; same numbers as before the patch was released.

By the way, I don't really understand all these desperate pleas for a new ET Pro version. Nobody is forcing you to upgrade your server to 2.60, right?
sgone:red.

Post by sgone:red. »

I guess i feel like i'm in Limbo (excuse the pun) and am very much looking forward to the new release.

Was hoping that the new patch and ETPro would fix my "valid guid not reaching auth server" or whatever it is, 'cause its been getting on my tits for bloody ages.

Also getting that "Do you wanna update" everytime i start ET which is really getting on my tits :evil: Yes I think i know the cvar to stop this but to busy player to be arsed. Poor excuse i know.

+ a number of other little niggly things.
www.smokeysgrotto.com -- #smokeys-grotto -- www.et1337.net