ET 2.60 Patch with etpro status

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Nail

Post by Nail »

you people have noticed that the 2.60 install comes with a mod button and an etpro folder haven't you ???
I think we will have something soon, patience is required
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
PincheGab

Post by PincheGab »

Zohar wrote:It says "More than 10 maps in a camp no longer crashes the server" which is true, the server doesnt crash. It DOES however give you an error saying "campaign has too many maps". It just doesnt crash.
Summary: you can still only have 10 in a campaign.
LOL, I ran into this myself trying to load my new, 17 map campaign, LOL! Man I can't wait for the engine to go open-source!
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

lol i dont think it coms wiht an etpro folder does it ?

and the mod menu was jsut some left over from rtcw i think

atleast the code has always been there only there was no menu
fretn

Post by fretn »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:lol i dont think it coms wiht an etpro folder does it ?

and the mod menu was jsut some left over from rtcw i think

atleast the code has always been there only there was no menu
the mod menu was added intentional, as newbie's dont really know howto edit shortcuts etc
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
pow

Post by pow »

The only thing I can say is: brilliant!!! As soon as ETpro updates I'll be updating my little server. I hope there wont be too much changes to be done to the .cfg's (got it quite nice now) Finally custom maps on my server (couldn't load them before since the bug on hosting maps elsewhere)
Can't wait for april and ETpro!!

thanx to all who worked on getting this done!!
bacon

Post by bacon »

Zohar wrote:
I have a new server for custom maps only and the idea of more than 10 maps in a campaign sounds good to me!
That is a bit of tricky wording on Id's part.

It says "More than 10 maps in a camp no longer crashes the server" which is true, the server doesnt crash. It DOES however give you an error saying "campaign has too many maps". It just doesnt crash.

Summary: you can still only have 10 in a campaign.
You could, in theory, increase the max number of maps in a campaign (which is currently 10) in the source code. It probably crashed the server when you did :P
[DA]ZephyR

Post by [DA]ZephyR »

GOD*Whiplash wrote:hey ho it would be great if you could fix etpro 3.10 and 3.19 cause the most leagues play with 3.10 cause 3.19 is a bit noobish and not an official release or?
What?
As far as I know, most leagues REQUIRE ETPRO 3.19. This includes CAL, TWL, STA, WPL, and OGL. I believe GGL requires this as well.
mouse

Post by mouse »

in europe the biggest two play on 3.1 (cb / wl)
jinx

Post by jinx »

Dogwood wrote:
jinx wrote:
zinx wrote: The majority are those with etpro ;)
I don't agree with that. Shrub has a huge fan-base, etmain has a huge fan-base, unpatched had a huge fan-base...to say ETPro has more players than everybody else playing is a bit niave.
The stats say ET Pro wins by allot.
http://gaming.broadbandreports.com/etmaster/

But..... the fact that shrub has almost 50% of the players with less than one tenth of the servers is remarkable.
A loyal fan base is the shrub lot.
I'm not sure what those stats actually show, players on at a given time? Players on all-time :) I believe those are on at a given time, that doesn't really show much of anything, except more ETPro players are on right now...cuz to say there are only 211 people who play etmain is a bit off...and that only a couple thousand people play ET :)

In fact, it is natural to assume that the players that play more often are those that play ETPro (due to it being a competition mod, hence competition requiring practice).

The players that play just for fun generally shuffle in and out much more often and don't play for 5 hours at a time (figure, doesn't mean anything), but maybe a map or so and then off to play CSS.

Towards the bottom of page 2 (through page 12) all the ETPro servers are empty. Just an interesting note, only about 400 servers of the ~2K are active.
Adacore

Post by Adacore »

[DA]ZephyR wrote:
GOD*Whiplash wrote:hey ho it would be great if you could fix etpro 3.10 and 3.19 cause the most leagues play with 3.10 cause 3.19 is a bit noobish and not an official release or?
What?
As far as I know, most leagues REQUIRE ETPRO 3.19. This includes CAL, TWL, STA, WPL, and OGL. I believe GGL requires this as well.
Due to several known bugs in 3.1.9 the euro leagues and cups almost all use 3.1.0 (the most obvious bugs are with grenades magically appearing after use if you get killed at certain times and some stuff with riflenades, but there are others).
Adacore

Post by Adacore »

jinx wrote:Towards the bottom of page 2 (through page 12) all the ETPro servers are empty. Just an interesting note, only about 400 servers of the ~2K are active.
I think that's a simple product of it being the competition mod - lots of the servers are private ones rented by clans and used only when they play matches. Since competitions aren't played on ETMain or ShrubET they don't have anywhere near as many private (and therefore empty) servers.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

http://www.csports.net/TopMods.aspx?Matrix=0&Mod=0 provides better data.

Rank - Name - Online Now - Names in 31 Days
10 - Wolfenstein Enemy Territory: shrubmod - 2,245 - 308,387
12 - Wolfenstein Enemy Territory: ET Pro - 1,851 - 521,607
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

lol...watch them release it on April 1...only to find out its actually a highly lethal virus. April fools...haha, there goes your thousands in parts :lol:
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
HELSEN

Post by HELSEN »

LOL, I ran into this myself trying to load my new, 17 map campaign, LOL! Man I can't wait for the engine to go open-source!
---
Use SHRUBET.
Tested it wiht 30+ maps in one campaign.

Gruss Avatar
------------------------------
[fUn]Avatar of Woe
www.fun-gamers.com
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

Im not a big shrub fan. Not to say it sucks, but all those shrub people have been living with pointless bugs in the game since it came out. At least with etpro, a majority of them are fixed. I also like etpro features like hit sounds...b_realhead, configs, anticheat, antilag, and a ton of other stuff. But yah, as much as i'd love to have 10+ map campaigns, i'd rather have etpro. Hopfully with this new patch, it'll free me up to do all kinds of sweet thinfgs :)
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."