ET 2.60 Patch with etpro status

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

booger

Post by booger »

qstat -rwm,84 wolfmaster.idsoftware.com -P ..
RWM wolfmaster.idsoftware.com 89 servers
Vast majority of those are etpub.Shrub I think has issues with some maps.
The download crashes from http are gone.
Morcheeba

Post by Morcheeba »

[DR]REVOS wrote:So is there any actual, like, estimate for the new ETPro for 2.6? Anyone? :?
umm ina few hours/days/week/years ? :lol: :wink:
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

Morcheeba wrote:umm ina few hours/days/week/years ? :lol: :wink:
actually more like the one time frame you failed to mention.... months
Till DEATH do us Part
Northerner

Post by Northerner »

this is getting rediculous! whats the holdup???
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Northerner wrote:this is getting rediculous! whats the holdup???
" It will be ready when its ready."

Sorry to use an old quote but if you are going to be rude, then quotes must be used.

One tihng i wanted to ask with the new realse of ETpro, will there be an optional cvar to disabling shruging? In my book, its worse than proning now. :cry:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

but it doesn't do anything, except make them look like they're riding the "short bus"
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
[DR]REVOS

Post by [DR]REVOS »

You know, even if you just said "two weeks" or "two months" or something, some basic guestimate, you'd get 90% of people off your back. I know it'd shut me up. LOL. I just want some time frame, even if it's an over-estimate. Hell, if you say 2 months and get it done in 1, you'll be heroes for getting it out 'early'. LOL. Just give us some time frame and shut us all up.

This damn friggin 2.60 patch is gonna KILL ET...

:evil:
deej

Post by deej »

[DR]REVOS wrote:This damn friggin 2.60 patch is gonna KILL ET...
Actually it seems it brings more people to ET given the renewed attention it brought to the game. BUT all these people are playing on ETMain & ETPub servers, not ETPro.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
macsta

Post by macsta »

[DR]REVOS wrote:This damn friggin 2.60 patch is gonna KILL ET...

:evil:
Kill ET! Never, our server is never blody empty just lately, Most have moved accross to ETPub, and will proberly move back to ETPro once these guys release the next version..

Kill ET..... what kinda stupid talk is that
{GZR}mAC

Morcheeba

Post by Morcheeba »

kill et ? u wanna kill me ? :wink:
our server is 16h a day full of people playing etmain. but the other one with etpro on it is aproximatley 12-14 h a day empty ( oO).
but if the new etpro won't come out, the mod will damatically loss popularity and so the players of etpro will go to mod X . i know it's a comp mod .... blah blah but just look at the servers that run etpro. most of em are publics and why (?) cuz etpro is a genious piece of work, so dont let em die ....
i guess (hope) mr.bani and his team is nearly finished with his/thier release, so that the whole discussion will end up and we can play 2.60 with new etpro which will indeed lead more players to etpro than im 2.56&etpro times.

a damn ET+ETPRO addicted.... :lol:
DG

Post by DG »

would it be better to release something with lots of major bugs + anticheat disabled or at least wait until the bugs are minor (i.e. it's still properly playable) before going to a "testbugfix" for the eager folk? releasing some buggy crap isnt likely to be good for the mod's popularity either, nor it's servers or players - better to leave people knowing they're best off sticking with et2.56+etpro3.1.0/3.1.9 than releasing something significantly worse just because it "works" with et2.60.

it's crappy for some people each way, but releasing a bad etpro is the crappier of the two imho.

the problem with giving guideline dates is people DO start to take them as promises and/or start to make plans for it when something might come up like a problem bug or unexpected "IRL" time-sponges. If it was my mod then personally i'd be hoping for an official release in time for qcon qualifiers, but i've no idea how much store the etpro team put into qcon - and also remember for high profile tourneys it's not just ETPro but also ETTV that needs to be stable.

maybe they're working on mac support too, which could bring in a boatload of work & issues, not just adding a new platform for the new stuff, but also needing the older stuff to be ported.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

gotenks wrote:but it doesn't do anything, except make them look like they're riding the "short bus"
Well, it surely must. It doesn't put people off in a fire fight? Especially when they can do it constantly. I just annoys me really and i was just wondering if it was possible :P
deej

Post by deej »

From all the hints I got over the past weeks in this forum I'm guessing these issues are the most important to overcome for a 2.6 release of ETPro:

- Mac compatibility
- Anti-cheat code (which is probably the hardest to do since it checks a lot of things on the client)
- ETTV stability & chaining
- And Real Life perhaps?

Like DG said, I too believe it's not prudent to give release dates since anything can interfere wiuth those, but it would be good from the team's POV to release a statement on what is slowing them down etc... This way the pressure will be lighter on them and the community migth sing the "is it done yet?" tune not so often.

If Bani / Zinx / Rain / Fusen or another teammember would just communicate to the outside world on where they are and what the difficulties are, I think it will put more people at ease.

Personally, I'm now playing with the patch selector to play either on 2.60 ETPub servers and 2.56 ETPro servers. It ain't pretty, but it'll do ;-).
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
PincheGab

Post by PincheGab »

Well, at least we know bani's alive (as of yesterday), he posted this on SD: http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?n ... 424#113424

Well, as far as a status update, at least he is aware of mac compiling issues... LOL

I agree though: At least a statement like "it's almost ready, but we have to do a sh$%^load of work on the mac anti-cheat before we can think of releasing" would appease the masses.
Deus

Post by Deus »

deej wrote:If Bani / Zinx / Rain / Fusen ...
its fretn, not Fusen
PincheGab wrote:At least a statement like "it's almost ready, but we have to do a sh$%^load of work on the mac anti-cheat before we can think of releasing" would appease the masses.
It's almost ready, but they have to do a ... blah ...
;)