ET 2.60 Patch with etpro status

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

nihilist

Re: ET 2.60 Patch with etpro status

Post by nihilist »

Digga wrote:pardon my noobness but how do I do this?
Server side.
Digga

Re: ET 2.60 Patch with etpro status

Post by Digga »

nihilist wrote:
Digga wrote:pardon my noobness but how do I do this?
Server side.
thank you.
Dogwood

Post by Dogwood »

jinx wrote:
zinx wrote:
Japman wrote:it means that it is fixed now for the majority of people, not just those who have etpro
The majority are those with etpro ;)
I don't agree with that. Shrub has a huge fan-base, etmain has a huge fan-base, unpatched had a huge fan-base...to say ETPro has more players than everybody else playing is a bit niave.
The stats say ET Pro wins by allot.
http://gaming.broadbandreports.com/etmaster/

But..... the fact that shrub has almost 50% of the players with less than one tenth of the servers is remarkable.
A loyal fan base is the shrub lot.
BBr|ET Clan Leader
BroadbandReports.com
techno00meister

Post by techno00meister »

great and very unexpected news about the release of 2.60, but couldn't it have been timed better to co-incide with etpro 3.2.0? (especially seeing as it was made in association with the makers of etpro, AND there was hardly a rush to get it out considering it's been a year and a half coming was there?) :wink:

our host upgraded all of their servers the day it came out, so now we're stuck with etmain until the new etpro comes out
Deus

Post by Deus »

techno00meister wrote:our host upgraded all of their servers the day it came out, so now we're stuck with etmain until the new etpro comes out
A good host will allow the user determine what version will be used.
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Heh heh, I upgraded too soon and now no servers :shakinghead: The question is... add another temp install or wait. Damn, sooo lazy... guess I'll try to play with the macies.

Spoke too soon, oh well... guess I will wait.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

hahah..your host updated without asking? Thats realllllly lame. What if your in TWL, they arn't allowing the new patch yet.. :roll:
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
Elvis_P

Post by Elvis_P »

So jacks.......Id like to know whats up...

I WAS
runnin ET pro 319 on our server......the server company installed the update automatically

what do I do now? I have to have the patch to play there ....on my own rented server ...........

can I even Use Et pro anymore?

I had to delete it for now because I was gettin a mismatch.......

let's be honest here...

Its been my experience to say
shrub is for mostly people that dont/have never played league
Pro is for the league

its not a contest, just a preference..
Personally I like pro the best..

Id like to fix my server.
Bani? what do I do?

Thanks

Elvis
fretn

Post by fretn »

hi jack,

complain to your host or wait for the 2.60 compatible etpro
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Redwing

Post by Redwing »

great and very unexpected news about the release of 2.60, but couldn't it have been timed better to co-incide with etpro 3.2.0? (especially seeing as it was made in association with the makers of etpro, AND there was hardly a rush to get it out considering it's been a year and a half coming was there?) Wink

our host upgraded all of their servers the day it came out, so now we're stuck with etmain until the new etpro comes out
You'd have thought they'd have at least tested it aswell. I think someone did a classic Microsoft error here ;)

(Not to insult you Bani...sorry. ETPro is great, the patch is great and shrub is bleh :P)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dogwood wrote: The stats say ET Pro wins by allot.

But..... the fact that shrub has almost 50% of the players with less than one tenth of the servers is remarkable.
Bah, that list sucks. I also have 2 shrub servers running, which aren't listed there.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
mortis

Post by mortis »

Mark wrote:
Dogwood wrote: The stats say ET Pro wins by allot.

Bah, that list sucks. I also have 2 shrub servers running, which aren't listed there.

Greets
Mark
IIRC, the list depends on the ET master server, which as we all know if flaky. Nevertheless, I am certain that the sample size is sufficiently large to draw a valid statistical conclusion.

http://www.broadbandgaming.net has a feature that tracks the most popular FPS games and has quite a bit of interesting statistics. It's worth a look if you'd like to get a general idea of what people are playing.
173D

Post by 173D »

I could care less about league play..it's the FUN factor that's really important! Tho, I do prefer ETPRO, I also like shrub and etmain. I have a new server for custom maps only and the idea of more than 10 maps in a campaign sounds good to me!
Zohar

Post by Zohar »

I have a new server for custom maps only and the idea of more than 10 maps in a campaign sounds good to me!
That is a bit of tricky wording on Id's part.

It says "More than 10 maps in a camp no longer crashes the server" which is true, the server doesnt crash. It DOES however give you an error saying "campaign has too many maps". It just doesnt crash.

Summary: you can still only have 10 in a campaign.
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

techno00meister wrote:great and very unexpected news about the release of 2.60, but couldn't it have been timed better to co-incide with etpro 3.2.0? (especially seeing as it was made in association with the makers of etpro, AND there was hardly a rush to get it out considering it's been a year and a half coming was there?) :wink:

/fire idiot hosting company
/buy own server

LOL

patience is a virtue ....
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com