ET Pro 3.1.14 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

I remember this happening to a member of my team. This was still in 3.1.0 or 3.1.8. He left during the beginning of a campaign and left for the second map and came back for the third (because the second is fueldump and the third is goldrush, lol). He had similar xp levels that we were all at or there around. not sure if he took on the same xp as someone else on the server at the time, i didnt check that. We all wondered about it on vent but someone had to build the cp so we couldn't continue our talks on it. :oops:
About 5 or 10 minutes later we checked again and he was restored to a lower number. It self corrected. That was the only instance I remember about that situation ever happening.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i should note, there was 1 other person on at the time it happend to me (when i connected with 1030 xp) and he was no where near that xp (he started accusing me of cheating and got quite foul mouthed about it... till i muted him
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
NOYB

Post by NOYB »

gotenks wrote:... till i muted him
And ate his liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
booger

Post by booger »

Since when does etpro have to be 'competition only'? Since it is far and away the most popular mod,all of those running etpro simply can't be competition servers can they?Once all the dust settles,it's still a matter of preferance whether or not to run wolfrof.
newsflash---'we made a mod for competition only,if you run it on your pub server,we will hunt you down and kill your family'
amazing. I just can't take the game seriously enough to consider making comments about cvar OPTIONS.
By the tone of the thread,most leagues will likely never use wolfrof anyway.
OPTIONAL means you don't HAVE to use it.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

Im thinking most leagues WILL use wolfrof :?
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Considering there are leagues that still aren't using realHead, I don't think we need to worry about ROF just yet.

How many people complaining about ROF have actually tested it yet? And in an actual scrim?
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

booger wrote:OPTIONAL means you don't HAVE to use it.
Please stop using the OPTIONAL argument. Seriously, please stop it.

b_wolfrof is a server-side setting. If all the servers a player plays on has it set, what's OPTIONAL about it? I play in Europe, all European competition, apart from some small minor national cups / leagues, use the CB config. If CB implement it I will be forced to play it or not play at all (apart from pubbing, which is in a really dire state over here atm). That's the reality of my situation, and for a lot of others.

Maybe CB will use b_wolfrof, maybe they won't. I've played it quite a bit and like it for mad deathmatch style public play but think it'll kill the competitive game. I've voiced my opinions, as have many others, and I'm pretty confident that a) it probably won't be used, and b) nothing will be decided until after QCon anyway, by which time I suspect I won't be playing ET anymore.

But please stop using the OPTIONAL argument. As I've said many times before, nothing is optional if no-one's offering an alternative. For a mainly competition player like myself a server-side setting that I DO NOT have the option of using or not using is cause for concern, why can't people respect that?
Mark

Post by Mark »

EagleReloaded wrote:Considering there are leagues that still aren't using realHead, I don't think we need to worry about ROF just yet.

How many people complaining about ROF have actually tested it yet? And in an actual scrim?
They don't use realhead, because its etpro beta only (not in 3.1.0). Once etpro 3.2.0 goes official, many leagues will use it for sure. Same with et 2.60.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Kendle wrote: But please stop using the OPTIONAL argument. As I've said many times before, nothing is optional if no-one's offering an alternative. For a mainly competition player like myself a server-side setting that I DO NOT have the option of using or not using is cause for concern, why can't people respect that?
Eh, but then you are complaining in the wrong place. If you don't want <your favorite venue> to use a particular option, then you need to convince the people responsible for setting those rules.

Complaining about the etpro team implementing an option, because you are afraid someone else will force you to use it is a bit :?

It really sounds like you are saying "things I don't like shouldn't even be an option".

If the majority really want wolfrof in CB, then should the etpro force them not to have it, because of your opinion ? Or if CB is so out of touch they would implement wolfrof even though the majority doesn't want it, is that really something the etpro team should base their actions around ?
send lawyers, guns and money
SoL

Post by SoL »

Kendle

Post by Kendle »

I know I'm complaining in the wrong place, and I can assure you I am complaining in the right places as well, but firstly this forum isn't just a bug report / tech support forum, issues like this are discussed here all the time (though I do appreciate this particular thread seems to have become hyjacked by this issue, not least by me, so I apologise for that), and secondly I just want to counter the "option" argument.

When I was arguing for XP restrictions I did so on merit. Not once did I ever defend the introduction of "b_levels_whatever" on the basis they were optional. I just wish those in favour of b_wolfrof 1 would argue it's inclusion on merit. Lots of people are saying it's optional and lots are asking "why is it a bad thing?" but I don't see anyone saying "b_wolfrof 1 is good because...".

Apologies to the ETPro team, I'm not having a go at you, (though I can appreciate you might think otherwise). But this forum is a discussion board, not just a support board, and when I see options proposed / argued for / against / defended but dont agree with the reasoning I feel I have every right to say so. Although having said that, when I was arguing the case for XP restrictions my arguments were "constructive" but when I argue against something I'm "complaining", go figure.... :cry:
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

example: hitsounds

who asked anybody..?

Bani, just "thought it could make a more interesting game" .. Leagues..didnt second it..EVEN it had SERIOUS flaws. and now here we go..

i would have said NO then.. and i say NO today..

HITSOUNDS ARE NOT SUITED FOR COMPETITION PLAY !

..(for practising, and aim testing..sure, but not in wars)

anyone, give me a argument..why theyre "needed"? ..yeah "more interesting"..yeah build in wallhacks , spawntimers could be interesting also.. same thing imo..
booger

Post by booger »

Did I miss the thread about Bani being on the 'european league payroll'? I am neither for or agaisnt wolfrof,I merely point out the the leagues aren't the ones spending time and effort to advance a game that a lot of us wouldn't have it it werent free.
sucker_pvn

Possible bug

Post by sucker_pvn »

This happened some time ago, but it must have been v2.60 with etpro. I was crouching (on battery) as axis besides the mg at the backdoor when some allied covert or engineer blew the gun away and I got stuck inside the contruction box. A while after that some allied managed to get in and ran past me, didn't know if he saw me. I was able to shoot him. I clearly saw the inside of the wood around me, but saw the 'outdoor' in some places as well...

Pretty strange!
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

You can do this on purpose in some places: demo.
The Emperor watch over you.