ET Pro 3.1.14 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

sgone:red.

Post by sgone:red. »

gotenks wrote:right, a majority didn't want it, but not 1 valid argument was made about not having it as an option... so again you're part of a majority...
elll oh elll, and which majority was this? Surf the web chap, the ET community is much larger than you think.
bani wrote:why are you so terrified of it being a cvar?
It's an option
DG wrote:"division"
see Bani quote.
www.smokeysgrotto.com -- #smokeys-grotto -- www.et1337.net

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

I know the et community is rather large (i'm an admin at et.com), but i still haven't seen an argument... yes it could lead to a division... BUT many of the other changes that had the same arguments against them DIDN'T... I'm saying you're part of the majority that doesn't want it and can't think of a valid reason not to have it...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Nail

Post by Nail »

"The sky is falling" , "The sky is falling" ,
"We must go and tell the King"

Gotta love people who "speak for the ET community"

tell you what, we have over 180,000 members, not one has complained about RTCW ROF, just in case you wondered
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
sgone:red.

Post by sgone:red. »

gotenks wrote:yes it could lead to a division... BUT many of the other changes that had the same arguments against them DIDN'T...
Many of the other changes wern't options that could impact the game so much. I fully appreciate that my voice, or the majority's voice for that matter won't change your minds. I know of many people who share the same views on how this will impact on ET, but tbh, I guess they're to scared of being proved wrong wheras I'm not, I honestly hope I am. I'll end the conversation here.
nail wrote:Gotta love people who "speak for the ET community"
Is that what you said to the majority? and since when did I say I was speaking for the ET community? I'm just pointing out what I see as plainly obvious imo.
nail wrote:tell you what, we have over 180,000 members, not one has complained about RTCW ROF
omg i'm suitably impressed........well here's your first then :roll:
www.smokeysgrotto.com -- #smokeys-grotto -- www.et1337.net

EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

So now that that's out of the way, is the constructible bug fixed or do we have to wait for .15? Wasn't too clear.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

constructible bug should be fixed.
Pangea

Post by Pangea »

Changelog wrote:oasis script fixed (remove end of round delay after destroying both guns)
Is this fixed only with ETPro Mapscripts? Because etpro/maps/oasis.script and etpro/etpromapscripts/oasis.script are not the same.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

yes.
dragon

Post by dragon »

Are anti-recoil scripts still nerfed with this version?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

dragon wrote:Are anti-recoil scripts still nerfed with this version?
+lookup and +lookdown are still completely disabled.
send lawyers, guns and money
booger

Post by booger »

Many of the other changes wern't options that could impact the game so much. I fully appreciate that my voice, or the majority's voice for that matter won't change your minds. I know of many people who share the same views on how this will impact on ET, but tbh, I guess they're to scared of being proved wrong wheras I'm not, I honestly hope I am. I'll end the conversation here.
You're missing the point of the word 'option'.You don't HAVE to use it.
How many mods are made for ET now?How many servers total are there?
ET community....well considering it's free...I'd guess that that fact alone made a lot of people experts.
You have unearthed a new class within ET,the 'purist'.
The impact you speak of is again, OPTIONAL. There is some value in having fun no?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

just 3 bugs... 1's old other's new
1. We had just put etpro 3.1.14 on and were testing it and an level 0 allie was able to see my mine i had planted before he stepped on it (when it said "mines reported in this area"
only happened once (may have just been a silent mine showing up...)

2. the dyno the wall-capture the flag, flag still there bug is still there (3.1.13)

3. refereepassword is not case sensitive
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
gjrc

Post by gjrc »

sorry for the dumb question can someone explain or point me in the direction of somewhere that tells me what the ROF argument is all about?

what difference does it make? how does it effect game play?

can someone also tell if hit boxes are changed with newer versions of etpro. i read somewhere that they are. if they are how are they different?

my server still uses et pro 3.1.0 as i am waiting for a new final release.

thanks

g
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

gjrc wrote:sorry for the dumb question can someone explain or point me in the direction of somewhere that tells me what the ROF argument is all about?
Can someone point me towards all the "OMG we must increase ROF NOW!!!!" threads and the constructive arguments as to why ET is "broken" with it's default ROF and how increasing it will "fix" it and make it "work" as a competitive Stopwatch game? Cos I've missed all of those apparently.

2 things:-

1) Will EVERYONE please stop using the "you whined when we removed XP" argument because a) I (and a lot of people I know) didn't whine and were in fact in favour of XP restrictions and b) being right about XP does NOT make you right about ROF.

2) Will EVERYONE who keeps banging on about it being an "option" please understand that nothing is optional if no-one offers an alternative. If ClanBase use b_wolfrof almost all other competitions will as well, it'll be the defacto standard and those who don't want to play the game with it will either have to live with it or stop playing, probably the latter based on the depth of feeling on the subject amongst most of the not-quite-so-l337 European community.

Personally I'm quite philosophical about it personally, I think it's quite obvious from playing with the higher ROF that it'll fundamentally change the game and some maps be become simply unplayable, so I doubt very much it will be used, but by the same token I know for fact if it is there will be be a split in ET, which IMO will be the first significant nail in it's coffin.
Last edited by Kendle on Sat May 07, 2005 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deus

Post by Deus »

Kendle wrote:If ClanBase use b_wolfrof almost all other competitions will as well, it'll be the defacto standard
Clanbase is teh sux™.
I'll never understand how they claim the right to call their fucked up config "European" ...