Engineer Credit - Server script.

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

vendetta50

Engineer Credit - Server script.

Post by vendetta50 »

Ok I'm directing this question from my site over here to you Lua Experts.

Heres what the member said..

I was wondering if anyone new of, or could write a script for admins to use on there server that would add the name of the engineer that destroyed or constructed the objective next to the message. That way it would give the engineers credit.

If you guys think its possible or whatever i'm directing his view over here so please reply 8)
nedd3h

Post by nedd3h »

good idea!

what if more than one built something ?
would there be a way recognise the engie who built the most first ie. first one mentioned out of say two
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

nedd3h wrote:good idea!

what if more than one built something ?
would there be a way recognise the engie who built the most first ie. first one mentioned out of say two
You mean like one person blew up north anti tank gun and another blew up south then i think thats good 8)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i think he means like person a builds 90% of ramp... person b builds 10% (and finishes it)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

gotenks wrote:i think he means like person a builds 90% of ramp... person b builds 10% (and finishes it)

That could get pretty complicated then couldnt it?
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

vendetta50 wrote:
gotenks wrote:i think he means like person a builds 90% of ramp... person b builds 10% (and finishes it)

That could get pretty complicated then couldnt it?
Idd, off the top of my head I dont think the above is possible. The basic idea is probably do-able though, although if at all probably only by indirect measures to find out who the engy was. If that's the case then its not a 10 minute job.
GhosT:McSteve
Ghostworks Gaming Community
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

Well hopefully you can do It there are many people viewing this thread hoping so 8)
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

I had a look into this the other day. ETPro logs the slot number of players who plant dynamite at major objectives and so it can be picked up via et_Print. The planting engy can be credited easily then, or with a little more work, when (and if) he manages to destroy the obj.

For pretty much anything other than that more and more indirect means would be needed to find and credit the engy, making it a royal pain in the bum to write.

Let me know if this still interests you and I'll script it up.
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

Just thought I'd do an update. The script is written, but needs a bit of a test before I post it up. Its major destructible objectives only atm. If there is interest I might develop it further.
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

McSteve wrote:Just thought I'd do an update. The script is written, but needs a bit of a test before I post it up. Its major destructible objectives only atm. If there is interest I might develop it further.

Awesome i know a good amount of people who are interested 8)
Major Zeman

Post by Major Zeman »

I believe you got a nice suggestion for a little tweak in next etpro here - add a server console print when engie construcs/destroys something (he gets XP for it so I guess there is a method in the code where the print can be added), you can then trap that print with lua.
lua > me
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Major Zeman wrote:I believe you got a nice suggestion for a little tweak in next etpro here - add a server console print when engie construcs/destroys something (he gets XP for it so I guess there is a method in the code where the print can be added), you can then trap that print with lua.
Lol, sure they can add a print function and it would be easy for them. But who cares on clan matches ? :wink: For pub it's imo not useful addition which really needs attention.

To Lua I say yes!

Greetings,
Igloo
nedd3h

Post by nedd3h »

thought you guys would like this too
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/view ... hp?t=17327

another good idea imo :)