Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

daita

FYI: delayed shoutcast server

Post by daita »

Just a little shell script to better understand my vision of ettv:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

# script by daita/PourIX <pourix@pontapreta.net>

# Informations about the match server, like the host&#58;port but also the password
# used by users to connect to it &#40;g_password&#41;
MATCH_HOST="match.pourix.net&#58;27960"
MATCH_PASS="passy"

# Informations about the ETTV server, password defined on the match
# server &#40;ettv_password&#41;, the host of the ETTV server and 2 different port.
# the ETTV_PORT is the port of the second ETTV serveur &#40;the one who got delay&#41;
# and ETTV_TMP_PORT is the port of the temporary ETTV server &#40;the one without the
# delay, the one who record all demos&#41;.
ETTV_PASS="tv_pass"
ETTV_HOST="213.251.145.136"
ETTV_PORT="27960"
ETTV_RCON="rcon_pass"
ETTV_USERS="140"

ETTV_TMP_PORT="49999"
ETTV_TMP_PASS="hidden_pass"

# motd/sv_hostname
ETTV_MOTD="^dPour^xIX^7, broadcasting"

# this is the delay in seconds between the match and the broadcast.
ETTV_DELAY="60"

# no need to change anything behind this line.
rm ~/.etwolf/etpro/demos/demo*

./ettv.x86 +set fs_game etpro \
   +set net_ip 127.0.0.1 +set net_port $ETTV_TMP_PORT +set com_hunkMegs "128" +set ettv_autorecord 1 \
   +set sv_maxclients "2" +set ettv_clientname "^xIX^dmarlene^7" +set sv_hostname $ETTV_MOTD \
   +set g_password $ETTV_TMP_PASS +set rconpassword $ETTV_TMP_PASS \
   +tv connect $MATCH_HOST $ETTV_PASS $MATCH_PASS &

sleep $ETTV_DELAY

./ettv.x86 +set fs_game etpro \
   +set net_ip $ETTV_HOST +set net_port $ETTV_PORT +set com_hunkMegs "512" \
   +set sv_maxclients $ETTV_USERS +set ettv_clientname "^xIX^dmarlene^7" \
   +set rconpassword $ETTV_RCON +set sv_hostname $ETTV_MOTD \
   +set ettv_autoplay 1 +demo demo0000

Is there a better/easier way to do the same thing ?!

daita.
Last edited by daita on Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
arni

Post by arni »

can someone comment on how much hunkmegs the first slave will really need ...

imo for all usually played maps 48 should be enough

--> but does the first slave really need 48Meg ram just for writing a demo; what value should be used best for this server?
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
arni

Post by arni »

what is that supposed to tell me --- that i need around 128meg for 100 specs?

The question was how low i can go with the hunkmegs for the first slave (delay slave) (no client connections)
daita

Post by daita »

that's supposed to tell you that no documentation of any type about ettv exist...

daita.
Deus

Post by Deus »

daita wrote:that's supposed to tell you that no documentation of any type about ettv exist...

daita.
o_O?
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

If you have zero specs, leave it at default.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
arni

Post by arni »

daita;

nice script, thanks i changed it a bit for my use and now it runs perfectly :-)
--> I have all 3 servers running on 1 system, so i bound the second server to 127.0.0.1 so its not accessable from outside, that would be a possible improovement.

I've got hunkmegs at 48 atm, which should just be enough to load fueldump, accoriding to my hunkusage.dat
daita

Post by daita »

You confirm me that the first slave, configured on 127.0.0.1, is not reacheable from outside ? did you tryed ?
If so, thks for your hack :p

Btw, creation of delay on .tv_83 file make me thing about some possible cheat. I mean if .dm_83 works as well as those file, like streameable; May a player during a match use NFS to make his demo (/record) readeable in live from an other computer, with no delay + freecam.

What happens in this case ?

daita.
sushi

Post by sushi »

daita wrote:Btw, creation of delay on .tv_83 file make me thing about some possible cheat. I mean if .dm_83 works as well as those file, like streameable; May a player during a match use NFS to make his demo (/record) readeable in live from an other computer, with no delay + freecam.
That could be possible, but only with the view of the player, AFAIK.
daita

Post by daita »

daita wrote:You confirm me that the first slave, configured on 127.0.0.1, is not reacheable from outside ? did you tryed ?
If so, thks for your hack :p
:)
Oki someone query me and thought I was trolling you for that stuff, so I explain why I asked for some confirmation. Last year I put some ET server on a linux with a net_ip to 127.0.0.1 and this binding did not work at all, and every one can reach the ET server (maybe (surely) some mistake from me). The same guy confirm me that on bsd it works fine. So I was not joking :]
Btw I don't want to reinstall some linux only to check if the net_ip bugs was my fault or not, but I edit my script and changed the net_ip to 127.0.0.1.

thks again.

daita.
arni

Post by arni »

take care:

if you bind the ip to 127.0.0.1, the server will only be able to acess 127.0.0.1 also --- so the master server will have to be running on 127.0.0.1 as well (mine is simply running on every ip (not specified))

--> The server wont even be able to send its heartbeat to the masterservers as they are not reachable via localhost (unless you got a route in your routing table)
daita

Post by daita »

hum, maybe i do not understand you, but in my configuration right now I have a master on a specific IP (.137), the first slave binded on the localhost (127.0.0.1), and the second slave on another public IP (.136).
Ok, .136 and .137 are on the same BSD server, but the match server (master one) can be anywhere in the world, i connect with +tv IP tv_pass g_pass

I hope first slave won't send heartbeat to ET.masters, but the match server is able to, and the second slave also; we broadcast a match yesterday, and some players come on ETTV asking to play oasis with 140 players :-)

daita.
sushi

Post by sushi »

daita wrote:hum, maybe i do not understand you, but in my configuration right now I have a master on a specific IP (.137), the first slave binded on the localhost (127.0.0.1), and the second slave on another public IP (.136).
Ok, .136 and .137 are on the same BSD server, but the match server (master one) can be anywhere in the world, i connect with +tv IP tv_pass g_pass
Actually you can't connect anywhere in the world from a server bound on 127.0.0.1.
daita

Post by daita »

>:O oki, i just wake up; i better understand and you're right, sorry for teh mess arni :>

daita.