ETTV Demos

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Ghost//sol-uk

ETTV Demos

Post by Ghost//sol-uk »

Hi, i finally got my server setup to play ETTV demos, my question is, Is there a way i can get my server to play continous demos so players can join and watch

at present, when one demo finishes, i have to add another command to the server console screen to load the next demo ie

demo """"""""".tv.84 and press enter to load it

thx in advance
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

ettv_autoplay 1

as described in the documentation:
http://ettv.anime.net/documentation.html

That means your demos have to named demo0000 demo0001 etc. If you are using linux, you can do this with slinks, so that you don't lose track of the real names.
send lawyers, guns and money
Ghost//sol-uk

ettv demos

Post by Ghost//sol-uk »

:) ok thx for reply, ettv_autoplay 1 , put this in command line or in server.cfg ??

also, i understand the renamimg side, do they still have to have the .tv.84 ext?? ie demo0001.tv.84

also, if i have say 10 demos, what happens when it gets to the last one?? will it go back to 0001 again ??

thx again..
ReyalP

Re: ettv demos

Post by ReyalP »

Ghost//sol-uk wrote::) ok thx for reply, ettv_autoplay 1 , put this in command line or in server.cfg ??
It's a cvar. You should set it before you play your first demo.
also, i understand the renamimg side, do they still have to have the .tv.84 ext?? ie demo0001.tv.84
demo0001.tv_84 yes.
also, if i have say 10 demos, what happens when it gets to the last one?? will it go back to 0001 again ??

thx again..
Sadly not. You might be able to do it with watchdog in the latest beta of ETTV, but I haven't tested it yet.
send lawyers, guns and money